Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arlesey Town 3 ETFC 1

Team: 3-5-2

Chopper

Matty Negus

Tommy Morgan

Adam Gant

Stuart Snowdon

Steve Baldwin

Jason Geraghty

Fid....

Bradley Quinn

Wayne Grant

Peter U'tos

We started off very well.......playing some nice stuff......then a simple cross from the left alllowed Leon Gutzmore (yes he did score against us for Boring Wood n all) to score from a close range header.....

2nd half...a few changes.......Tommy gave away a penalty.....(the correct decision)...2-0

We then pulled one back from the penalty spot....Stuart Snowdon making it 2 in 2....But then we allowed a long diagonal pass to be squared for their centre forward....

We had chances to score two or three more....poor finishing rather than good goalkeeping....

An ok performance...much improved from the Stortford game......and we were missing Kevin Riley, Bradley Brotherton, John Everitt, Rids, Mark Telfer and Grahame Hall so all in all I am still quite positive for the coming season.

On to Hendon.....

Bradley Quinn....Not Quinton.....

The latter still plays for Braintree.....

BTW.....I think Leon Gutzmore would be an excellent addition to our side.....somehow I dont think it will happen.....He'll want too much money...

Wayne Grant.....Did ok.......worked hard but looked slightly unfit......

He was at Leyton Pennant a couple of years ago....When fit could do very well....!

What a nice ground Arlesey is. I was well impressed. Friendly supporters and what a great gesture is was for donating the raffle moneys to eric and keith's walk fund. A big vote of thanks must go to them. Can we play them again next year ???

----------------- hmmmmm duff beer ----------------------------------

hic!!!!! burrrrppppppppp!!!!!!! D' OH!!!!!!!!

Apart from one good run into the box,i didn't think W.Grant played well at all.....DIdn't hold the ball up,well enough for me,and got frustrated to easily.....We looked much better when 'Pany'? came on,second half.

The quicker we get our FULL squad playing together ,the better.....Some of the players will be going into the season,with only a couple of games under their belts.

I thought it was a decent enough performance - we could have got a draw close to the end before they got their third although Arlesey might have thought a draw would have been harsh on them. Nicky Ironton's clearly still a winner!

Keke did well when he came on, as did Pany, but we still need to find something extra up front, particularly for when Peter Ulatowski is suspended.

I agree with your comments Lovely Stuff about Wayne Grant.

He did appear to get more and more frustrated as the game went on........and he looked unfit..

Still it was his first game......I think he should be given another chance....

Apart from the missed chances Pany did well.....although as the Anfield Towner points out...we do need somebody up front.....

We are creating chances........Peter U'Tos had a couple against Boreham Wood as did Pany & Matty....and against Stortford...Disco Dave could have had a couple.....and then again on Saturday....we just seem to be struggling all over at the moment...

Its a confidence thing remember the 7 - 1 against Ilford and how as we relaxed and scored almost every time. Matty & David either rip the net with a scorcher or it goes miles off target. I still enjoy the rippers though!

That reminds me Lawrence -Are we going to see a video of the Ilford game?

I always felt Martin StH. gave us that extra gear that came in useful to break down a stubborn defence. I hope one of the new boys can do the same - Perhaps Jason?

I wouldn't be too harsh on the strikers. Apart from Brimmo, all our friendlies are against teams from higher leagues, so you would expect the midfield and defence to be busy and the forwards not to get many kicks. In an ideal world maybe we could play a mixture of pre-season friendlies, against teams in comparable or lower leagues.

I'm going to stick my invisible neck out and say I predict Keke to come on a bundle and do well this season.

Toski will be top scorer in the league.

You heard it here first!

Good points Mr Invisible.....

I believe a mixture of friendlies would be better........yeah we get fit......getting the run around by clubs positioned higher than us in the pyamrid....but all the same......like you pointed out to play a couple of "lesser" sides...this would give the team a bit of much needed confidence....