Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division Three

Gareth, the interesting thing really is the make up of the teams that finally go up as this more than anything will influence the boundary between Divison 1 North and South. <p>The more southerly the teams that win promotion (Croydon Ath., Egham, Dorking Casuals etc.) the further south the boundary will be. <p>The important thing from my point of view is that the Essex clubs all remain together and in the North. It's intersting to know where those in the periphery would prefer to compete. For example, Wealdstone supporters favour the south - which surprised me.

It was certainly a good decision to split the division on a North/South basis! Imagine the alternatives!<p>If the split had been East/West, the Essex teams would have been together, but everyone would keep crossing the Thames!

A North-East/South-West split would have been best of all for the Essex teams, but would have been a disaster for teams in the South-East of the Ryman area.

A North-West/South-East split would have been the worst possible division, although teams in the Sotheasterly and Northwesterly corners of Rymanland may beg to differ.

My God, that is so deep and profound that I don't understand it. <p>In fact, it's so deep and so profound that it's total cr*p.<p>Still, that never stopped you posting before.<p>Merv CIFC

Presumably though, assuming a North/South split, the line will be drawn from the East along the Thames to London, and then be adjusted to the line of latitude required to split the clubs evenly before it moves further West. This is roughly the same as what you are saying with a North/South split, but with all Essex clubs in the North, even if this may not be geographically correct.<p>In this case, wouldn't it be better to adjust the angle of the line, rather than it's latitude, West of London to get an even split? Is the Ryman League waiting to see who is in Division One first before making a decision?

Officially, though - it could well be an East/West split. The League have said that no final descision has been taken on how to split the 48 clubs, and North and South is what everyone has assumed it'll be as that's what it was before.<p>If it <b>does</b> go North/South, the Essex sides will almost certainly go off into the North, along with sides in the Northern half of London. <p>An East/West would again put all the Essex clubs in one division (presumably) but would possibly be trickier to administer.<p>As for Wealdstone, I would like to see them in the South with us (assuming that's what happens and we go up) as the rail links are excellent: Bracknell/Egham to Waterloo, Waterloo to Edgware (Northern Line). Much easier to reach than say... Croydon, or Tolworth (where Casuals play) who are both certainties to be on our side of the split.

Croydon Athletic will win it at a canter even though they have taken only one point from the last two games (mini crisis), prior to that they had won 15 out of 16 games and 79 goals in 18 games is remarkable, still in the Vase as well!

By the way Lee are you sure about the location of the Spread Eagle? See Croydon postings!

A different Spread Eagle, sir. This one is most definitely in Katherine Street and at one time (presumably your time) a bank or somesuch establishment. <p>Incidentally, I intend to pay Croydon Athletic my first ever visit tomorrow night having, as I do, a free night so to speak. That will be Tuesday night which could be tonight by the time you read this, if not already in the dim and distant past.

A different Spread Eagle, sir. This one is most definitely in Katherine Street and at one time (presumably your time) a bank or somesuch establishment. <p>Incidentally, I intend to pay Croydon Athletic my first ever visit tomorrow night having, as I do, a free night so to speak. That will be Tuesday night which could be tonight by the time you read this, if not already in the dim and distant past.

Milord, enjoy your trip to Croydon Athletic, or are you going for the beer only? Why, pray tell, do you wish all the Essex Clubs kept together? As a borders team and assuming we don't go up because MH is having ridiculous player abhorrations, we will get lumbered with them all. We'll lose the Leafe, our weekends to Bognor and Worthing and possibly the Stones as well. Ryman Life will become duller if that is at all possible.

Firstly, my apologies for the repetitiveness of my earlier posting (jammed enter button or something).<p>Secondly, I need to find what beer they do at Croydon Athletic as it is very important, as you know, to find these things out.<p>I wish to see all Essex Estuary clubs (plus Harlow Town FC) together and in a different division to ourselves. Estuary Essex brings me out in a rash.<p>Stortford would be a tragic loss from my calendar but one I shall eventually get over.

Paid my little visit to Croydon Athletic. Nice set up, tight little ground. The pitch has a major slope however which you don't really notice from the side with the stand. If you walk over the other side it really is quite noticeable.<p>Croydon walked it (5-1 when I left) and Flackwell Heath only scored from the penalty spot at the second attempt - the first effort well saved by Rob Frankland but the kick was retaken because of encroachment by Croydon defenders.<p>The beer was rank - keg Greene King or Ruddles Smooooooooth.<p>Flackwell have a player called Sebastian Neptune which is rather groovy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee, just seen your recent postings hope you found the Croydon Ath ground alright I got a bit lost the first time I went as far as I recall the beer was OK, although the last time I went, against Dartford in FA Cup, I was driving so didn't have a pint or two like I normally would. You were right about the Spread Eagle in Katherine Street, though there is another in Portland Road, funny I often go along Katherine St and have never noticed it, thought it was just another 'trendy wine bar'!

Shame the top of the table game at Bracknell was postponed last Saturday.

I've never been to Clapton but if I do I'll bring my own beer! Went to Croydon Ath v Brockenhurst in the Vase, didn't kick off until 4.10pm as Brocks arrived late, there were various stories about the driver getting lost etc, but the official 'excuse' was traffic congestion! I guess the FA will investigate, it doesn't do much for the credability of non-league and I would think it actually gives an advantage to the latecomers as the home players would have been twiddling their thumbs for an hour or more. When the game did start Rams won 5-2 hat-trick from Liddle though Fowler somehow didn't score and Brocks Andy Jones scored two cracking long range goals. Only had one pint (driving) which was OK,bar did good trade with delayed KO and Exeter v Dag & Red was on TV afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...