Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Footballing Snobs

cangull

Chris I agree totally that Canvey did not play that well in the first half.

The thing is my expectations were not premier league football as it seemed theirs were, now correct me if I am wrong but these commentators are supposed to be footballing guru's and knowing it was a non league side should have expected a different game than they are normally used to commentating! Instead of complaining about the quality of football in comparison to premier stuff they should have got into the spirit of the FA cup and see it for what it is, in this case a non league side giving it a go, a real go at it and making a dream for the players and fans alike into reality.

Instead they try and steal our thunder by making such derogative comments about the ground and the performence of a non league side as if we are not worthy,(we being non league football), they might as well have said to 5 million viewers if you was thinking of going to support your local non league side forget it as it's **** ! Which is what they seemed to be saying in not so many words.

I could go on and on so i'll stop there as I feel my point has been made.

Except to say! God help Burnley if we are on form that day!!!LOL<p>Super Canvey flying high for non league!!<p>[ 11 December 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]</p>

Poor Old Barry Davis. Now the council are after his head for saying that Canvey wasn't the most beautiful of places. I can't argue with that! They also are complaining cos they showed footage of the gas works etc and implied they were on Canvey. The BBC will never wanna give us £100,000 again after all this rubbish!

That Lawrenson doesn't know his a**e from his elbow. The patronising git was discussing Enfield's cup run (Chesterfield, Preston) a couple of seasons ago and said he didn't know why Enfield and barnet had never merged!!! I've never turned that particular shade of purple before or since... tw*t that he is. mad.gif" border="0