Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor Totton...

dansilk

I'm not actually a fan of either club. Don't like the playoffs and don't like comments like Rother's, when a club is within a point or 2 of auto promotion and lose the playoffs.

Eh? How odd.

What is there to take offence at in this..?

Mick Budny.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever but do feel for the Totton fans hugely. (There but for the grace of God....)

It will be interesting to see if Budny is still there at the start of next season. And if he's not, what state he leaves them in financially.

My sympathy for Totton and the unfair way in which the season was extended to our advantage has been evident in my posts on the subject - I think Budny is an a r s e as it happens but I would never gloat about what happened to the team and its players who have been admirable in extremely difficult circumstances these last 2 or 3 months.

It was the gloating that annoyed me more than anything. What Budny said was stupid, so was the response.

Just my opinion. I feel sorry for everyone at the club, as they have fallen foul of the dumbass playoffs.

I as usual wandered around the ground but nobody knew Stag Whippet - mind you, it seems impossible to read anything on the Totton site so have no idea if you are known as that on there! Some of the folk I spoke to knew their togger and could see what was happening. Don't think youse won a second ball til 40 mins had gone. I've never ever seen Pettefer so anonymous, or Taylor so ineffective.. He was a bit daft to keep on conceding fouls and that allowed a lot of moves to fizzle out. Best pair were young Lewis (some player, him) and young Price on the right but they were just about being held and their crosses could never be cut back to a runner coming in late on the edge of the box.

Castle had spent quite a bit of time stamping on Griffin and the delightful irony of the night was the young kid coming inside, showing outside then whizzing away inside of him and beating Barfs on his post. From the angle of the box. Susan Perb.

Have always known Bridgy have a good team, indeed a very good footballing team because they can and do vary their play.They will be favourites on Saturday. We will have to be very much on top of our passing and positional movement to get anything.

I agree with the comment above - make it three down so top 2 go up and then playoff for the final place. Except, the FA have got their League structure badly awry to be able to accommodate the Lets Keep The Money for Us Conference set up. Ho hum, since when did the bedrock clubs get any commonsense from the powers that be?

No, I am on there in my own name, one or two know who i am. agree with all of that, why we took castle on mid season is beyond me, not seen him have a good game yet. Lewis, bl oody brill, my player of the year. He made an error in the FA cup against bath and was left on the bench for a few games after. If he had been on at taunton (3-3, after being in front 3 times) we would have won that one.............. if and but and maybe. Over it already, looking forward to next season.

Cant see all this sniping, don't see anything bad there.

FYI Mr Budny probably said too much, but now a lot less in the forefront.

Edited by Stag Whippet

I think Totton dont help their cause by being such a closed shop compaired to Windsor with nearly every week Scotty being interviewed by both local papers allowing for an issues or problems to be aired if needed

I never got the copy of the express where Totton had a go at Victor but having clearly watched him and say what they did is always going to wind people up. His goalscoring record stands for itself and i think if he was at Windsor still the league would of been wrapped up before the last weekend.

Last season we all could see windsor were going to lose in the play offs and i think the same would of happened this season aswell but for Totton to be on a good run and then to be cut down at home to a injury time winner must be worse that last season for windsor!!

Totton will most likely walk the league next season and good luck to them. Decent sized fanbase and moving to a spanking new ground. Jealous? A bit!

...Totton will most likely walk the league next season and good luck to them. Decent sized fanbase and moving to a spanking new ground. Jealous? A bit!

Well, last year Truro were handsome winners with us a distant second; now we're very close winners; but Totton have been so close, both times, that I can't see anyone else getting top spot before them next season.

So they've got to be favourites, certainly... but if another Truro-style team come up, since at this level it doesn't take a billionaire to change things much, that could still throw all calculations off.

I'm not actually a fan of either club. Don't like the playoffs and don't like comments like Rother's, when a club is within a point or 2 of auto promotion and lose the playoffs.

Eh? How odd.

What is there to take offence at in this..?

Mick Budny.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever but do feel for the Totton fans hugely. (There but for the grace of God....)

It will be interesting to see if Budny is still there at the start of next season. And if he's not, what state he leaves them in financially.

My sympathy for Totton and the unfair way in which the season was extended to our advantage has been evident in my posts on the subject - I think Budny is an a r s e as it happens but I would never gloat about what happened to the team and its players who have been admirable in extremely difficult circumstances these last 2 or 3 months.

It was the gloating that annoyed me more than anything. What Budny said was stupid, so was the response.

Just my opinion. I feel sorry for everyone at the club, as they have fallen foul of the dumbass playoffs.

What gloating was that then?

NOBODY from W&E has gloated at Totton all season that I can remember. I certainly haven't. There has been a unanimous respect for the fans and their players.

But Budny has made himself very unpopular in many circles, not just Windsor, so I can assure you a lot of people will be quietly rather pleased that he has fallen flat on his face after chucking a small fortune into the club over the last 2 years. Those same people will also be concerned about the future for Totton if the supply of money that has been made available to the club, (their wage bill was, I am told, significantly higher than Windsor's) now dries up.

That is a genuine concern born largely out of empathy because it could so nearly have been us.

Good luck to AFC Totton, they have played some great football in the last 2 years. I'm not sure next season is going to be as plain sailing as some appear to think.

There was one fella stalking around outside and then inside with a face like thunder Wed night - the rest were just shell shocked and understandably very quiet. We left the little Boardroom very, very quickly and went back outside .... have no idea if anybody from Totton talked to us, though a few of their players, in the clubhouse later, did well when our lads chatted to them. Difficult time for them but they are mostly young and will come again.

Rother,

We may as well agree to disagree, because we never will agree.

Totton's budget by the way was nowhere near Windsor's even before they reduced it. Not that I'm really bothered about the money side unless, like Windsor in my opinion, it threatens the existence of the club in the future.

Each to their own.

I think maybe totton went into the game thinking they were going to walk it. Indeed stag whippet posted on here that he was not at all worried about playing in the play offs, my view was that they were going to get beat as i think we would have done if we hadnt won the league. Whats to feel sorry about, its a game, most players **** off when something better comes along anyway. If you want to feel sorry for the fans fair enough but theyare probably over it by now.

Rother,

We may as well agree to disagree, because we never will agree.

Totton's budget by the way was nowhere near Windsor's even before they reduced it. Not that I'm really bothered about the money side unless, like Windsor in my opinion, it threatens the existence of the club in the future.

Each to their own.

Disagree about what? I have no idea what you are talking about.

How do you know what the 2 club's budgets were to make that statement as if it is fact?

Time to put up or shut up.

As I said earlier I felt the comments about Budny were unnecessary and came across as gloating. I have no idea what the history is with Budny, nor do I care.

I watch Bedfont Green, but my sources are none of your business. I am 100% certain what I have said about the budgets is correct.

A fair few of you ill-informed Windsor fans accused Bedfont Green of not paying their bills on time, when in fact they paid early to help your team out of a hole. You were disrespectful to my club then and I felt Rother was disrespectful to a team that were unfortunate to miss out on auto promotion in this thread.

Hope that clears things up for the slow of understanding.

It's certainly cleared up any uncertainty I had about about the size of the chip on your shoulder.

It's huge.

Either that or you're downright stupid.

If you find this comment disrespectful...

then presumably you'd find this one hard to stomach as well...

Sure they deserve a chance at the higher level but If Mr Scott moves on (a certainty IMO, hopefully upwards not sideways) then I would expect a few to follow so I fear you may not be right about the squad sticking together.

and this about the ground share arrangements...

If it is supposed to be W&E's responsibility to miantain / prepare the pitch at all times then, quite frankly, it is a disgrace that they / we are not fulfilling that part of the bargain.

I say what I feel and allegiances don't come into it.

After Wednesday night I COULD have gloated big-time at Budny considering he banned me (and all other visiting / casual supporters) from their forum because, in the face of some pretty foul abuse from (I am told) his aliases, I was polite and not the gloating twat he wanted me to be after we beat them down here (Stag Whippet will back me up there), but I chose not to gloat.

You owe me an apology Fat Boy.

Fat chance.

Edited by Rother

I say what I feel as well and have no allegiances, but I owe you nothing, least of all an apology.

This was the comment I didn't like:-

'Mick Budny.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever '

So obviously you are harder of understanding than I gave you credit for :beer:

Why would I have a chip on my shoulder? I tried to end it amicably and agree to disagree, but you wanted to go on and on. Who does that indicate has a chip on their shoulder?

I didn't say you slated Bedfont Green, but others did, although your comment of:-

The way it has been explained to me in that past is that the reason the pitch looks so bad for BG's games (and I have been down for a few) is that BG can't afford anyone to come down and put a roller on the pitch in the days preceding their games.

was marginally better than:-

I would be surprised if BG are paying 15k a year when they are always pleading poverty, shame you dont get some of your people to be a bit more active to try and get your games on rather than moan all the time.

but a lot better than

I can confirm we have big financial problems at the moment and thats straight from the chairmans mouth! I'm also led to believe that Bedfont Green are behind with rent for the ground!

which claims to be from someone talking to the horses mouth, although it appears he was talking out of the horses [****!!****].

I actually thought you were almost fair on the topic of the games being called off for Bedfont but not for Windsor.

If what you say about Budny is true then he is a complete knob jockey. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have risen above it though.

Edited by Fat Boy

Now Now children, whats all this about. I will bang your heads together if it continues boxing.gif

I continue to visit this forum because you can put your point and do not get slagged of for it whether you are right, wrong or downright stupid.

I have never thought anyone was gloating, all I ever saw was peoples thoughts and they always seem to listen to the other point of view. There was no gloating back in January when it all went off on our forum, just peoples thoughts on the current events (it had been much less exciting since).

I will continue to keep tabs here and wish all good luck next season.

Just can't get this Cirencester thing though, there was a few interesting text flying around yesterday i can tell you !! 492.gif

Totton will most likely walk the league next season and good luck to them.

I think Bridgewater may have other ideas about that Woody. VT will fancy their chances too & of course my own club Frome Town, will be throwing their own weight about & having a say on things (hope so anyway!) I fully understand why you made that comment & after 2 very near misses youd think it'd be theirs for the taking but football dont work that way does it. I can see next season being very close indeed with all the above mentioned clubs along with what looks like a very strong Poole Town outfit joining the SL having a say on things too. Time will tell but Totton "Walk the league next season"? Dont think so somehow.

Good luck to W&E in the premier next season. Shame you wont get your Derby game with slough but hey ho, gives the bragging rights to Windsor until they are playing at the same level as you.

[Good luck to W&E in the premier next season. Shame you wont get your Derby game with slough but hey ho, gives the bragging rights to Windsor until they are playing at the same level as you.

Thanks, southwestred. Actually that might be an interesting historical point - one for the memory-men on here. When (if ever) was the last time that Windsor played in a higher division than Slough?

As for this division, if Totton can keep the same side I'd see them as favourites, likely to repeat what we did this year after being in just the same position as them last year. But as you say there's some other very strong sides; those you mention and I'd also add Gosport as one to watch.

At the risk of being accused of gloating I really do think Totton will struggle to match the near misses of the last 2 seasons.

Budny has been the money man since he arrived and a club just can't carry on having the highest wage budget in the League, year on year, if you don't get promotion and are not backed by a millionaire+, which Budny is far from being.

If Budny decides not to advance further dosh and / or wants some of his money back then you could see Totton having a major struggle next season.

I'm sure he'll want to be there for the opening of the new stadium but can't see him chucking another load of cash at the playing side.

Anyway, star players like Gosney, Pettifer and Taylor and other high earners seem likely to move on and if they do they'll be hard to replace on a lower budget.

Unfortunately one must imagine that W&E will face similar financial issues.

Are Poole going up then, thought their ground wasn't suitable for step 4.

Maybe they will ground share with Totton. wink.gif