Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor Totton...

dansilk

Windsorian, according to the league tables in the Non-League Paper (page 35), Poole Town are showing as having applied for promotion to step 4.

Totton will most likely walk the league next season and good luck to them.

I think Bridgewater may have other ideas about that Woody. VT will fancy their chances too & of course my own club Frome Town, will be throwing their own weight about & having a say on things (hope so anyway!) I fully understand why you made that comment & after 2 very near misses youd think it'd be theirs for the taking but football dont work that way does it. I can see next season being very close indeed with all the above mentioned clubs along with what looks like a very strong Poole Town outfit joining the SL having a say on things too. Time will tell but Totton "Walk the league next season"? Dont think so somehow.

Good luck to W&E in the premier next season. Shame you wont get your Derby game with slough but hey ho, gives the bragging rights to Windsor until they are playing at the same level as you.

S West Red has a good point. On their performance over the past two seasons, Totton will be very geared up to get through next season but, as many have suggested, only if they can keep their squad together. But I agree with SW Red - Frome are a very, very good team with an enthusiastic band of supporters and Mr Perrin will already be looking to find a replacement for the iconic Salter.

Bridgy also have a stonkin team and set up, though I suspect Tivvy will bust a gut (and throw some money) at getting Mr Laird. And hope they can afford to lure most of his team with him. Me, I think he would be daft to go. Paulton are starting to show signs of strain - an experienced team but pace will hurt them next season - and The Mangos, after a wretched start this season, have started to put together a squad with a strong spine and a hugely influential forward in Meaker.

Don't forget, it is moron likely that Weymuff will feature next year and, ground grading apparently now approved, Poole will fear nobody. Don't lose sight of VT - any club that can build two good teams, and make no mistake their Rezzies are a younger, quicker version of the First Team, has a lot of potential.

No shoo in for Totton and as many have said, it will depend a lot on whether they can keep that squad together. Next year is going to be fascinating. Having reviewed it, I'm starting to think we at Ciren have been more than lucky to have escaped that particular bunfight.

Windsorian, according to the league tables in the Non-League Paper (page 35), Poole Town are showing as having applied for promotion to step 4.

Right, i was getting my information on Mike Averys site and i seemed to remember that their own ground is well short of what is required. So i wonder which is correct ?

Right, i was getting my information on Mike Averys site and i seemed to remember that their own ground is well short of what is required. So i wonder which is correct ?

I beleive they are moving to Poole Stadium which is home to the Speedway. More than good enough for SL & probably higher too. Not exactly close to the pitch though!"!"

Totton will most likely walk the league next season and good luck to them.

I think Bridgewater may have other ideas about that Woody. VT will fancy their chances too & of course my own club Frome Town, will be throwing their own weight about & having a say on things (hope so anyway!) I fully understand why you made that comment & after 2 very near misses youd think it'd be theirs for the taking but football dont work that way does it. I can see next season being very close indeed with all the above mentioned clubs along with what looks like a very strong Poole Town outfit joining the SL having a say on things too. Time will tell but Totton "Walk the league next season"? Dont think so somehow.

Good luck to W&E in the premier next season. Shame you wont get your Derby game with slough but hey ho, gives the bragging rights to Windsor until they are playing at the same level as you.

S West Red has a good point. On their performance over the past two seasons, Totton will be very geared up to get through next season but, as many have suggested, only if they can keep their squad together. But I agree with SW Red - Frome are a very, very good team with an enthusiastic band of supporters and Mr Perrin will already be looking to find a replacement for the iconic Salter.

Bridgy also have a stonkin team and set up, though I suspect Tivvy will bust a gut (and throw some money) at getting Mr Laird. And hope they can afford to lure most of his team with him. Me, I think he would be daft to go. Paulton are starting to show signs of strain - an experienced team but pace will hurt them next season - and The Mangos, after a wretched start this season, have started to put together a squad with a strong spine and a hugely influential forward in Meaker.

Don't forget, it is moron likely that Weymuff will feature next year and, ground grading apparently now approved, Poole will fear nobody. Don't lose sight of VT - any club that can build two good teams, and make no mistake their Rezzies are a younger, quicker version of the First Team, has a lot of potential.

No shoo in for Totton and as many have said, it will depend a lot on whether they can keep that squad together. Next year is going to be fascinating. Having reviewed it, I'm starting to think we at Ciren have been more than lucky to have escaped that particular bunfight.

Thanks for your 1st remark but please tell me What makes you think that Salts is leaving?

A big fair play to you guys for promotion. Most fans love to hate the play-offs but if were honest, they are good for football & (never experiencing play off glory) it must be great to go up that way.

Commiserations to Totton after whats been a great end of season (all credit to them for their attempt to be champions) but you got to admire the way Ciren took the play-offs by storm.

Don't think Salts is leaving - but I do think, massive club stalwart that he is (as is Cheesman, by a country mile the best defender in the SW Division) coming towards the end of his career at the top level. Still cunning, still able to score but not as quick or free from injury as when he was a sprog! So, I just suspect Mr P will be looking for another forward of similar quality to put into the mix for next season.

Ballinger is a cracker but a team that has just one consistent goal threat will find the more organised teams will find a way to close down goal chances .... anyway, will be a fascinating build up, especially if another Devon club come up and Mr P finds he is having to compete with yet another club within reach of the rolling hills of Wiltshire :smilewinkgrin:

I also happen to think that Taylor at Totton will not be playing as many games next year - they have/had five good forwards and mixing and matching those (around several injuries through the season) meant they only scored their bagfulls after they had pummelled the opposition into dust!

We really should be having this conversation elsewhere - apologies to you W&E lot. Your fault for having a lively Forum :signthankspin:

Don't think Salts is leaving - but I do think, massive club stalwart that he is (as is Cheesman, by a country mile the best defender in the SW Division) coming towards the end of his career at the top level. Still cunning, still able to score but not as quick or free from injury as when he was a sprog! So, I just suspect Mr P will be looking for another forward of similar quality to put into the mix for next season.

Ballinger is a cracker but a team that has just one consistent goal threat will find the more organised teams will find a way to close down goal chances .... anyway, will be a fascinating build up, especially if another Devon club come up and Mr P finds he is having to compete with yet another club within reach of the rolling hills of Wiltshire :smilewinkgrin:

I also happen to think that Taylor at Totton will not be playing as many games next year - they have/had five good forwards and mixing and matching those (around several injuries through the season) meant they only scored their bagfulls after they had pummelled the opposition into dust!

We really should be having this conversation elsewhere - apologies to you W&E lot. Your fault for having a lively Forum :signthankspin:

You make a fair point about Salts Ciren & i know deep down your probably/possibly right but i certainly hope not. You dont get anymore iconic & stalwart or LOYAL than Mark Salter. 292 goals from 446 (+13 sub) is as good as it gets at any level. Hes turned down many offers from clubs at a higher level to stay with Frome (apart from his short lived career at Southend (4 apps 1 goal) & personaly ive been a bit gutted for him this season. The shoulder injury at the start of the season knocked him a bit i think. Also, the step up in class has been a bit of a rude awakening for us & from reports, was a bit of a rude awakening for Salts too. But as i said, his injury took its toll. Only a handfull of players from last season are still with us but that handfull have proved beyond doubt they are good enough for this level & premier too. ie: Jamie Cheeseman & Matt Peters Sim Allison & Laps.

Another quality striker would be great mind you, what club wouldnt want one. Theres a striker about who goes by the name of Micheal Chennels whose not too bad. Make a good bench warmer apparently, ever heard of him? :) Im sure Perrin will get the men hes after & on a relatively tight budget & im certain Frome wont just be making up the numbers next season. You can feel & see the ambition at the club at the moment & ive not known a buzz like it in all the 36 years ive been a fan.

Im sure if W&E get pissed off with "outsiders" on their forum the'll let us kwow. Its good to :451:

Im sure if W&E get pissed off with "outsiders" on their forum the'll let us kwow. Its good to :451:

IMO more than welcome, especially if you happen to gossip about the quality players you've got who might just be amenable to moving closer to London... you know, to play at a higher level... ;)

It'd be nice if there was a central forum for posts related to the division, or indeed teams shortly moving in/out of the division - but it automatically got populated from individual forums depending on the contents. OK, if I could really be *rsed it's probably doable by RSS and a lot of individual feeds, but that's much too much like work... so failing that, having a meeting place here is excellent for us lazy types:signthankspin:

IMO more than welcome, especially if you happen to gossip about the quality players you've got who might just be amenable to moving closer to London... you know, to play at a higher level... ;)

It'd be nice if there was a central forum for posts related to the division, or indeed teams shortly moving in/out of the division - but it automatically got populated from individual forums depending on the contents. OK, if I could really be *rsed it's probably doable by RSS and a lot of individual feeds, but that's much too much like work... so failing that, having a meeting place here is excellent for us lazy types:signthankspin:

Do you mean Chippenham? ;)

• 1 month later...

So SW, now that Budny has got bored with chucking money at this particular toy and switched allegiances to another club, what are the implications on AFC Totton's finances? Is he going to get his money back? Is the wage budget being slashed? Will the star names really stick around? (Similar Qs could be asked of W&E of course!)

And does it mean that the Discussion Forum, previously moderated by him, will be opened up to all-comers again?

BTW, as a made-up-reason for no longer supporting a team you've been Director of Football for for 2 years this one scrapes the barrel!!

“My sons are not as interested in non-League as they are Saints and I have to put them first."

So SW, now that Budny has got bored with chucking money at this particular toy

Bit rich isnt it? Not that i am saying Peter got 'bored' however.

BTW, as a made-up-reason for no longer supporting a team you've been Director of Football for for 2 years this one scrapes the barrel!!

“My sons are not as interested in non-League as they are Saints and I have to put them first."

At least he's left a legacy behind him of a new ground and is carrying on investing in the youth side of the club. You cant expect moneymen to pour cash in forever with realisticly no chance of getting it back!

So SW, now that Budny has got bored with chucking money at this particular toy

Bit rich isnt it? Not that i am saying Peter got 'bored' however.

At least he's left a legacy behind him of a new ground and is carrying on investing in the youth side of the club. You cant expect moneymen to pour cash in forever with realisticly no chance of getting it back!

Comparing Peter to Budny is just not like for like. Peter kept the club afloat for 15 years with little chance of getting his money back. Our ground is in much better condition, as is the pitch and the club is now moving forward. Compare this to someone who put money in for two years, doesn't get promoted and then decides to watch southampton instead, different level of commitment i feel.

Anyone putting money into a club, especially at our level, and expecting to get it back is a fool.

I will take my hat off to anyone who puts money into a club becaase they love the club and want to see it be successful, doesn't always work and sometimes the money dries up, but if they do it for the right reasons maybe we should stop slating these people. The Truro man was a local man wasn't he, pumped money into his local club and got slated for buying the league, but how else will a team with little support, little success and little chance of either progress without some external support?

Anyone putting money into a club, especially at our level, and expecting to get it back is a fool.

I will take my hat off to anyone who puts money into a club becaase they love the club and want to see it be successful, doesn't always work and sometimes the money dries up, but if they do it for the right reasons maybe we should stop slating these people. The Truro man was a local man wasn't he, pumped money into his local club and got slated for buying the league, but how else will a team with little support, little success and little chance of either progress without some external support?

How to become a non-league millionaire:-

1. Start with two million.

2. Become club chairman.

3. There is no 3 !