Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our friends at Huddersfield......

.....maybe in the mire still.

Despite being ready to come out of administration after reaching agreement with the PFA over unpaid wages, the club is now being 'held to ransom' by some players demanding all their cash.

Surely if the club hasn't got it then it can't be paid.

If they bring the club down then they wouldn't get it anyway.....

Yeah Daz - Our problems just won't go away!

There are 4 ex-players who have not formally signed an agreement on a financial settlement, although they agreed verbally via the PFA over a month ago. Our 'League Share' will not be reinstated unless every aspect of the agreed recovery plan is formally in place. The deadline for this was Monday 4 August. Over the weekend the Sunday Newspapers were reporting that some players had still not signed and that's how it turned out. We're still waiting to be formally reinstated. With the new September ruling that clubs will be deducted points if they going into administration this is a total worry.

It seems once again that the dreaded 'Agents' are stirring things up! When are these people going to be dealt with? They're calling the tune at every turn in every club, unsettling previously settled players, jacking up players wages and making an absolute mint themselves. They need contolling! - OK rant over!

On the field our warm up programme has gone really well with us going 5 games undefeated (including a 2-0 success over Sunderland).

It seems that we'll be biting our nails right up to the last minute. I just hope this nightmare will be over and we can get on with watching our beloved team play.

Up the Fleet!

BB

Quote:
Blind Bigot said:

It seems once again that the dreaded 'Agents' are stirring things up! When are these people going to be dealt with? They're calling the tune at every turn in every club, unsettling previously settled players, jacking up players wages and making an absolute mint themselves. They need contolling! - OK rant over!

Not controlling BB, banning they produce nothing useful to the sport whatsoever, and they will be the death of more than one club in the end.

Beat me to it BB - I've just seen the news on Teletext - The Football League have ratified Ken Davy's takeover and released Huddersfield from administration - great news.

Now all your lads and the Fleet have got to do, is perform on the pitch (I see Huddersfield are as low as 8/1 for Div 3 this season)

I can understand that!

We're all getting a little bit carried away at this end but odds of 8/1 is about right. Our club web-sites are full of optimism and there is a real buzz around. It feels like we have a new club, a new team and a beginning.

We'll see - 3pts against Cambridge will settle my nerves!

Up The Fleet!

BB