Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Burnley's not that bad - honest!!

Hi all

Just reading through some of the mentions bout coming to the Turf - it's true that we have had some numpties following us - but believe me u will encounter no problems on the day. As was mentioned the Cricket Club is a good place to water (it's backs on to the away stand) but the best place to drink in the Sparrow Hawk Hotel on Church St - full of families and the best range of real ale in the area (5 min walk). It also does B+B great music on fri night (12.45pm license)

We had 7 years in the 4th div so we appreaciate your position cos we nearly went there!

If u want to know owt else let me know and i'll sort it out,<p>Cheers,

Hodgy (up the clarets!)

I'll back Hodgy up on that one I cant see there being any trouble at all at this game, The Sparra is good too, the London Clarets drink in there and they are a great bunch of lads... I have never seen any trouble in all the time I've been going in there and away fans have always been made feel welcome. It does get packed out though!<p>Prof :-)

Are there any hotels / B&Bs, restuarants, pubs, clubs etc that you would recommend for the weekend visitor? - (ideally a short taxi hop from the ground.) Many of the Burnley related websites I've looked up have had little info for visitors.