Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Newhaven FC.

There are excited noises coming out of Fort Foad Newhaven.

Sleeping giants Newhaven are reported to have secured the services of a substantial benefactor.

Although the sponsor has not yet been named,striker Lee Robinson welcomed the cash injection,hoping it would be spent in the correct way.

Newhaven may be on the cusp of a new era and a return to the highs of the early 1990's under Mick Rogers.

Newhaven and Peacehaven are a couple of my stamping-grounds, (when I'm allowed out of Surrey).

I had a good look at Newhavens ground quite recently.

Newhaven and Peacehaven are a couple of my stamping-grounds, (when I'm allowed out of Surrey).

I had a good look at Newhavens ground quite recently.

It has to be time to do something about the monolith on the far side of the ground.Either to finish it or pull it down.Maybe just shove it in the Harbour?wall.gif

what sort of crowds to newhaven get,could get or have done in the past.?

what sort of crowds to newhaven get,could get or have done in the past.?

At the time the building was built,in the early 1990's,Newhaven were a top County League side,and were getting crowds well into the hundreds.As has been seen many times at this level in Sussex,the money dried up,players left and now Newhaven flounder in Division Three.

Their crowds are now counted in tens rather than hundreds and the vast unfinished building is a reminder of the damage overstepping your financial boundaries can do.smashfreakb.gif

yes,i know what you mean.

I am surprised the majority of clubs don't get higher crowds,even at ryman prem level,most clubs get a tiny fraction of the local population supporting them.

I don't know how most of them survive.

Whitehawk,who won the Sussex County League and made the semi final of the Vase,averaged around 50 for home games.

They play in the Ryman League next season and will need crowds in the hundreds to compete.futbolbud2.gif

in the ryman one south where they will play the majority of the clubs get around the 100-130 mark,with 4 or 5 around the 200 mark.

They may well get a hundred plus to start with.If they do well it could hold and maybe even increase to two hundred.

If things don't go well it wlii be one man and his dog.They don't really have more than 20-30 people who follow them week in week out.

What part of 'Sussex-By-The-Sea' do you hail from, Donkey ?

I must remember to tell you when I'm next imbibing in 'The Sussex Coaster', Coast Road, Peacehaven !

:champis2:

Not a bad bar the Coaster.Better than the Badgers Watch or the Telscome Tavern.

Just off the Coast road at Saltdean,the Spanish Lady (Saloon Bar) isn,t bad.

We musn't forget the Dew-Drop Inn as well.

Is that Newhaven end of Peacehaven just off the main 259 opposite the Chinese restaurant?snack.gif

Is that Newhaven end of Peacehaven just off the main 259 opposite the Chinese restaurant?snack.gif

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=38933

http://www.informati...?Place_ID=38933

That's the onesmilewinkgrin.gif