Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gate squad takes shape for new campaign

Wellsie

Shame no Grant Cooper.

See previous post - ''SOME NEWS'' where this quote has beeen taken from:

“You always build from the back and I’m lucky to have the best goalkeeper in the league in Jamie Turner,” he said.

“He’s an excellent talker and looking at the centre-halves we’ve got, if you include Dan Young, we look strong at the back.

We’ve got a few quiet players but Tommy Osborne did a good job playing at sweeper and Grant Cooper’s a good organiser.”

The most up to date info is on the official website. That doesn;t mean that conversations are or are not happening with other players previously named or not (Donald R eat your heart out!) but the list of players in the latest news item is bang up to date.

Looking good so far IMO. As I previously said on here am guessing we might lose Grant due to his high wages but I reckon we have an ideal replacement in Craig Cloke.

With the addition of a decent no 2 keeper the defence is more or less sorted. If IOC can get the 2 strikers he is after we have the makings of a decent squad who should be top half at least. Interesting that Sam Jones not committed yet and no Nick Barnes. Still will need to bolster midfield if they are no longer with us.

Above all-i think its brilliant that we have got an early update:

a few surprises for me;

i was doubtful that keister would have been kept on-though pleased he is as assistant to IOC-and did not expect robinson or wilson to stay-pleased they are.

Hopefully,cooper,barnes ,jones and young will all sign aswell, though in reality-if two of those four stay,then that won,t be too bad.

Like others say-midfield looking a bit bare at moment (although ty benjamin is a surprise and a bonus )-and to me-sort midfield before the strikers-however-with twelve weeks to go-its pretty good so far

Edited by michael