Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BACK TO WORK

CANV EFM

brrr bit parky out there tonite...i told you they were good... they could and should have been 2 up early doors but we had a few cahnces as well 1st half, we looked a bit off the pace but then to be honest they made us look that way... second half was a lot better and once we got the goal we started playing more like the park lane faithful are used to seeing.. some of our stuff didnt work out but that was because they didnt let it..they are a good team and getting 6 points out of em is a major result.. i think they will feel dissapointed at not getting a result and rightly so...one final point, i was glad to see cobby come on, no disrespect to wayno who has been excellent recently, but i just feel cobby livens things up a bit more when its not all going to plan smile.gif" border="0

Well, this is the report I have written for the Chesham site. I am sorry I don't know who your players are! But I felt we really should have got something today.<p>If we could finish it would be nice, never mind, enjoy the report, good luck against Burnley.<p>Canvey 2 Chesham 1<p>Preddie

Hall

Wooton (OG)

Goddard

Kersey

Spiller

Cooksey

Brown

Graham (Boyle Renner)

Andrews 53

Fewings<p>No points, but no shame!<p>There are certainly areas of our game that deserved criticism today. But what I cannot criticise is the work, effort and determination today. Chesham should have won today, at least got a draw but Canvey did a ‘smash and grab’ on us today. <p>The first half started brightly for Chesham, in the first 10 minutes we needed to adjust to Canvey’s patient and intricate passing. But after that period Chesham began to roar in to action, we really pushed the game forward, Wayne broke through on the keeper, and slid just wide of the post. Fewings met an Andrew corss to hit the post. We laid siege on the Canvey goal.<p>We should have been 2-0 up before Canvey had their first opportunity of note. A freekick on the edge of the box which was struck hard and low. Delroy made an excellent save and the lads kept Canvey’s chances to a minimum. There was also a clear brake through by Vaughan (I think!) he struck just wide. Chesham had won the half on points and weren’t awed by Canvey.<p>The second half began in much the same form. Wayne Andrews broke through and smashed the ball home. It was simply a beautiful goal, this should have been a winning goal. There was then a double sending off, a very silly challenge by Canvey’s number 6 and an even more foolish reprisal by Paul Fewings, both were sent off.<p>Now Fewings today was very important for Chesham, he won the ball and held it up very well, taking a lot of pressure off the defence. This incident was probably the key to Canvey’s comeback. The equaliser was plain agonising, a pacy cross, a moment of madness from Gary Wooten (who hadn’t put a foot wrong until that moment). Gary just tapped the ball totally wrongfooting Preddie.<p>If the equaliser was agonising their 90th minute winner was heartbraking, a pacy break, a well placed shot. A good goal, but the feeling of frustration and injustice was felt by the fans and players. We gave the lads a round of applause, because all Chesham fans felt we didn’t deserve to lose.<p>Man of the Match has to go to Richard Graham, he showed heart, control and pace, absolutely fantastic. Special mentions to Dereck Brown, you deserved a lot more on your 100th appearance and Lee Kersey, just simply brilliant. Any players reading this, you did us proud, don’t let your heads drop.<p>Quote of the day, from my old man, “If Canvey win this league, we’ll be second”. Bring on Enfield!

steve p part of me feels sorry for you but these are just the results we need to win the title. today canvey played a side who tried to match them tackle for tackle, pass for pass.but today we got the break at the end which could prove all important come the end of the season, well played chesham. P.S. the ref was way too card happy

I think some credit has to go Canvey's way, they still managed to pull a victory from a game where most of it they didn't look like tatking anything. It does bear the hallmarks of a championship team. It also shows for a Chesham fan, how frustrating it can be.<p>I think in Wayne Andrews we have the best all-round striker in this league, even that wasn't enough. Still, there's always next season.....

Steve

I agree with you about Wayne Andrews he is the best striker I have seen this year.

So much pace its frightening.

I must say I really like the way you play and always try and win the game rather than sit back and hit us on the break.

I think we were lucky yesterday and i fell no other team will take six points off you this year.<p>Good luck for the rest of the season