Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eastbourne United exodous

Brian Dennis has quit as manager as the money has dried up at Eastbourne United.Many of the experienced players,including captain Reece Head,have left for pastures new.

Head has often stated that he was not at Eastbourne United for the money,but because he enjoyed playing with such a close group of players who were mates on and off of the pitch.

As usual though,money talks and whichever players Whitehawk don't want will be scrabbling around for the best wages they can find in the County League.Pathetic. :doh:

I think you'll find that money is going to be a serious issue to a lot of clubs at our level in the coming season.

There used to be a time when players played football for the love of the game but that's long gone.

I personally don't think that non league players should receive anything other than expenses or at least limit each league to a certain level ie conf national £500 max pw

conf south north £300pw

ryman prem/unibond/bgb £200 pw and so on,would probably make the limit even lower than that tbh

No loyalty.They were happy at Eastbourne United when the money was there.This season the Committee has decided to "Suspend" payments for a season to use the funds to improve the facilities.Now a group of players given a chance to prove themselves when they left youth football (They joined the club en masse from Eastbourne Borough who didn't want them) ,have decided to jump ship.It seems that many are dropping standards to gain money.

Disgraceful, :mad:

I can't see why players of the calibre of Lee Walsh,Rafa Cupinski,Jamie McKenzie,Steve Dallaway,Danny Andrews,Tyler Goacher,Simon Stevens,Nick Maynard and especially Tom Merton,would wish to play at a lower level when they have the likes of Ringmer,a club on the up,not too far away.:arcadefreak:

There used to be a time when players played football for the love of the game but that's long gone.

I personally don't think that non league players should receive anything other than expenses or at least limit each league to a certain level ie conf national £500 max pw

conf south north £300pw

ryman prem/unibond/bgb £200 pw and so on,would probably make the limit even lower than that tbh

The idea of a maximum wage may sound attractive but it could never work as the clubs that could afford to would just give backhanders. While we could all support a maximum wage for premiership players and bankers,etc, etc, I don't think its fair to penalize non league footballers, when many of them also do a full time job, just to make ends meet.

It's not penalizing them.the non league game is non

proffesional on the whole,most clubs train one or two nights a week and play once or twice a week.any money coming in through football should be used as an extra income not a main income

I don't see why a maximum wage couldn't work in both the proffesional game and non proffessional game

Anybody wanting stupid money should give Sussex a try.Whitehawks wage bill last season to win the County League was around 200 grand.Five grand a week.

In five years they'll be skint and in Intermediate football.There are other Sussex teams playing stupid money as well. cheesy%20(2).gif

It won't take as long as five years, Donks !

I reckon a lot of non-league clubs will cease to exist by the end of the coming season.

I agree.I don't think this recession is over by a long chalk.I hope the ones who have been frugal and sensible survive.

In the end local football will be stronger,as each club is run by and played for by those who care about their local clubs! :brille008: