Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current squad!

The Hovis Kid

Windsorian/Geggy i'm reading it as I see it .All he's doing is posing the question. If Dave Mudge came on our forum and said I don't think 'Player XYZ' has signed for Slough or questioned a signing i'd have no problem with it. In fact someone connected with a club did when we signed James Duncan from Margate last season. I'd simply be intrigued to see if the player was actually with us as I was then.

You are reading far too much into it in my opinion. Your official website even says " Will Dunlop who has agreed to return after joining Burnham". So that suggests he has/had not signed, so Steve is in his right to question if he has actually signed.

PS: Windsorian thanks for the Good Luck x

Edited by Chris

Who knows? Maybe Bates has signed him, saw the above post and got a bit confused as he thought it might have been from an official source!

As for managers posting on forums - I believe the Chesham manager has in the past, and I'm pretty sure Dave Mudge has frequented the odd forum or two in the past.

Hope Windsor can sort themselves out off the pitch and survive at Premier level.

I would love to agree with the current squad but word reaches my tired little ears that all is not well in the camp, and perhaps you could ask Peter why we have allowed Dave Mudge to say that players have signed when they havent! The reality is- 1-DM spoke to the current players and "the response was encouraging" Result- at least 9 left! 2-3/6 in the express- DM stated that he was in advanced negotiations with 4/5 players- who ? It can only be Scott/Johnson 3- 4/6 in the papers and website DM said that the club had beaten off 7 clubs and that BUCK had signed. Result- He signed for Thatcham! 4-DM states this week that R Parson, S Butler, B Wilson & A Fagan have left. Are we not counting R Wharton, G Smith, A Dickens, S Taylor, M Richardson ?? 5- DM states that J Chandrihan has signed. Joe states in the paper that he hasnt untilhe is paid! You couldnt write it! It should only go in the press/website when they have actually signed the form. JUST TELL US THE TRUTH MUDGEY I am told ( by player(s)) that pre- season has not been good, and that all the boys are worried about the squad. Its easy to see why ? Bully/Jack/Seeds all injured and wont play until around Oct at the earliest, Willo not played most of the season and still struggling with injury, Jake,Chenns,David Pierce and Tom Mc Neil all stayed only because they were under contract and none have signed extensions despite what we are told, Matt Mooney and 2 other youth team players from last season,Brown & Haule(34 & we were worried about Butler!)- journeymen nothing more and Jemel Johnson who scored in single figures last year in a tough Thatcham side. There were 14 at training the other night- how do you thin that down? Based on this has Dave Woosley actually signed? However the classic is that Dunlop & Scott havent been at training so where are they? Well I am hearing that Will has signed to stay at Burnham!! Tell us if this is correct as we emblazoned websites and non league press ( local and national)with the fact that we had signed when he hadnt- yet again!! By my definition that means we have 3 players injured long -med term, and 11 fit players counting Willo of which 4 are contract players two of whom hardly played any games last year in the league below due to age i guess,2 youth team players, Mooney, Johnson, Haule and Brown!! All this for a higher league ands Slough in two weeks! Then we have the stupid situation that the game is now at Windsor Boys when the club has money concerns and owes players money!! Brilliant! We will be told its because of the pitch restoration no doubt, but I was down there four weeks ago and nothing had been done! Have we paid the groundsman or is that somebody elses fault as well? Windsor Rebel might just be a happy man. Now we may get all the traitor type responses but before you do check it out. I want a chance to win next season as I have enjoyed getting there so I would like to see a decent side trying to stay there and I will give them a chance but my feeling is that this team would struggle beyond any doubt

Samaritan, i really must take issue with you here. The Slough game is taking place this saturday, not in 2 weeks time.

As for the rest of your post, you're probably bang on the money.

I reckon we had our day in the sun last may, i fear the weather is going to get quite gloomy over the coming months..........

merchant of doom!!

Joe Chandiram did his interview with the newspaper before the release that he was re-signing, and the interview went to press after the release that he was re-signing.

50tonne of top soil has gone onto the pitch and its been re-seeded and has to be left for 3 weeks. It's disappointing that the Slough game isnt at Stag Meadow - but you have to meet problems head on, it's been dealt with and there is a game on.

players come and go, it was inevitable with a Manager leaving and a new one coming in. Players will be concerned, Sunday morning players get concerned when good players leave..they'll get over it.

dont let players unpaid wages concern you. unfortunately there probably wont be a huge press release stating "monies paid" or annonymous letters to newspapers saying "ive had my money"....lets see where we are at come August on that front.

A new manager will big up anything and so he should. Let Dave Mudge worry about the squad. Whatever happens there will be 11 players on the pitch come 14th August representing WEFC and thats all that counts? If everyone believed everything they were told or read then no one would join (maybe thats been a problem hey?)

if you really are genuinely concerned have a chat with Geggy, Ian Dawson, Ian Lucas, Matt Stevens, have a look at the Supporters Club website, come along to one of the events and you'll see how positive things are at the moment.

U T R

Samaritan is spot on in everything he said! With only 14 players currently training and with other players that we were told had signed by the manager having not actually signed it all seems a bit of a shambles! With only 4 weeks to the start of the season it looks like we may be struggling to turn out a half decent 11! Adam Dickins appears on the website as being in the current squad but i understand he has left i may be wrong. And what happened to Gavin Smith theres been no mention of him anywhere but he's listed under past players on the website? Lets just hope that things pick up in the 4 weeks that are left!

I would love to agree with the current squad but word reaches my tired little ears that all is not well in the camp, and perhaps you could ask Peter why we have allowed Dave Mudge to say that players have signed when they havent! The reality is- 1-DM spoke to the current players and "the response was encouraging" Result- at least 9 left! 2-3/6 in the express- DM stated that he was in advanced negotiations with 4/5 players- who ? It can only be Scott/Johnson 3- 4/6 in the papers and website DM said that the club had beaten off 7 clubs and that BUCK had signed. Result- He signed for Thatcham! 4-DM states this week that R Parson, S Butler, B Wilson & A Fagan have left. Are we not counting R Wharton, G Smith, A Dickens, S Taylor, M Richardson ?? 5- DM states that J Chandrihan has signed. Joe states in the paper that he hasnt untilhe is paid! You couldnt write it! It should only go in the press/website when they have actually signed the form. JUST TELL US THE TRUTH MUDGEY I am told ( by player(s)) that pre- season has not been good, and that all the boys are worried about the squad. Its easy to see why ? Bully/Jack/Seeds all injured and wont play until around Oct at the earliest, Willo not played most of the season and still struggling with injury, Jake,Chenns,David Pierce and Tom Mc Neil all stayed only because they were under contract and none have signed extensions despite what we are told, Matt Mooney and 2 other youth team players from last season,Brown & Haule(34 & we were worried about Butler!)- journeymen nothing more and Jemel Johnson who scored in single figures last year in a tough Thatcham side. There were 14 at training the other night- how do you thin that down? Based on this has Dave Woosley actually signed? However the classic is that Dunlop & Scott havent been at training so where are they? Well I am hearing that Will has signed to stay at Burnham!! Tell us if this is correct as we emblazoned websites and non league press ( local and national)with the fact that we had signed when he hadnt- yet again!! By my definition that means we have 3 players injured long -med term, and 11 fit players counting Willo of which 4 are contract players two of whom hardly played any games last year in the league below due to age i guess,2 youth team players, Mooney, Johnson, Haule and Brown!! All this for a higher league ands Slough in two weeks! Then we have the stupid situation that the game is now at Windsor Boys when the club has money concerns and owes players money!! Brilliant! We will be told its because of the pitch restoration no doubt, but I was down there four weeks ago and nothing had been done! Have we paid the groundsman or is that somebody elses fault as well? Windsor Rebel might just be a happy man. Now we may get all the traitor type responses but before you do check it out. I want a chance to win next season as I have enjoyed getting there so I would like to see a decent side trying to stay there and I will give them a chance but my feeling is that this team would struggle beyond any doubt

OK Samaritan, lets get a few things straight.

1) Yes the response was encouraging when Dave spoke to the payers, but ultimately players will change their mind and will be replaced

2) Why must it only be Scott and Johnson. What do you base this on? There have been conversations with lots of players, past and new. Just because they haven't been detailed anywhere or even signed, doses't mean there haven't been conversations.

3) Yes, we did beat of numerous clubs to get Michael Buck to come to Windsor, but again players change their mind. All I will say about Buck is that if the details are true he will be lucky to play for quite a while due to injuring his ACL.

4) Yes, Ryan, Gavin and Marcus have left but not sure who you mean by S Taylor. Not a player at Windsor.

5) Joe had signed his form before that story went to press. Dave met with Joe on Tuesday 29th June when the payers were due to return to pre-season as Joe was going on holiday that evening. The press had spoken to Joe before the Tuesday when quite rightly he hadn't been paid and hadn't signed a form. On that Tuesday Joe was given the expected payment and signed his form.

6) There were not 14 at training the other night. Every session has seen between 20 and 30 payers attending first team training with a further 60-70 attending Youth / Capital league training. There are still more payers to come.

7) Work on the pitch has started late for many reasons. We have now had a large amount of soil added to the pitch and also had it drill seeded. With the watering system and some fast grow fertaliser to be added in the next week the pitch will be in great condition. Given the choice between playing pre-season games at Stag Meadow and having a crap pitch against playing them elsewhere and having a great pitch, I know what I would chose.

8) I can confirm that numerous players have signed that have not been announced and will not be announced until their forms are returned by the league so as to confirm the are WEFC players.

I could go on but I am getting board now.

Malc this is not a pop at you but if the 'club' put the infomation out there like you've just done then the rumours wouldnt have time to grow would they?

Anyone who bets on windsor staying up this season is going to be lucky to see their money again but the Dave Mudge era has to pick up the peices of how the club has been run in recent years and if you was a decent player with a few offers...would you risk it at Windsor this season?

Malc this is not a pop at you but if the 'club' put the infomation out there like you've just done then the rumours wouldnt have time to grow would they?

What do you mean 'the club'? Information in the press or on the website to date has come from 'the club' ie Dave, myself, Malcolm, etc., but things change and we certainly are not going down the route of replying to rumours. Do we really need to report how many players turn up to each training session? Do people not realise that we're in the middle of the holiday season and that players naturally go away [or would you prefer they do it during the season?].

Let's be brutally honest, there are certain individuals who are doing their damndest to upset, undermine and generally disrupt what the club is trying to do and it will effect certain things in the short term. Long-term people will hopefully see that we're trying to do the right thing and by that I mean right for the club, players & supporters.

One thing that would put a stop to all this crap is no pseudonyms on this forum, ie use your real name or don't use the site and that's something I'll ask Malcolm to look in to!

Chill out everybody. Most non league clubs have a big overhaul of players over pre-season. We've been spoilt over the last few seasons by having a settled squad, which is not the norm.

Remember after we got relegated.....we had to build a whole new squad. I think we only had 2 or 3 players from the previous season.

Rather then be all doom & gloom, why not wait until we've actually played a couple of games before making judgements. What is important is how we are looking on the 14th August and where we are in the table come 4.45pm on the 25th April 2011

There are going to be many twists and turns between now and the end of April. Jump on board the WEFC rollercoaster, its going to be an interesting ride!

It always amazes me how many people know exactly what is going on and what the truth is; and also how many versions of the truth there are!!!!

Bring on the new season, it is going to be a cornucopia of excitement with thrills and spills for all, and a few new grounds thrown in for good measure.

What do you mean 'the club'? Information in the press or on the website to date has come from 'the club' ie Dave, myself, Malcolm, etc., but things change and we certainly are not going down the route of replying to rumours. Do we really need to report how many players turn up to each training session?

No of course not but for instance Hovis asked why the game wasnt being played at the club a week or so ago and got no answer until now. I put 'the club' as i didnt want it to be a pop at the hard work malc does and i'm guessing can only put stuff on the site thats cleared by the powers that be.

Woody, not strictly true, I answered Hovis' question via an email thread between he, I and a few others last week. One thing to note among all this is the Slough friendly was set up and arranged by the previous manager, so harsh to blame Dave on the timing. Important thing is to have the pitch last for the duration of the season. Why risk it with friendlies when there is no need to. And it's not as if this is something completely new! We have often played opening friendlies at the Boys School! As Mrs Cat says, chill out everyone, can we concentrate on the many positive things that are happening at the club right now, because there are a hell of a lot of them.

Why not play the Slough friendly at Stag Meadow and make WEFC a bit of money on gate receipts and bar takings, surely that is the more logical option? I assume you

cant charge people to watch a game played on a schools pitch? Sounds like bad marketing to me.If you had done that you would

have a bit more money to pay off what you owe lasts seasons players. Common sense really.

Oh and P.S. I was walking my corgis across your pitch on Monday night and can confirm it is perfectly playable

Edited by Windsor Rebel

Why not play the Slough friendly at Stag Meadow and make WEFC a bit of money on gate receipts and bar takings, surely that is the more logical option? I assume you

cant charge people to watch a game played on a schools pitch? Sounds like bad marketing to me.If you had done that you would

have a bit more money to pay off what you owe lasts seasons players. Common sense really.

Oh and P.S. I was walking my corgis across your pitch on Monday night and can confirm it is perfectly playable

Well I hope your corgis didn't soil the pitch and if they did i hope you picked it up!! :350:

Secondly a good pitch allows good football to be played, when we have been allowed to play good football we have been entertaining and managed to get some good results. With the players left there is no reason we can't continue to play good football and do credit to ourselves in the Premier. this will bring in more fans and boost our income, probably more than a one off match with Slough that would probably bring in 200 at best.

Give it a month or so and all of last season's shenanigans will be forgotten and, fingers crossed, we will be doing alright in the Premier and there will be more positive posts on here

Windsor Rebel - why not try reading previous posts on the subject so you don't have to make assumptions?

The game is not at Stag Meadow because it's not ready yet - as long as it's ready for August 14th that's all that matters. Logic doesn't come into it, the date was set, I spoke to Gary about a possible later date which you didn't have available - at the end of the day it's just a pre-season runout for both sets of players!

We are hiring the facilities at the boys school and therefore have the right to recoup our costs, therefore, as the match arrangements say, it WILL cost spectators £3 to get in which we think is the right price to recoup our costs but reflects the fact that there are no facilities available although car-parking on-site is free as well. Should anyone need toilet or refreshment facilities then the leisure centre is a few yards away and might as well be used as it's yours and my council tax paying for it !

As for you walking your Corgis across the pitch I think you might have been on the wrong grass - ours is green and surrounded by fences unlike the stuff you seem to be on!

A friendly against slough is not exactly going to be a big money spinner is it, as has been said before, better to take care of the pitch, if we have a repeat of the last time the two sides met at stag meadow then we don't want the slough players falling over and spoiling the surface.

p.s we can kick ass as easily in a field as at stag meadow :smilewinkgrin: