Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current squad!

The Hovis Kid

Fair point Windsorian, a friendly against us is not exactly a big money spinner, but I am willing to bet that if it had been played at Stag Meadow the crowd, even for a friendly,

would have been bigger than some of the gates you are going to get in the league at home this season, what do you think? (Honest answer please!)

Maybe it would be better to ask for a donation,to be fair we havent charged other supporters when we have played at the boys school have we ?

In any case its quite easy is it not to watch without paying from the road ?

Interesting, so we are WEFC charging us then, not profiteering, surely?

We are hiring the facilities at the boys school and therefore have the right to recoup our costs, therefore, as the match arrangements say, it WILL cost spectators £3 to get in which we think is the right price to recoup our costs but reflects the fact that there are no facilities available although car-parking on-site is free as well. Should anyone need toilet or refreshment facilities then the leisure centre is a few yards away and might as well be used as it's yours and my council tax paying for it !

It just might cost you 60p to use the WLC toilet.

My son swims / trains on a Sunday evening (so I am there for a couple of hours at a time) and for several of the last few weeks hundreds of Indians / British Asians (or whatever is the correct form of address) have shuffled into the WLC during the evening to use the facilities - I think they have a regular BBQ down by the river.

It was getting ridiculous because the actual customers of the Centre couldn't get to the loos so they started charging for the use. (Not that that stopped them from coming in.)

Fair point Windsorian, a friendly against us is not exactly a big money spinner, but I am willing to bet that if it had been played at Stag Meadow the crowd, even for a friendly,

would have been bigger than some of the gates you are going to get in the league at home this season, what do you think? (Honest answer please!)

To be perfectly honest i reckon if the game was played at Stag Meadow (considering how early it is, people on hols, general apathy to the first few friendlies, size of crowds we got in the league) I would say 150-200 absolute max. as for our average gate next season, considering teh amount of work going on at the club and teh fact we got promoted and more away fans I would say close to 200, and with a little bit of success maybe more. So not a massive loss (although every little helps, don't get me wrong). I would prefer a nice pitch and the benefits that brings compared to a game that would bring in a few hundred pounds.

You Slough fans may laugh but considering our fan base that isn't bad, be like Slough averaging 350 i suppose.

We shall see, only time will tell, but how is the pitch at Beaconsfield looking and any news on your new ground?

To be perfectly honest i reckon if the game was played at Stag Meadow (considering how early it is, people on hols, general apathy to the first few friendlies, size of crowds we got in the league) I would say 150-200 absolute max. as for our average gate next season, considering teh amount of work going on at the club and teh fact we got promoted and more away fans I would say close to 200, and with a little bit of success maybe more. So not a massive loss (although every little helps, don't get me wrong). I would prefer a nice pitch and the benefits that brings compared to a game that would bring in a few hundred pounds.

You Slough fans may laugh but considering our fan base that isn't bad, be like Slough averaging 350 i suppose.

We shall see, only time will tell, but how is the pitch at Beaconsfield looking and any news on your new ground?

Not seen the Beaconsfield pitch yet Fuzzy, but heard it is looking good. New ground is still ongoing. Good luck for the season (but not on Saturday)

Maybe it would be better to ask for a donation,to be fair we havent charged other supporters when we have played at the boys school have we ?

How about Windsorian & Windsor Rebel paying for the use of the facilities, the insurance, the car-parking attendants [required under the insurance policy] and the match officials and we'll let everyone in free of charge then ?

If anyone wishes to watch the game from the road can I suggest the outside lane of the Relief Road !

At WBS i would hazzard a guess at 40-50, if it had been at stag meadow i cant honestly see for a friendly it would be much more than 120. Just feel on the whole it is wrong to charge too much for what are basically training sessions and coupled with the fact that there are no facilities at the school, not even the use of a toilet.in principle £3 is wrong. I don't do friendlies anyway,waiting for the real matches to get underway.

Edited by windsorian

How about Windsorian & Windsor Rebel paying for the use of the facilities, the insurance, the car-parking attendants [required under the insurance policy] and the match officials and we'll let everyone in free of charge then ?

If anyone wishes to watch the game from the road can I suggest the outside lane of the Relief Road !

Send me a quotation Windsor Sec and I will send you a list of good hotels in Truro with the best beds for sleeping in during a pitch inspection

Windsor Sec think your reaction is a bit poor, theres absolutely no need to get arsey. Its hardly the sort of attitude to get people involved with the club when people are asking legitimate questions. The amount being asked for is nothing and i would gladly pay for the whole costs if asked, the point being is that friendlies have been played there before have they not, wealdstone, holport,just two off the top of my head. Unless you can provide toilets and basic refreshment even if it was tea and drinks on a table, then to expect people to pay anything to watch the match is out of order. A donation yes but not admission.

Perhaps a civil answer next time yes.

Windsor Sec think your reaction is a bit poor, theres absolutely no need to get arsey. Its hardly the sort of attitude to get people involved with the club when people are asking legitimate questions. The amount being asked for is nothing and i would gladly pay for the whole costs if asked, the point being is that friendlies have been played there before have they not, wealdstone, holport,just two off the top of my head. Unless you can provide toilets and basic refreshment even if it was tea and drinks on a table, then to expect people to pay anything to watch the match is out of order. A donation yes but not admission.

Perhaps a civil answer next time yes.

Don't forget Windsorian, Peter's feeling the pinch and there are some promises to be kept. ;)