Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Don't expect any fixtures to be released on Friday

Taken from the grays forum tonight

Just to all let you all know tomorrow is a meeting not a further appeal, we have agreed to sit around a table with all parties and try and resolve things, we might not have a decision for a few days so we will update you fully whenever we have news.

We are all in good spirits and go into the meeting positive and we appreciate all the support you true fans are giving us as we know it's difficult for everyone.

Thank You

Joel

From an ESL perspective this needs resolving sharpish as our season is due to start on 07-Aug-2010. I know the Ryman is a week or two after that.

Be a bit harsh on ESL teams if there first competitive fixture was a F.A. Cup game

Not that this will make any difference to the powers that be

There is a train of thought that suggests that as this is just a meeting,no decision can be reversed and grays do not have a right to appeal anyway.Apparantly from what I hear the meeting could be just to confirm grays' fate albeit in a civilised manner

Well not sure who that is then as Hutton used the ground last year and they have had or are going to have a friendly with Hutton this season as well. This was all part of the groundshare agreement.

I heard they were smartening up the outside pitch so if Grays did play there Hutton could use that and either Grays or ETU the main pitch.

Well not sure who that is then as Hutton used the ground last year and they have had or are going to have a friendly with Hutton this season as well. This was all part of the groundshare agreement.

I heard they were smartening up the outside pitch so if Grays did play there Hutton could use that and either Grays or ETU the main pitch.

I think supporters of any club would expect the people running their club to do everything possible to keep their club playing at the level they should be playing.

It doesn't say much for fans of other clubs who would be quite happy to see Grays Athletic go down the pan so they can get their fixtures, when they don't even know who caused this almighty [****!!****] up in the first place.

If Grays have been telling the truth then they deserve to be playing Rymans league football next season, and if they haven't they have only themselves to blame for whatever their fate may be.

Edited by officialspokesman

Brilliant speech that alan,of course it wouldn't change one bit if it was Hornchurch in grays position,would it alan???

Glad you enjoyed my little contribution to this rather interesting debate. Had it been Hornchurch in a similar situation to Grays my position would be exactly the same as yours, if it had been Romford.

Seems you would like to see the odd club go to the wall judging by this comment on your "closed for outsiders forum" alan!!!!

alan fenn wrote:On 9th Jul 10 at 08:32:09 AM

Perhaps the Rymans League believe, (like me), that there's to many clubs, that are almost all struggling financially, and by restricting ground-share arrangements a natural culling will take place.

In my opinion its better to have one "super club" per town or borough than two or three clubs who's only realistic ambition is survival.

official spokesmam- 'I think supporters of any club would expect the people running their club to do everything possible to keep their club playing at the level they should be playing.'

maybe next time you can remember to put in a application form for the league you wish to play in thanks,

Seems you would like to see the odd club go to the wall judging by this comment on your "closed for outsiders forum" alan!!!!

alan fenn wrote:On 9th Jul 10 at 08:32:09 AM

Perhaps the Rymans League believe, (like me), that there's to many clubs, that are almost all struggling financially, and by restricting ground-share arrangements a natural culling will take place.

In my opinion its better to have one "super club" per town or borough than two or three clubs who's only realistic ambition is survival.

Bob Burgess, AKA Buzzardboy has always known my views on this subject.

It will be interesting to see how many clubs go to the wall next season in this new age of austerity when going to a football match could be seen as a disposable luxury. In my opinion it would be preferable at least for future generations of supporters, with no tribal loyalties, if two struggling clubs combined their assets while they still have any, to form a "superclub" with decent facilities and aspirations to do more than just survive.

It's not alan fenn ex barkingside it's alan fenn of grenfell avenue Hornchurch as he likes to point out whenever he writes into the Romford recorder slagging us and our ground off,which is laughable in itself seeing as we actually have a home ground without sharing with another club

It's not alan fenn ex barkingside it's alan fenn of grenfell avenue Hornchurch as he likes to point out whenever he writes into the Romford recorder slagging us and our ground off,which is laughable in itself seeing as we actually have a home ground without sharing with another club

Do you no longer share with Havering & Mayesbrook Athletic Club any more then. If not I must send a note to your London Borough of Havering landlords so that they can bring their records up to date!