Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chennels to Brentford?

BFR

Just seen that myself & as Brentford are my league team thought id come on & ask the question. Putting aside all bias 's, do you think Chennels can do the business in league one? Dont know how he performed last night (20 mins aint that long!) but im fully aware of his ability at level 4 but its quite a step up. Does he do a proper job as well as football? Id imagine that part time with a job then turning full time pro will be quite a culture shock.. im sure if he signs then Brentford will line your coffers well but youll miss him in the premier division.

Lets hope there is some truth in it and Chenns gets his chance. Theres only one way to find out if he'll be good enough and thats by someone giving him a chance....its a no brainer for me for someone at league 2 or league 1 level. Our £1.5 million asking fee is peanuts compared to some extortianate fees flying around!!

Come on the bees give Chenns a crack at it.

Just seen that myself & as Brentford are my league team thought id come on & ask the question. Putting aside all bias 's, do you think Chennels can do the business in league one? .

In my opinion, no.

I'd love it if he could / does but no, he isn't good enough for League 1 football.

As I said in another thread I believe that a half-decent League 1 striker would have easily bagged 50+ in that team last season.

Conference football at best for the moment. League 1 is a mile away.

Edited by Rother

Rother, I disagree, Chenns has all of the raw ingredients, it's easy to forget at our level he plays Saturday's and Tuesday's and trains once a week for a couple of hours on a Thursday evening. If you add 5 days a week full time training/coaching, Chenns very much has the ability to deliver at division 1 level, in my opinion. I've seen lots of strikers at this level, a number of whom score goals for fun, but you know they wouldn't go any further, Chenns has huge amounts of potential, his all round game is so strong. Woody makes a very sound point Gavin Tomlin has gone on to have a reasonable professional football career, when he was with us in 2005/06 he was an average striker at our level. Chenns is younger and with far, far greater potential.

I would just like to wish him all the best, his commitment and loyalty to Windsor over the last four seasons deserves a crack at league football. By all accounts he impressed so much in training on Thursday/Friday they decided to put him in the first team squad last night rather than the planned reserve team fixture today. He has given his all for Windsor and he deserves this opportunity, I really hope this week goes well for him and they offer him a contract and we can benefit from a nice fee, sell on clause, and friendlies, and if it doesn't work, we'll welcome another 30 goal season!

This last few years Brentford have built a reputation for finding Non league players who, on the whole, comfortably gel into the team & league football as a whole. I rate our curent manager rather highly & if Chennels signs for us then im sure he'll do himself proud. If he can knock in 20 goals a season for us he'll become a cult hero! Lloyd Owusu was our last 20 goal striker & that was some time ago now!! If it all goes tits up then im sure WEFC might be tempted to have him back???

It's a game of opinions...

Good luck to him and I'd love to be proved wrong.

20100730-213821-0076.jpg

Fagan, who hardly gave Chennells a kick last week, is the one player from last season who I think might have the class to step up to League 2.

Edited by Rother

i am surprised it has taken a team this long to give him a trial. his overall game is good, his goalscoring is strong and fitness high. I probably am biased but as Gegg said we have seen a lot players over the years and the really good ones stand out, and in my opinion he did.

I guess only time will tell, but I hope he makes it at Brentford and goes on to better things.

• 2 weeks later...