Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Opening Day

So the first round of matches are over and people are starting to find out where their team is compared to everyone else. Looking at the results there was one or two big shocks across both divisions. Until around 10 games in you can't take the league table seriously but it's always good to get off to a good start. Big mention to Mole Valley who seem to have settled into the premier league just fine. Molesey beating Camberley, Mole Valley winning easily, Cove scoring 7 and Hayes Gate stand out for me. Also a Warlingham win over Hartley Wintney. I don't know much about the premier so i'm not sure if any other results are all that special .

As for Cobham I don't know if others who were there will agree but was a very interesting game. We wern't at our best and could have easily had our throats cut with the score 1-1. Jurg pulled off two fine saves. We had big chances but failed to take them and made it very hard for ourselves. Took the lead early. Got to half time with no fuss and then second half there was a spell in which Feltham looked like they would score and in they end did. We got the winning goal about 20minutes from time from a set piece that got flicked into the roof of the net. If i'm honest Feltham looked like a very hard working side who were very organised but can they play like that every week? Our ball players had no space to create anything.

Premier Division

Ash United 1-0 Hanworth Villa

Banstead Athletic 1-1 Horley Town

Bookham 0-2 Croydon F.C.

Chertsey Town 3-1 Badshot Lea

Egham Town 1-4 Mole Valley SCR

Molesey 3-0 Camberley Town

Raynes Park Vale 0-7 Cove

Sandhurst Town 3-1 Epsom & Ewell

Wembley 0-1 Chessington & Hook

Division 1

Bedfont Sports 1-1 Worcester Park