Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div 1 S&W 2010/11

Rother

I find myself looking to this league's results with more interest than the Premier League.

An interesting start to the season - AFC Totton 2 points after 3 games, Bridgwater 1 point after 3 games and 4-0 down at Frome after 10 minutes today!!

Yes, very interesting start to the season. I think it will be much more open than last season. As I stated before the season started, I don't expect us to hit the heights of last year.

I did not go yesterday (still cricket season) but apparently another shoud have been. We will see, broken arm for the keeper wont help either.

my picks are Frome & Gosport. They certainly should be there abouts, the money they have spent. Rumour had it that the budget will end before the season does, and we know where that gets you, don't we.

A Championship trophy?

LOL, I knew you would put that !!

but you know what I am getting at.

great result saturday, i actually put Leamington in my bet as i thought if you can lose 4 - 0 to Cirencester, either they have improved massively or you have gone down the pan !! thought the latter more likely, so thought even money a decent price:doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Totton have started to put a string of results together, thanks largely (maybe?) to Gosney's penalties... :grin:

My end of season fancies were Sholing (VTFC) as they gave us a good game at the end of last season with a bunch of kids playing and their leading scorer playing centre half and they will be top if they win their games in hand.

Totton (about to move into their new ground I believe) have the hapless / potless Bridgwater today so expect a hatful there to send them on their way.

(Edit: I see Sholing beat Totton away in the FA Cup.)

Edited by Rother

Not at the game against Bridgewater as away on cricket tour but was at the Sholing FA cup match. We were poor, so were they. I don't fancy them to be too near the top. Gosport not firing as i expected, but Frome were a decent strong side, we got away with that one a bit.

Happy so far, although we do need a keeper, we have made a right horlicks of that situation so far. When we play it on the ground, we look good, but we also have spells when we look very bad. Gosney not really been firing 100% , but still got that lethal left peg.

My latest prediaction is play off place. if thats the case, hopefully 5th !!!!!!

Making predictions this early in the season, dangerous game to play!!!!!

I would very much doubt if you will see two teams run away with the league like last year, one good run in the middle of the season could be the difference come the end of the season. Lots of teams capable of beating each other, unfortunately everyone will want to beat Totton as they were the other "SuperTeam" from last year.

Good luck SW, just wonder who will get that cursed 2nd spot this year.................

Abingdon were top last week, but have lost their last 2 games at Thatcham and Totton 4-0 and 7-0 respectively. They are still 3rd in the table but only the bottom team Bridgwater have conceded more goals than them.

Gosney has scored 5 penalties in Totton's last 4 games.

VTFC / Sholing already facing another fixture pile up having played just 5 games compared to the 8 fixtures of the 3 teams above them in the table.

(Well, I find it interesting anyway...!!)

So do I,

I was getting a little frustrated that this forum is becoming as quiet as ours, but the last two threads posted today may bring some out of the woodwork i suspect !

Abingdon were very poor,very very poor. I predicted a big win as they had not played anyone anywhere near the top half so are in a false postion IMO.

Both Gos penalties were blantant fouls although the second one outside the box I am told from those in line.

Not a sign of us overrunning everyone although we were superb and it could have been twelve. Stefan brown (in from Thatcham) is begining to look very good and we have signed another keeper from chemlsford via maidenhead or somewhere not near here ! so thats promising as i am still not sure about the one we have.

sholing are now out of the FA cup so they may catch up a bit but if they take the red insure cup seriously again, they wiull probably be in the same boat as last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry, couldn't resist it :smilewinkgrin:

Totton hold nerve to claim title

5:08pm Monday 25th April 2011

<BR clear=all>AFC Totton secured the Zamaretto Division One South & West title with a 1-0 victory at Gosport Borough this afternoon.

Stuart Ritchie's team had fluffed the chance to secure promotion in front of their Testwood Stadium supporters when they lost 2-1 to Mangotsfield on Saturday.

However, Jonathan Davies' first-half goal secured the silverware and ended the title hopes of Dave Diaper's Sholing.

The Boatmen duly won their final game of the season, Mike Carter's first-half strike and second-half goals from Ryan Ashford and Nick Watts cancelling out Lee Chudy's first minute opener for the hosts.

For full match reports and reaction, don't miss tomorrow's Daily Echo.