Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where are they now?

First of all congratulations to Andy and the boys on a first class performance and an excellent reult to erase memories of last year's visit to Cherrywood Road.

I also understand that Tostao Kwashi and Scott Goodwin have left the club.

I hope all of the anonymous uber critics who have been posting lately will give credit where it is due for today's performance and will have the bottle to reveal themselves and put up or shut up at the Forum on Thursday.

We ain't going down.......................

Agree with you wholeheartedly Chas...........

What's the scoop with Tostao and Goodwin then ?

I saw Tostao walk past the bar at half time on Saturday whilst I was having a pint, very smartly dressed, although I thought he was on the bench ??...something didn't ring right then !!

Cheers,

birthday.gif birthday.gif

Good on you Chas .

Apologies for absence , both today and on the forum over the last few weeks when the topics have been of little interest .

Andy and Brian got us into this Conference lark and deserve more than the stick they've received lately .

The worst that could happen is we get a place in Conference Div 2 ,amongst fellow part time clubs .

firstly: phhewwwww!!

secondly, what the hell's going on?? its nice to see we've bounced back today on the pitch, while off it -2 more players gone??

a manager's report is needed more than ever i feel, just to explain his intentions. there's no wonder people have been calling for his head when none of us really know what's going on at the club. it would be nice if he came out and said confidentally what the situation is, and what the plan of action is for the future. are we reducing wages again to make way for a better striker?? without an explanation soon, more frustration is bound to set in.

So Tos has left the club (or been released),Goodwin released or etc.etc !

What the bloody hell is going on!sign a guy one week then he goes the next,it's no wonder fans are so p------ off and confused,my biggest regret is not being able to attend the meeting this week,the lack of info coming out of the club is pretty poor.

I have become a trust member and I did intend to start making regular payments ,but i'm holding back for now,I really feel for the Trust organisers as they are doing a sterling job.

I have supported the club for 40 years,and i'm not about to desert them now,I attended the first two matches, and there were a number of people who have been supporters for almost as long as I have talking about finding another club to support,that would be unthinkable to me,but it's a worry to hear it being considered.

On a more upbeat note it's great that we finally got a win and some points,very well done.

Have things really got that bad so soon?? Was it so long ago we were playing Croydon in the league on a wet Tuesday night in front of 250 people? Do we want to go back there? It's only 5 games in, for gawd's sake! If we're bottom with 10 points after 20 games then, OK, goodnight Vienna but, come on, to write us off already, jeez...There may well be more personnel changes on or off the pitch to come, who knows, but one thing's for sure, we're not gonna lay down and die or go out without a fight. Funnily, I thought that's what supporters were all about....

Lets all not get carried away over one result.

I like alot of people were expecting us to win today for some reason.

Todays game doesnt cover any of the cracks from the previous four games.

Lets see what everyone is saying after the Chester, when we could be bottom again.

Tostao Kwashi and Scott Goodwin are not the standard of player we need at Gravesend.

Good to see Margate down the bottom.

I'm not moaning, just saying dont all get carried away cause we have won one game out of five, dont forgot the other four performances

Dear CC

Get along to the forum on Thursday night and you can have all the explanations you want.

Anybody who doesn't go and then keeps on about lack of information coming out of the club only has themselves to blame.

Or will the anonymous critics be conspicuous by their absence, or fail to have the balls to put their criticisms to Andy in person without being able to hide behind a pseudenym? To use modern terrace terminology - "Who are ya?"

The frustrating thing is, if we had played badly for the whole of our first 4 games, then we could rightly be filled with doom & gloom. However, the 1st half v Burton, 2nd half v Woking, 1st half v Telford, were all realy good team performances that could win games. The opposite halves, on the other hand, could see us struggle in the N. Kent Sunday league. We've got the talent, no doubt, but we seem to lacking consistency. There must be a reason for it and the sooner it's sorted, the sooner we can get our season under way.

well yes i had forgotten about the imminent 'forum'. shame i can't be there, but i trust the jist of it will appear on the website in due course. i'm sure it will be 'lively' anyway.

i have full faith in the team and manager, i'm not a critic, but without information I guess people can be forgiven for getting a bit impatient. hopefully this result, the forum, and our victory against chester on saturday will shut em up.

I had to work today.... like I have to work on Thursday, so I will not be at the forum. That doesn't make me any less of a supporter than those who are lucky enough to attend. I am also not a great fan of debates where the person concerned already knows what the questions are beforehand, but that is merely my own personal opinion.

I am getting a little bit cheesed off with people being rubbished for giving an opinion that doesn't fit in with the "everything in the garden is rosey," camp. I listened to Charles bullitins on the radio on my way home from work. The first half didn't sound as great as its being painted now. Basically it seemed to me that BOTH teams were crap.

There IS a problem at the club. I am concerned at what the problem might be, as are others, let them have their say, even if its not agreeable.

It doesn't stop me being a supporter though, my mood on Satuday afternoon after watching a performance that can best be described as lucklustre tends to prove this point.... ask my daughter if you don't believe me! Anyway, I was under the impression that this forum was a place for OPEN debate about the club.

With all due respect, Andy, I think everbody realises we have a problem at the moment, it's just how deep that problem goes that is the bone of contention. I don't think anyone is being 'censored' either (if that's the right word). I've attended business forums that have taken on the same proposed format as our one on Thursday. However, they all invariably become Q & A sessions in the end, it's so damn hard to prevent it so I suspect a few questions from the floor will have to be accepted and answered. It must not be allowed to turn into a rowdy free-for-all, though, which is probably why the pre-determined question format was introduced in the first place.