Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ed Milibrand

Did any members happen to see Ed Milibrand's laughable and hypocritical speech at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester yesterday, if not here's your chance, bring back Tony Blair, Gordon Brown or even Michael Foot, all is forgiven:

http://edmiliband.org/

Did any members happen to see Ed Milibrand's laughable and hypocritical speech at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester yesterday, if not here's your chance, bring back Tony Blair, Gordon Brown or even Michael Foot, all is forgiven:

Could this be a first? Rhodes starting a thread on a serious subject that it may be possible to have a grown up debate about.

I for one didn't see anything laughable or hypocritical in the speech, although I accept it wasn't the greatest piece of oratory ever heard. Fortunately, or unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, over the next few months Ed, like all prominent politicians will have sincerity lessons, speaking lessons, focus groups will tell him what to say and think, fashion consultants will tell him what to wear, and a politically correct NHS dentist will whiten his teeth, and then at last we will have the finished article that will I hope rid us of what I fear will be the nastiest, most vicious right wing government this country has ever seen.

It might not be perfect but thanks to celebrity and image obsessed people like Rhodes, and working class people that believe what they read in the populist right wing press that's whats needed now to get politicians and parties elected,

Could this be a first? Rhodes starting a thread on a serious subject that it may be possible to have a grown up debate about.

Somehow I doubt it.

Not sure how hypocritical it is since Ed Milliband the Younger wasn't even an MP when Blair took us to war. No doubt someone (yes - you Rhodes) will set me straight.

vicious,right wing.Do me a favour fenny,think you may be going a bit over the top on that one

You may well be right on that one Rob, I forgot to say vindictive and nasty, so thanks for reminding me.

Whats this with the name change?, in my experience when something needs re branding its because there's something really wrong with the old product, which in your case could well be true.

bring back Tony Blair, Gordon Brown or even Michael Foot, all is forgiven:

Apologies folks, I forgot to include Neil Kinnock in the above. What sort of man stabs his own brother in the back and can't even be arsed to put his name on his childs birth certificate!

What sort of man stabs his own brother in the back and can't even be arsed to put his name on his childs birth certificate!

Sort of bloke who won't marry the mother of his children. What a cad!

cheesy%20(2).gifcheesy%20(2).gifcheesy%20(2).gifcheesy%20(2).gif

bring back Tony Blair, Gordon Brown or even Michael Foot, all is forgiven:

Apologies folks, I forgot to include Neil Kinnock in the above. What sort of man stabs his own brother in the back and can't even be arsed to put his name on his childs birth certificate!

You also forgot to mention Thatcher, who did more damage to Britain than the luftwaffe ever could, and John Major whose big idea was going back to basics and who history will remember mainly for his heroic bedding of the fragrant, Edwina Currie which was probably his most notable achievement..

Neil Kinnock may not have been perfect but would have done a far better job than those two.

Fair play to Miliband for coming out as a Atheist, we of course dont allow Catholics to be Head of State shouldnt we be looking at a new ruling forebidding anyone with a religious belief becoming Prime Minister.

At present in this feudal country of ours the head of state is the alpha member of the unelected, parasitical royal family, and not the prime minister.

I personally would have to think really hard before voting for anyone that confesses to believing in fairy tales, but also have to accept that in the real world its probably more honourable to tell a few little white lies to put yourself in a position of influence, rather than to be an honest broker and never achieve what you may aspire too for the common good of ordinary working class people.

Edited by officialspokesman

Fair play to Miliband for coming out as a Atheist, we of course dont allow Catholics to be Head of State shouldnt we be looking at a new ruling forebidding anyone with a religious belief becoming Prime Minister.

Haha Richard - good one, top rate!

Love the way these atheists have to push their non beliefs onto other people.

dance%20(2).gif

dance%20(2).gif

I would have thought that non believers are by far the silent majority in this country, and the religious groups of all faiths spend much more time promoting there views than atheists ever do, and in many instances are even prepared to kill fellow human beings in the name of their own particular god

Despite all her faults, I prefer to believe in Mother Nature.

dance%20(2).gif

I would have thought that non believers are by far the silent majority in this country, and the religious groups of all faiths spend much more time promoting there views than atheists ever do, and in many instances are even prepared to kill fellow human beings in the name of their own particular god

You also forgot to mention Thatcher,

Officialspokesman - Incase you hadn't noticed the four former party leaders I mentioned, namely Blair, Brown, Foot and Kinnock, were all Labour and we can now add Ed Milibrand to that quartet, he could well be the worst of the lot if that's possible

Sorry the burden of proof is not with Atheists-its not for me to prove that there wasnt a virgin birth, or the Red Sea wasnt parted. I genuinely believe that anyone who holds any kind of religious beliefs is mentally ill.

Having a religious conviction gives many people a great deal of comfort so we shouldn't condemn or belittle them just for their beliefs. Unfortunately, far to many people who hold these beliefs are not as tolerant towards those of us that don't, and that's why religion has caused so much misery and so many wars.

You also forgot to mention Thatcher,

Officialspokesman - Incase you hadn't noticed the four former party leaders I mentioned, namely Blair, Brown, Foot and Kinnock, were all Labour and we can now add Ed Milibrand to that quartet, he could well be the worst of the lot if that's possible

As Blair is more right wing, and has even more blood on his hands than Thatcher, to say that Ed Milliband could be worse shows a delusional understanding of the political system.

A religious conviction is a comfort to the feeble minded in the same way that a bottle of whiskey is succour to a alcoholic. Yes Loose it annoys me greatly that in the 21st century we have faith schools,a Christian,Jew or Muslim who wishes to fill a young childs mind full of their filthy lies should be considered as suitable to teach as a convicted paedophille.

You mustn't let it upset you so much Richard, there there.