Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ed Milibrand

You wouldnt have if it hadnt been for a bit of a blip and 2 kids arriving in the nineties!!

Enjoy it anyway, you lucky sod :P

Had exactly the same plan as you, just got lucky. (Didn't have the kids lol)

My figures were based on retiring at 55 and living 30yrs on 40k a year.............only 6yrs to go!!

A 3% return seems a bit low, but taking into account property maintenance, insurance, letting agent fees and income tax its about right. Must be worrying if property prices continue to go down, although however much they decrease there's still equity left when you pop your clogs, unlike a pension fund that dies with you.

Not sure what it is but there is something I dont like about Ed. Personally, I think his brother is the better politician.

I'm no Labour fan, but I would have had a bit more respect for them had David Miliband got the top job.

Ed is the choice of the Unions and Common Purpose, the traditional voters wanted either David Miliband or Ed Balls.

Still, it could have been worse - Harriet Harman could have been their leader!

I'm no Labour fan, but I would have had a bit more respect for them had David Miliband got the top job.

Ed is the choice of the Unions and Common Purpose, the traditional voters wanted either David Miliband or Ed Balls.

Still, it could have been worse - Harriet Harman could have been their leader!

Considering your no fan of Labour I don't suppose they will worry too unduly who you would prefer as leader.

The unions all hold a ballot for their members to decide their choice of leader, LP members all have a vote, as do the MPs. Everything was done honestly in accordance with Labour Party rules that was agreed by members and all affiliated organizations. Whether you approve or not, that is how democracy works. OMHO Harriet Harman would make a far better PM than the current incumbent, although to be fair that would not be difficult.

At the end of the day its policies that should be the benchmark for measuring a parties suitability for government, and so far Ed seems to be doing a pretty good job to me.

Edited by missunderstood

A 3% return seems a bit low, but taking into account property maintenance, insurance, letting agent fees and income tax its about right. Must be worrying if property prices continue to go down, although however much they decrease there's still equity left when you pop your clogs, unlike a pension fund that dies with you.

I wont be relying on property prices and ive never used a letting agent..................

Had to use one once, but they were decent enough and didn't have any problems with them.

I agree though, there are a few leeches who would suck your wallet dry.

I see that beleaguered Ed Miliband avoided the question like the plague following his Labour Party Conference speech when asked repeatedly in an interview whether he was a millionaire. You might well have mistook him for Michael Howard when , shortly after attacking David Cameron for being rich, he was asked what he himself was worth. shuffling awkwardly in his seat he stammered 'i'm not making an issue of David Cameron's background or what David Cameron is worth'.

If he's not loaded then I am Catherine Zeta-Jones.

They won't answer a straight question honestly, as they'd instantly be shown up as the vacuous leeches they are. Well, either that, or their puppet masters (Illuminati/Bilderbergs/DEMOS/CP etc.) would get uppity.

Both Ed and Dave are jockeying for position and trying to make themselves look good- it's the nature of politics. Notice how they are both talking about things such as an EU Referendum to try an appease people. They will do anything for power (either to gain or retain it) but once in office they will do diddly squat because even their hands will be tied by the EU/puppet-masters/bureaucrats/general incompetents and wastes of space.

I am sick of it always being Tories v Reds, Bullington & Bilderberg v Common Purpose & DEMOS, and I know that whichever one of them gets in next time we are going to be in even more of the brown and smelly. The Tories at least might finally get us on the road to financial stability, but I won't count my chickens. Definitely not Labour (sorry Alan!) as they will do what they did in the 70s and 90s/00s which is spend, spend, spend and leave us financially screwed again. Callaghan did it, Blair and Brown did it and Milliband/Balls/Harman/Jowell will as well if given the chance.

Don't forget who was in charge when the economy went down the s**tpipe!

If he's not loaded then I am Catherine Zeta-Jones.

They won't answer a straight question honestly, as they'd instantly be shown up as the vacuous leeches they are. Well, either that, or their puppet masters (Illuminati/Bilderbergs/DEMOS/CP etc.) would get uppity.

Both Ed and Dave are jockeying for position and trying to make themselves look good- it's the nature of politics. Notice how they are both talking about things such as an EU Referendum to try an appease people. They will do anything for power (either to gain or retain it) but once in office they will do diddly squat because even their hands will be tied by the EU/puppet-masters/bureaucrats/general incompetents and wastes of space.

I am sick of it always being Tories v Reds, Bullington & Bilderberg v Common Purpose & DEMOS, and I know that whichever one of them gets in next time we are going to be in even more of the brown and smelly. The Tories at least might finally get us on the road to financial stability, but I won't count my chickens. Definitely not Labour (sorry Alan!) as they will do what they did in the 70s and 90s/00s which is spend, spend, spend and leave us financially screwed again. Callaghan did it, Blair and Brown did it and Milliband/Balls/Harman/Jowell will as well if given the chance.

Don't forget who was in charge when the economy went down the s**tpipe!

Ex stockbroker (the people that gamble with someone else's money and was responsible for the economy going down the s**tpipe) Nigel Farage is richer than Ed Milliband. Nutty Nigel is not fit to run a bath IMO.

Ex stockbroker (the people that gamble with someone else's money and was responsible for the economy going down the s**tpipe) Nigel Farage is richer than Ed Milliband. Nutty Nigel is not fit to run a bath IMO.

Never mind, we've got Mike Read on side for us now ;)