Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ed Milibrand

• 4 weeks later...

So who saw Miliband's laughable display at Prime Minister's Questions earlier today. It was ridiculous that he should bring up the Guardian issue at the end after everything had been amicable at the Dispatch Box and Cameron had happily agreed to hold a full enquiry where if, in the unlikely event, his former Chief of Staff Andy Coulson is found guilty of lieing and misleading him then his head would roll.

So who saw Miliband's laughable display at Prime Minister's Questions earlier today. It was ridiculous that he should bring up the Guardian issue at the end after everything had been amicable at the Dispatch Box and Cameron had happily agreed to hold a full enquiry where if, in the unlikely event, his former Chief of Staff Andy Coulson is found guilty of lieing and misleading him then his head would roll.

Possibly a case of 'watch this space', Rhodesey !!

coffee%20(2).gif

• 2 months later...

So who saw Miliband make a complete and utter fool of himself at the Labour Party Conference in Liverpool this week, surely he has to go and let someone else take the beleaguered party forward

I thought that the image makers and PR people would have turned him into what the public perceive as a prototype political leader by now. The fact that they haven't and he remains the same Ed Milliband that was elected leader could prove advantages electorally although I doubt it. Still think Ed Milliband is a far better leader than Cameron and Clegg, but to be absolutely certain of ridding ourselves of this dreadful government Ed Balls would probably be the safer bet.

I thought that the image makers and PR people would have turned him into what the public perceive as a prototype political leader by now. The fact that they haven't and he remains the same Ed Milliband that was elected leader could prove advantages electorally although I doubt it. Still think Ed Milliband is a far better leader than Cameron and Clegg, but to be absolutely certain of ridding ourselves of this dreadful government Ed Balls would probably be the safer bet.

Ed Balls = odious backstabbing ar$e. So yes, a likely leader.

Horace - Well Yvette Cooper doesn't seem to think Ed Balls is odious

Isn't it funny how apparently normal women are attracted to odious ar$es?

Isn't it funny how apparently normal women are attracted to odious ar$es?

I know what you are saying Horace.

I still don't get how the leader makes that much of a difference? Surely you're voting for the parties policies? I vote for the party I do regardless of who is fronting it.

I still don't get how the leader makes that much of a difference? Surely you're voting for the parties policies? I vote for the party I do regardless of who is fronting it.

Its probably fair to say that the vast majority of the electorate are naive in their understanding of how politics work, and a large percentage of those that take the trouble to vote base their decision on prejudices and bigotry, greed, and selfishness, and the public profile of the party leader. Being caring, principled and hard working seem to be very low on the priorities of most people when it come to electing a government, and policies are all to often are only put into a manifesto if they have the approval of the gutter press. Unfortunately the media profile of the leader of any political party is now more important in our celebrity obsessed culture than the principles of the party they represent.

• 2 months later...

I see that, following a damning poll, four in five Labour voters think that Ed Miliband is not fit to lead the beleaguered Party and not doing a good enough job. Time appears to be running out for the laughable Miliband and it is believed he has just six months to improve confidence in his ability before he gets dumped giving a new and more charismatic Leader, possibly Ed Balls, two years to bed in before the next election, just 17% of voters say that he should be allowed to stay although that's a lot more than I expected.

I see that, following a damning poll, four in five Labour voters think that Ed Miliband is not fit to lead the beleaguered Party and not doing a good enough job. Time appears to be running out for the laughable Miliband and it is believed he has just six months to improve confidence in his ability before he gets dumped giving a new and more charismatic Leader, possibly Ed Balls, two years to bed in before the next election, just 17% of voters say that he should be allowed to stay although that's a lot more than I expected.

Hate to say it but I have to agree with you . Miliband seems to be saying what the pollsters and PR companies are telling him to say, which is all to often the total opposite of the views of people that the Labour Party are supposed to represent. The final straw for me was Milibands failure to back the striking public service workers without reservation.

Also agree with Rhodes! Milliband is yet another "unelectable" in a long line of them. It's a good job for him that Spitting Images isn't around any more! What fun they could have with that face.

Seriously, it shouldn't matter what someone looks like, but it does. Our Sun reading/ X factor watching electorate must have looks ahead of talent, so the man is doomed. Ed Balls' missus for me!

Also agree with Rhodes! Milliband is yet another "unelectable" in a long line of them. It's a good job for him that Spitting Images isn't around any more! What fun they could have with that face.

Seriously, it shouldn't matter what someone looks like, but it does. Our Sun reading/ X factor watching electorate must have looks ahead of talent, so the man is doomed. Ed Balls' missus for me!

Yep, image probably robbed this country of its greatest would be PM........ Michael Foot.

Without a doubt, the next general election will be very interesting.

By no means am I a political animal, but I do have a lot of local contacts.

Seems the Lib Dems will be dead in the water after selling out to the Tories, and if Labour can't get their house in order, who knows ?

If not, I can see a big swing of votes to UKIP, especially if Cameron keeps dithering over the European financial fiasco.

Edited by Big J R

Yep, image probably robbed this country of its greatest would be PM........ Michael Foot

To be honest I think Ed Miliband’s image makes Michael Foot’s look like David Beckham, James Dean and Johnny Depp put together

Without a doubt, the next general election will be very interesting.

By no means am I a political animal, but I do have a lot of local contacts.

Seems the Lib Dems will be dead in the water after selling out to the Tories, and if Labour can't get their house in order, who knows ?

If not, I can see a big swing of votes to UKIP, especially if Cameron keeps dithering over the European financial fiasco.

Agree with everything JR says. The big plus for Labour is that the Lib Dem's traditionally take more votes off the Tories, although the last election may have been an exception. UKIP tend to take votes off the off the Tories as they seem to attract right wing nutters and little Englanders. IMO the Greens have most to gain from the next election, as many Lib Dem's will be attracted to them, as will disillusioned Labour voters. Its also probable that many Lib Dem's will defect, and will be rewarded with safe seats by both major parties as a reward for their treachery.

Yep, image probably robbed this country of its greatest would be PM........ Michael Foot

To be honest I think Ed Miliband’s image makes Michael Foot’s look like David Beckham, James Dean and Johnny Depp put together

You mean that Michael Foot had 3 heads?

Have a look at the dictionary definition of "hyperbole" - it hardly does your idiot exaggerations justice.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone have the misfortune to read the article on Ed Miliband in the Daily Mirror last week. In it Miliband is described as, wait for it, 'a warm, witty, down to earth and thoroughly nice bloke who is clearly a besotted dad and devoted husband and away from the Dispatch Box and tv cameras he sounds genuinely passionate and confident about his alternative way forward for Britain'. It's a real fingers down the throat article where Miliband says 'the most difficult part of the job is missing out on time with the boys and the fact I can't do my fair share of the children', yeah right, this coming from someone who couldn't even take the time out to get his name put on his son's birth certificate as he was too busy.