Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last night's meeting

chels - WEFC

Indeed. The Sheikh in charge of the consortium said no expense will be spared in getting the team to the very top of the Windsor Darts League divsion4.

All home games will now be in Dubai with a specially chartered a380 airbus named (Tonnage of the skies) being used to transport the team.

For away games a luxury coach the same as used by QPR will be used for transportation!

On a serious note can I say it was heart warming to see so many people at the club last night prepared to put their hands into their own pockets to help save the football club.

Also we're very lucky to have someone like Dave Mudge involved with the club.

Edited by Mrs_Cat

The only stumbling block is that Neil will not relinquish food duties (home side has to provide food) however overnight I've heard the Jumeirah hotel kitchen staff will allow Neil in with his tesco value bread, sausages and chips, he'll fit right in. So, all systems go very exciting times!!

The only stumbling block is that Neil will not relinquish food duties (home side has to provide food) however overnight I've heard the Jumeirah hotel kitchen staff will allow Neil in with his tesco value bread, sausages and chips, he'll fit right in. So, all systems go very exciting times!!

As I also couldn't sit in on the meeting due to there being a match on and catching up on the washing from the night before, I have asked someone for a summarised update that will be posted either tonight or early tomorrow.

I read this in the Advertiser earlier, and as ever when I read things in the press, I wondered if that was the full story.

Of course, journalists will only listen to print what they believe will sell papers and not necessarily the full story or even the full truth. Indeed those who attended the meeting last night will know the full story, but I guess that isn't so important when it comes to newspapers. Sadly, the wooden spoon is usually more important to these people than all the right ingredients.

Notes were taken at the meeting but not for typing up and sending out I'm afraid. Too much detail to record it all and, given the factual information and chronological order of events dating back to the mid-90's, it would be a little unwise to try and recall everything said by Peter and every question asked. I was very impressed with both the turnout and the impassioned support for the Club. Well done to Dave Mudge, Chris Burke and Steve Gilham for ensuring the focus remained on Peter and Kevin to come together for the good of the club.

On the (Sir) Elton John question : the Club have written to him seeking his support for our floodlight appeal. It would be great if he donates, but he probably receives loads of similar requests already. However, let's remain positive. Before anyone else asks : Legoland have dedicated charities they support and do not entertain any requests for sponsorship, especially from sports clubs.

For those who attended the meeting or know about the Pledge proposal : remember you are pledging money to the Club provided HMRC withdraws its Winding Up Petition. You do not need to attach money when you hand in the Pledge form (at the Stourbridge match please), but be ready to give the m,oney if HMRC accepts a deal and withdraws the Petition. Trust that makes sense. Donations to the Club are, of course, most welcome from anyone at any time - but especially at the moment.

A massive turnout for the Stourbridge game on Saturday would be a great way to show support for Dave and Byron, the team and the club. So coerce your neighbours to come as well!

Now is the time for us to really pull together as fans. All too often people stand back and watch others step to the fore. If we do not ALL do what we can we may be watching the demise of a club we hold close to our hearts. I appreciate money is tight at the moment but we must all take responsibility starting on Saturday getting the HMRC off our back!

I understand why people don't want to go in to detail because of fear of getting the information wrong, but this argument about the public domain I don't think holds much water. It was an open meeting where anyone could go so all the information is public anyhow.

Hovis I'm not going to go in to massive details as DC5 said I can't recall everything but the salient point are:

The club currently owes the tax man a wad of cash (among other debts) and have been given until the 10th of November to make an interim payment of £10000 or they will issue a winding up order on the club.

Peter has called the meeting to ask for help from the supporters and community to meet this payment. There was a form where we could pledge money to the club (only payable on the agreement from HMRC of rescinding of the winding up order). This will then give the club 3 months to pay the outstanding balance owed of which the club has a plan (good or bad that's what people want to see).

What annoys me about the article by the advertiser (assuming that was the journalist there I will confess don't know which paper he was from) was that Peter specifically asked the press chap (I heard him ask) to put out an appeal to the community to help save their local football club to which the journalist agreed .. not a single mention of that in the article instead its just a gutter rag report on the gossip side of the story about what may or may not be the future. Ok an appeal may be in the paper but why not on the website too? If he was the journalist present (and I apologise if not) then its an abhorrent example of a paper leaching out of a community they are meant to serve instead of helping it.

One thing that I found a little frustrating at the meeting was some people saying can we arrange another meeting to discuss this? and they are not willing to put money in without assurance that the club will still be here next year. While I respect their opinion and thats fair enough everyone has differing motivations it did seem to somewhat miss the point. Peter was laying everything on the line he made transparent the clubs finances and was appealing for urgent help.

From what I understand I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if the club winds up we loose Stag meadow back to the crown as there is a clause in the lease saying this... thats the major asset gone. The other major asset the players get released from contract automatically to ply their trade elsewhere so thats gone. the upshot is:

The tax man gets practically nothing as there are very few assets left. There is no club for Kevin Stott to buy just a name and we loose our football club. Its all very well talking about plans and buyouts and assurances but without people helping in the next few days its pointless speaking about it. This problem needs to be addressed now not in another meeting or by committee vote or there is not future of the club.

I'm sure people will shoot me down for posting this but it appears few people seem to appreciate the urgency with which we need to act. It really is act now or we fold.

Sorry if thats blunt.

If you are down saturday hovis and interested I can take you through what else I remember.

I understand why people don't want to go in to detail because of fear of getting the information wrong, but this argument about the public domain I don't think holds much water. It was an open meeting where anyone could go so all the information is public anyhow.

Hovis I'm not going to go in to massive details as DC5 said I can't recall everything but the salient point are:

The club currently owes the tax man a wad of cash (among other debts) and have been given until the 10th of November to make an interim payment of £10000 or they will issue a winding up order on the club.

Peter has called the meeting to ask for help from the supporters and community to meet this payment. There was a form where we could pledge money to the club (only payable on the agreement from HMRC of rescinding of the winding up order). This will then give the club 3 months to pay the outstanding balance owed of which the club has a plan (good or bad that's what people want to see).

What annoys me about the article by the advertiser (assuming that was the journalist there I will confess don't know which paper he was from) was that Peter specifically asked the press chap (I heard him ask) to put out an appeal to the community to help save their local football club to which the journalist agreed .. not a single mention of that in the article instead its just a gutter rag report on the gossip side of the story about what may or may not be the future. Ok an appeal may be in the paper but why not on the website too? If he was the journalist present (and I apologise if not) then its an abhorrent example of a paper leaching out of a community they are meant to serve instead of helping it.

One thing that I found a little frustrating at the meeting was some people saying can we arrange another meeting to discuss this? and they are not willing to put money in without assurance that the club will still be here next year. While I respect their opinion and thats fair enough everyone has differing motivations it did seem to somewhat miss the point. Peter was laying everything on the line he made transparent the clubs finances and was appealing for urgent help.

From what I understand I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if the club winds up we loose Stag meadow back to the crown as there is a clause in the lease saying this... thats the major asset gone. The other major asset the players get released from contract automatically to ply their trade elsewhere so thats gone. the upshot is:

The tax man gets practically nothing as there are very few assets left. There is no club for Kevin Stott to buy just a name and we loose our football club. Its all very well talking about plans and buyouts and assurances but without people helping in the next few days its pointless speaking about it. This problem needs to be addressed now not in another meeting or by committee vote or there is not future of the club.

I'm sure people will shoot me down for posting this but it appears few people seem to appreciate the urgency with which we need to act. It really is act now or we fold.

Sorry if thats blunt.

If you are down saturday hovis and interested I can take you through what else I remember.

Not shooting you down Joel but correcting a few perceived mistakes.

The article in the Advertiser was from an interview given by Peter after the game last Saturday, pleading for help to reporters on the night the paper is being printed just isn't going to work is it and given the reporter there on the night was probably from another local paper why would they want to help when exclusive interviews on major matters are only being given to their main rivals - hardly a great PR exercise?

The lease from the Crown says they can cancel the lease in any sort of bankruptcy/insolvency issues not that they will cancel - I'm sure if the club had a willing buyer who would ensure the continuance of the club without any loss of rent to the Crown then negotiations would probably go in our favour - imagine the bad press they would receive in throwing out a club who has as their president the Chief Ranger of Crown Estates ie Prince Philip !

Whilst there is an urgency to resolve the issue it's certainly not an overnight thing and further meetings will need to be held to see how the club is to progress. The only way it can fold overnight is if Peter decides to file for bankruptcy/insolvency although that obviously would be a last resort I hope.

Another strange thing - how can you be plastered all over the local papers as being in financial strife yet in the same papers be committing yourself to the financial worry of two-year contacts for the management team - with all due respect to Dave & Byron in two months time we may not have a playing budget as all the money may have to be diverted to serving other debts yet it seems we can add to the creditors by adding two more peoples' wages for two years to that list of debts?