Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last night's meeting

chels - WEFC

To be fair to the press guy, he said he had spoken to Stott on Wednesday, and that something would be in yesterday's paper but more in Friday's edition, so I assume he will cover the meeting and plea for pledges etc. in that article.

Edited by Rother

Just think, we had 500+ fans at the VT game when we won the league. Assuming they were pretty much all Windsor fans if each of those pledged just £25 that would be £12.5k, if they pledged £50 we would have £25k.(working on just 500 of the 500+ fans there.

Very simplistic I know, but if enough people knew about this, ie we had a front page article in each local paper (or even back page) asking specifically for this help, our chances would be greatly increased.

Not a lot of money per person, and some would be able to offer more I am sure.

the crux is, it is our club and down to us to show the intitial action, who would invest in a club when the fans cant be bothered to get together and try to help to sort the probelem out.

I am in and would look to all Windsor fans to spare what they can and help save our club.

Quote from Joel

"The club currently owes the tax man a wad of cash (among other debts) and have been given until the 10th of November to make an interim payment of £10000 or they will issue a winding up order on the club.

Peter has called the meeting to ask for help from the supporters and community to meet this payment. There was a form where we could pledge money to the club (only payable on the agreement from HMRC of rescinding of the winding up order). This will then give the club 3 months to pay the outstanding balance owed of which the club has a plan (good or bad that's what people want to see)."

I was at the meeting and Joel is correct in reporting the tax issue above. At this moment in time I believe the supporters need to take the initiaitive and support the club in clearing this tax debt to what ever level we can (I realise some people havent any money!). However, the circumstances post 10th November will become very tricky if we fail. Can you imagine a Saturday without football at the Stag and having to go shopping or some other painful disgusting chore?!

I think Steve mentioned other debts that require resolution but these will have to be addressed in time and I am sure that the 'board' will deal with these post takeover.

I am hopeful that Peter and Kevin can find a way forward but I believe we as supporters must become more involved now.

One final point, think of the years of good times we have had at this club that could all be lost if we all fail..........

Exactly my reason for getting the debate going on the forum and not all the what is and isn't public domain stuff. Its all very well saying the crown "can" not "will" revoke the lease but to not consider that as a very realistic possibility because of the threat of "bad press" is planning to fail.. if they do then its all pretty final. Plan for the worst and anything above that is a bonus.

As I said I didn't actually know if it was a Journalist from the advertiser or not, but if it was my comment still stands why not put it on the website? Surely they have a duty to report the news... fine run the exclusive story a bonus for them but put out the appeal too. As for "Hardly good PR?" as it was stated "major matters", it is a local newspaper editors job to report news in the local community (IMO) and not to pick and choose which articles are run based on PR, social politics and personal agendas that is gutter journalism.

I'm not directing that specifically at any paper as I appreciate what you are saying about print times and time lines.. but I guess time will tell.

Yes you are right further meetings need to be held but that is for the future of the club, with 19 days left and Peter having to get the pledges together and submit them with a plan to HMRC that will take time so as far as I can see this is a matter that needs to be tacked urgently if people feel after digesting information they have questions to ask before they pledge then a meeting needs to be held early next week at the latest, so who's organising it? Seems like a lot of talking at the moment (although I apologise if things are going on behind the scenes that I don't know about). Without getting over this hurdle the club may not exist.

I am glad you replied as this is the debate I wanted to trigger (I apologise if I have been a bit strong worded at times as most of you know its not like me) but this situation does concern me, as Fuzzy says we need to be the ones to drive sorting this out and that starts with getting people talking. I accept my opinions might not be as every ones but I want to find out what people think is the best course of action?

The reasons for the contracts being issued Peter explained on the night so you probably understand why that might not be appropriate to talk about on here right or wrong its done and to be fair Dave and Byron have done a good job, if the club survives they deserve to be there with it.

Joel,

the PR bit I was talking about was from the club end not the papers - giving an exclusive to the paper that was doing most of the stirring in the close season with so-called anonymous letters and ignoring the other local paper was bad PR in my view as was choosing the night the papears go to press and then appealing for help which will now probably appear in next weeks issues - after it's potentially too late!

As for the contracts I'm well aware of the reasoning behind them but it still doesn't make any sense as they just add to the financial burden for any new potential investors coming in to the club but the one thing they don't give is security as the contract is either with Peter personally or the limited company!

Rest assurred there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes and have been for several weeks now and it shouldn't be underestimated the time and effort that some of us have put in to try and sort things out before they got this far, unfortunately for reasons I won't go into we keep having barriers put in our way but we'll continue to push on for the best of the club.

Seems to me from reading the Observer Simpson and Stott need to put personal differences aside if they really care the club and then Peter needs to explain what on earth went wrong, unless he did at the meeting?, Stott claims that Windsor are STILL paying £2500k a week in playing budget!!! Why would any sound businessman bail the club out with such huge debts?

Lets not forget Stott is the brains behind the running track by the dugouts..how much did that cost?! And yellow submarine sank aswell.

I'll see you at AFC Windsor and Eton where Mudge can work with a real Hellenic league budget!

Joel,

the PR bit I was talking about was from the club end not the papers - giving an exclusive to the paper that was doing most of the stirring in the close season with so-called anonymous letters and ignoring the other local paper was bad PR in my view as was choosing the night the papears go to press and then appealing for help which will now probably appear in next weeks issues - after it's potentially too late!

As for the contracts I'm well aware of the reasoning behind them but it still doesn't make any sense as they just add to the financial burden for any new potential investors coming in to the club but the one thing they don't give is security as the contract is either with Peter personally or the limited company!

Rest assurred there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes and have been for several weeks now and it shouldn't be underestimated the time and effort that some of us have put in to try and sort things out before they got this far, unfortunately for reasons I won't go into we keep having barriers put in our way but we'll continue to push on for the best of the club.

If there is anything we as supporters can do to push things on please let us know!

Arent you going to pledge any money then Woody?

Down that blackhole? Come on WR you didnt get rich by doing things like that did you? I've been reading Alan Sugars book and hes put me right off!

Just got my calculator out. If what Stott says is true why when the order was issued didnt Peter just get rid of wages altogether? Yes it would of meant certain relegation but in 4 weeks he'd of saved enough to pay the taxman off for the time being!? Or is Stott playing games?

I'm sure Dave Mudge said at the meeting that playing Budget for last month was just over £8000 that included first team, reserve team and coaches. Windsor Sec may be able to confirm, but if so I believe that is a huge drop from last season. All a bit academic though as that is an issue for going forward, at the moment we need to deal with the problem in hand.

I think that is a really good idea Fuzzy ...

Edited by Joel

I have to agree with Woody - if you're serious about paying off the debt, you need to reduce the playing budget to expenses only now. Accept the inevitable relegation and increase your chances of saving the club.

When we ran out of money (c. 2007) we had a horrible few seasons and were spanked by all and sundry. It'll hurt, but surely not as much as it will when you don't have a club to support. I hope it doesn't come to that, and wish you the best of luck.

I have to agree with Woody - if you're serious about paying off the debt, you need to reduce the playing budget to expenses only now. Accept the inevitable relegation and increase your chances of saving the club.

When we ran out of money (c. 2007) we had a horrible few seasons and were spanked by all and sundry. It'll hurt, but surely not as much as it will when you don't have a club to support. I hope it doesn't come to that, and wish you the best of luck.

Sorry Matt, I do not agree. Being in the SLP increases our revenue by increased gates although I admit the travel costs have gone up. Dave M did stress that the playing budget was less than last year and there are plans for additional revenue streams to be forthcoming at some stage (post takeover). As long as the fans get behind the club now and assist in clearing the tax debt I think there is light at the end of the tunnel. To reduce the playing budget to expenses only reduces us to the level of junior football and will no doubt cause the club to fold anyway.

Hope to see you in the Premier next season.........

I'm another who will be pledging money to save the club but can anyone not able to make the game tomorrow simply post the completed form to the club? I've been pleasantly surprised by the response so far and hopefully it will continue!

Even if the club halved the expenses going out that's 5 or 4 grand less to find. Yes it will set the club back on the pitch but I would be very presently surprised of you get 20 people willing and able to bail out Peter but not at a grand each!!! 250 and a 5 year season ticket 1000 and a lifetime ticket plus free coach travel or something would be more easily swallowed! Just a theory

It isn't bailing out Peter, its bailing out our club.

(BTW, 500 against VTFC???)

Indeed 530 or something I think it was, last game and they all saw us win the league. So where are they now? Clearly it is an inflated figure as it was a big game but surely at least 400 were Windsor fans?

And well said, we are not bailing Peter out we are trying to keep the club going because has put his heart and soul into the club and has no more left to give.

Lets pull together and get through this first stage and I think we will be okay, just got to get this initial bit sorted. Anyone who thinks giving a little bit won't help, it will. If everyone gives a little it will combine to make a lot. If we all think our little won't help,we will have nothing and fail.