Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THANKS FOR THE PLEDGES !

Bins

We also have an active Supporters Trust which generates money for the club via fund-raising, raffles, parties, raffle tickets etc.

So do we and, although you have bigger gates / more supporters, having our own facilities means we don't have to pay for hire of rooms etc. which probably helps us turn in similar profits to yours...?? Maybe you're different but with the best will in the world (and there appears to be plenty of it collectively) I wouldn't imagine we'd clear more than a few grand from all the events combined over the course of a year. (And I'm certainly not sniffing at that!!)

Pure guesswork all that.

PS Didn't see the earlier replies...

Edited by Rother

Good question Fuzzy Royal.

I think the trick which Slough and our Chairman have adopted is to have as many revenue streams as possible considering we dont have our own ground.

Some of these are, golden goal, match sponsors, match ball sponsors, matchday mascots, club shop, programmes, 500 club, sponsored goals, ground advertising, shirt sponsors - not all are big incomes but they add up.

The other trick is to sell as many season tickets as possible so that you know at the begining of the season what the budget is - yes season tickets are discounted compared to full match price, but the club has all the money up front.

As has been mentioned above, a shrewed chairman who makes the manager balance his books (not a dig at Windsor) by releasing players to bring others in.

The Trust is there with money in the bank for a rainy day - totally independant of the club, and this was vital in the days of Deaner with his hand out!

The Supporters Trust also support the youth side so this cost is removed from the club.

There are a couple of less formal groups such as the Barmy Army and Rebel Rousers who also chip in with funds.

The final and most impressive are the co-sponsored events where the proceeds are split to fund the club and various charities, these have included Ian and co's bike rides, and the now extream marathon walks (6 days to Sutton Coalfield last year - well done Martin and Kay).

Lots of little contributions to the cost of running the club which people find easy to give to without hurting their pocket but with tangable benifits.

Edited by Staines-upon-Thames Rebel

I very much hope Windsor do not go into administration.

This is what wikipedia says on the topic

"A company in administration is operated by the Administrator (as interim Chief Executive) on behalf of the creditors as a going concern while options are sought short of liquidation. These options include recapitalising the business, selling the business to new owners, or demerging it into elements that can be sold and closing the remainder."

Your assets are very limited, and it's difficult to see how you can, at the current level, with the current wagebill, be a going concern. Unless those you owe money to are willing to waive the debts (directors debts maybe, HMRC unlikely), I think you are deep in the mire.

I'm not stirring it here as I want you around so we (Slough) can enjoy beating you I just think that your position is one that is more serious than many seem to realise.

"Your assets are very limited, and it's difficult to see how you can, at the current level, with the current wagebill, be a going concern. Unless those you owe money to are willing to waive the debts (directors debts maybe, HMRC unlikely), I think you are deep in the mire."

I think SR and Ted have raised some very good points on revenue streams and our current difficulties. One thing I should say and am ready to be shot down on this.....I do not believe our wage bill is any where near as high as recent seasons so in some ways we have reduced that avenue of expenditure. There are other ways of bringing money in if we survive this crisis and I am sure lots of people are helping in all sorts of ways. My big worry at the moment is how the Crown Estate are going to react with news of the HMRC debt and will we get past the 10th November?