Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today

Alan W (GNFC)

Will all due respect to Glen Johnson why do we not have an experienced goalkeeper on the bench. Why is Paul Newell left out. I thought that is was really unfair to expect a 16 year old to save us out there today. We'll do em in the replay. 3 games without a win - I'm getting withdrawl symptoms. Think I'll support United tomorrow to get the feeling back!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gleneck, you're being too harsh on Glen, to be fair to him he came in, under a LOT of pressure, and done really well, he pulled off some good saves, and you know what they say, if he's good enough, he's old enough. From what i've heard he's got a few pro clubs sniffing, and he will be a talent in the future. How many times have you seen him play? I've seen him many times for the youth team, and he is one of the best goalies in the club.

If you read my message I wasn't knocking Glen, but I was questioning the decision to put him under huge pressure. He made some very good saves on the night, but being asked to put up with that much pressure proved too much. I hope we can hang on to him, cos he is gonna be a quality keeper in the future.