Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
majorman6

Vote On Ford

STAY. He is the best Fleet manager I have seen in the 10 years that I have been going to the fleet. There are no apt replacements with EXPERIENCE and the rumours that there is unrest in the dressing room have, as yet, been unsubstantiated and without authority. The problem is a lack of funds and not the quality of our manager. I'd like to see Adrian Pennock try and buy such names as Junior Mcdougald and Brett Angel with the funds available. The "we want Fordy out" chant is incorrect as a large proportion of supporters don't want this to happen, in particular those of us who have seen more than just the last couple of seasons and have watched Andy propel us into the Nationwide Conference for the first time in over 20 years.STAY, STAY and STAY again!

STAY - about time all these johnny come lately whipper snapper types went.

controversial I'm sure but the queue for the french bread would be smaller, and us old ones like to get at least one hot meal inside us.

Aha - The mighty Earl Grey has managed it back onto the message board, whatever next , will he make it back on to the terraces ....

6 games in , and no show from the Earl at any yet !! You would expect more from a shareholder.... At least the johnny come latelies, are still coming , albeit in smaller numbers !!!!!

When Sitford went by popular demand it marked the start of a 20 year spell in the wilderness of Corinthian ,Burnham, Sudbury , Trowbridge (aaaahhhh ) and various glorified pub sides etc .

Stay until Xmas. If we have seen no improvement in results by then, especially with Drury, Trott, Wilkerson etc fit again, then the calls to resign/be sacked will be hard for the board to resist.

20+ games should be more than enough to see whether we will be dismally relegated without a fight, or making a scrap of it.

If we do survive, Andy MUST be offered a full time job. (he may of course not accept it, bearing in mind he has a business to run outside of football).

A definite vote to STAY

For those reckless and foolish enough to advocate a new manager, particularly one who may be a popular player but who has zero managerial experience, I would mention two words- Neville Southall. Exceptionally brilliant player but proved totally out of his depth at Dover who were relegated. Furthermore the anticipated cachet of his name failed to attract either the players or the hoped for investment. At the end of the day it comes down to money. A new manager would have no extra funds available. I doubt that anyone else would devote the time that Andy Ford does to our club. In a history of the game "Big Nev" (copyright R Atkinson) would command many pages if not a whole chapter. With respect to Adrian Pennock who many may advocate for this role, would he even get a mention in a footnote? If Southall couldn't attract players etc what chance would Adrian have? So to everyone in the Go camp I say be realistic, something they appear unable to grasp so far.