Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aung San Suu Kyi

But the reasons for some people winning the award are such that it precludes them getting to Oslo. People don't carry out their activities with the aim of winning the Nobel Peace Prize, keeping a suitable date free to pop to Norway.

The fact is that Aung San Suu Kyi traveled to Oslo to collect her award as soon as she was able to.

If your only argument against her getting the award was that she wasn't able to collect it immediately does that mean you otherwise support her good work opposing a brutal regime?

If your only argument against her getting the award was that she wasn’t able to collect it immediately does that mean you otherwise support her good work opposing a brutal regime?

I didn’t realise that you were such a fan of Aung San Suu Kyi, what’s your keen interest exactly. You suggest that I should be supporting ‘her good work’ opposing a brutal regime but if you look at the way the World is going in these sorry times, isn’t it arguably better to be a Burma, a North Korea, a Cuba or a China for example rather than a Country where anything goes

If your only argument against her getting the award was that she wasn’t able to collect it immediately does that mean you otherwise support her good work opposing a brutal regime?

I didn’t realise that you were such a fan of Aung San Suu Kyi, what’s your keen interest exactly. You suggest that I should be supporting ‘her good work’ opposing a brutal regime but if you look at the way the World is going in these sorry times, isn’t it arguably better to be a Burma, a North Korea, a Cuba or a China for example rather than a Country where anything goes

Is your employer at the MOD aware that you are a fan of these brutal regimes, as many would consider such a person to be a possible security threat, and have you ever considered emigrating to any of those countries?

Missunderstood - Where did I say that I was a fan of brutal regimes. I feel that it's 'criminal' Aung San Suu Kyi is being allowed to address both Houses of Parliament later today, what has she done to deserve that huge honour, the only woman ever to do so other than our Queen.

Like Britain?

Hookey - Well exactly, I rest my case!

It gets worse folks if that's possible, Aung San Suu Kyi meeting the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' today in London and Bono jumping on the bandwagon:

http://www.dailymail...broadcasts.html

I have the great honour of being asked to leave a pub in Bookham with 'The Hairy Cornflake' several years ago.

Yes, it is a VERY long story !

Big JR - Like I said it was disgusting how Aung San Suu Kyi was allowed anywhere near Parliament yesterday let alone address both Houses!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162829/Aung-San-Suu-Kyi-actually-smaller-Speaker-Bercow-A-first.html?ITO=1490

Big JR - Like I said it was disgusting how Aung San Suu Kyi was allowed anywhere near Parliament yesterday let alone address both Houses!:

http://www.dailymail...t.html?ITO=1490

Why was it disgusting?

For someone who relishes saying outrageous things on forums you certainly seem to have a soft spot for totalitarian regimes.

• 3 months later...

I see that Aung San Suu Kyi is still shamelessly milking her new found fame for all it's worth, she has recently been in the US picking up yet another gong from Barack Obama, it's criminal!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205918/One-moving-days-life-Myanmars-Aung-San-Suu-Kyi-receives-Congressional-Gold-Medal.html

I see that Aung San Suu Kyi is still shamelessly milking her new found fame for all it's worth, she has recently been in the US picking up yet another gong from Barack Obama, it's criminal!:

http://www.dailymail...Gold-Medal.html

There was a rather interesting programme about Aung San Suu Kyi on BBC2 last night. Had you watched it I'm sure you would have a different opinion on a remarkable lady.

I certainly wouldn't call her remarkable, she abandoned her dieing husband and two young sons didn't she

• 1 month later...

I see that the chickens have come home to roost in Burma with the serious unrest and ethinc cleansing that has developed in the Country recently, Aung San Suu Kyi is nowhere to be seen and has buried her head in the sand despite a large number of deaths and injuries.

I see that the chickens have come home to roost in Burma with the serious unrest and ethinc cleansing that has developed in the Country recently, Aung San Suu Kyi is nowhere to be seen and has buried her head in the sand despite a large number of deaths and injuries.

TW@T.

Rhodes, I seriously doubt that there is anything she could have done about not seeing her family. She was detained against her wishes - hardly fair.

The only criticism of Aung San Suu Kyi is her silence on the Rahkine State riots, and saying that she did not know if the Rohingya people were Burmese.

I matters not if they are Burmese or not.

I watched the Channel 4 report last night and came to the conclusion this is ethnic cleansing in process with the full consent and knowledge of the Government.

If Kyi is as humanitarian as she professes to be, then should get her @rse into gear and get it STOPPED !

She has dropped right-off my Christmas card list I'm afraid !

I matters not if they are Burmese or not.

I watched the Channel 4 report last night and came to the conclusion this is ethnic cleansing in process with the full consent and knowledge of the Government.

If Kyi is as humanitarian as she professes to be, then should get her @rse into gear and get it STOPPED !

She has dropped right-off my Christmas card list I'm afraid !

Aung San Suu Kyi is an opposition MP from a minority party, difficult to see how she could stop these atrocities.

Aung San Suu Kyi is an opposition MP from a minority party, difficult to see how she could stop these atrocities.

Trouble with you Alan is that you rely on facts to make a point.