Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aung San Suu Kyi

Aung San Suu Kyi is an opposition MP from a minority party, difficult to see how she could stop these atrocities

That’s exactly my point, she hasn’t been backward in coming forward up until now yet has suddenly gone as quiet as a mouse when ‘her people’, her words not mine, are dropping like flies.

That’s exactly my point, she hasn’t been backward in coming forward up until now yet has suddenly gone as quiet as a mouse when ‘her people’, her words not mine, are dropping like flies.

And Alan dismissed your point over the boundary for six you TW@T, now shut up and let the grown ups talk.

Aung San Suu Kyi is an opposition MP from a minority party, difficult to see how she could stop these atrocities.

Loosely – Where did Missunderstood hit me for six, Ian Botham style at Headingly, in the above post. Like I said San Suu Kyi has spoken up on everything under the sun up until now and made herself busy yet where is she now when needed the most, we haven’t heard a peep out of her.

Personally, I think this business in Burma is running along the lines of what happened recently in Sri Lanka, when the Government openly cleansed the Tamil Tigers.

Loosely – Where did Missunderstood hit me for six, Ian Botham style at Headingly, in the above post. Like I said San Suu Kyi has spoken up on everything under the sun up until now and made herself busy yet where is she now when needed the most, we haven’t heard a peep out of her.

Apart from the plight of the Burmese people and democracy she actually speaks of little else according to my research.

Living in a democracy, it's difficult to understand the problems that she has to encounter on a daily basis out there. Rather her than me.

Is the UK really a democracy when all the parties that have a chance of ever being elected are basically the same?. We may have a vote, but I don't think we have a voice.

Is the UK really a democracy when all the parties that have a chance of ever being elected are basically the same?. We may have a vote, but I don't think we have a voice.

Labour moved to the center right because they had no chance of getting elected by staying on the left of the political spectrum in this country. I do agree with you, there isn't a real alternative (I'm not going to take UKIP or the SWP seriously) but if that's what people vote for then I don't have a problem. You shouldn't replace a political system unless you have something better to replace it with in my opinion.

Edited by cup of tea

I'd say that in 1997 Labour certainly became more Fabian than before under John Smith (one of very few Labour people I've actually had time for).

Labour and Conservative are basically the same - you're going to get shafted whichever one of the rotten mob The Bilderbergs choose.

UKIP or another party needs to seize the opportunity and take on both parties, because neither of them imho is fit to govern.

I'd say that in 1997 Labour certainly became more Fabian than before under John Smith (one of very few Labour people I've actually had time for).

Labour and Conservative are basically the same - you're going to get shafted whichever one of the rotten mob The Bilderbergs choose.

UKIP or another party needs to seize the opportunity and take on both parties, because neither of them imho is fit to govern.

The problem with UKIP is they are seen by many as one trick ponies, little Englanders and political nutcases, and its a fact that many of us actually like Europe.

I agree that neither of the two main parties are fit to govern, and these days my vote is given to the least worse party, or the candidate with the best chance of beating the Tories..

I'd say that's a fair assessment of UKIP, from purely an outside point of view, but there is more to UKIP than just wanting out of the EU:

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies

They want to do more for small businesses, protect our agriculture and fishing, merging NI and income tax to simplify tax coding, punishing criminals harder than at present, change the army from an attacking force to a peace-keeping one, give more jobs to British workers and get back control of our borders (even ex-Labour people agree that it was done to water down the British identity and a bad idea!)

These are all great ideals, and if we can re-affirm our national identity as Great Britain then fantastic. No harm in being proud of your country.

As for people liking Europe hmmm... 4/5 people I meet hate Europe. Whether it's just in Gloucester I'm not sure, but not many people I know of like Europe - one elderly gentleman in my local (a WW2 veteran) calls the EU 'Hitler's dream come true.'

I know this is drifting slightly off-topic....

BUT...........

Interestingly enough, I have voted Lib Dem in past elections.

I'm not Tory by any stretch of the imagination and a vote for Labour in the Mole Valley constituency is just a wasted vote.

The majority, if not all of my fellow Lib Dem voting friends will be voting UKIP at any coming election, as we all believe the LD's sold out when joining up with Cameron and Co.

The next general election could be very interesting.

Edited by Big J R

I'd say that's a fair assessment of UKIP, from purely an outside point of view, but there is more to UKIP than just wanting out of the EU:

http://www.ukip.org/...t/ukip-policies

They want to do more for small businesses, protect our agriculture and fishing, merging NI and income tax to simplify tax coding, punishing criminals harder than at present, change the army from an attacking force to a peace-keeping one, give more jobs to British workers and get back control of our borders (even ex-Labour people agree that it was done to water down the British identity and a bad idea!)

These are all great ideals, and if we can re-affirm our national identity as Great Britain then fantastic. No harm in being proud of your country.

As for people liking Europe hmmm... 4/5 people I meet hate Europe. Whether it's just in Gloucester I'm not sure, but not many people I know of like Europe - one elderly gentleman in my local (a WW2 veteran) calls the EU 'Hitler's dream come true.'

I would say that on balance the majority of people I speak to genuinely like Europe. They like the progressive social policies that Europe brings, the work ethic of the Germans, the shear bloody mindedness of the french, the culture of the Italians, and the calm and civilised Scandinavians. They also understand that by and large politicians are a bunch of self serving hypocrites that will say anything to get elected.

Social policies of Europe?

Bendy bananas and the Kinnock's riding the gravy train? ;)

I'd say the British are the bloody-minded lot, and yes I have been to France (8 times watching Wales play France in the 5/6 Nations, and also holiday in Dijon, Lyon and Bordeaux).

To me the French come across as inward looking and not too chirpy.

'Les Engleeeesh... I fart your general direction....'

The main trouble with Europe, is that Merky Merkel wants to rule the roost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the result of the 1939-1945 cup clash, England Won - Germany didn't ??

As Basil Fawlty once said........

"DON'T MENTION THE WAR - I did once, but I think I got away with it !!"

Sometimes I think Merkel must be related to old Adolf...

(German accent)

She vants control Herr Alan!!!