Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Defiant Losers

I.C.@G&NFC

Yesterdays game will go down in 'Fleet' history. Even though we lost, this game must rank along side the Sunderland, Villa, Notts County and Huddersfield games.

I have, up until today agreed with many other fans, that Andy has no longer got what it takes to achieve the clubs aims, but after today I withdraw my previous opinion, for now.

Three stupid mistakes by O'Reilly, McKimm and Skinner, plus that 'man in black', shaped this game. Three definite red cards and a dubious dive in our penalty area only tell a small part of this game. I defy anyone WHO WAS AT THIS GAME, to criticise any of the remaining eight players and the three players who were subbed. For the few who were there, this was the 'Fleet' of old. Under the cosh, but battling, battling, battling. For every loose ball. Every throw in. Every corner. Every shot at goal. Every half chance. Every player dug deep and when they left the pitch when the final whistle blew, none were found wanting. Without a doubt the best game we've played this season (including Farnborough). Scarborough should of buried us by half time. But, with nine men at the time, we controlled the game and when Scarborough did get a shot at goal they were high, wide or stopped by Shearer. Second half, there was no second half for Scarborough. They were made to stay in the centre circle whilst their manager produced a marker board on which he drew their second half plans. Down to eight, we dug even deeper and hit the post. And, but for a nit-picking, over zealous ref there would of been no penalty. On the day even with eight men we should of won. With eleven men we would of annhilated them, bring on Leigh RMI and roll on November 29th when we play Scarborough again.

Can't wait to read and hear King Carlos's and Drummer Boy's view of the game.

To all that were not there, get down there against Leigh, as on this showing, the worm has turned, Absolutely amazing performance today against the odds. If you think we have problems, you should have seen Scarborough. Out played and out thought for most of the game. Their man from pub (No 23) was a sight not to be missed.

Down but not out by a long chalk.