Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexander....

coupwotcoup

Hello,

I am me as well one of the idiots that joined SAFC and therefore responsible for all the harm done to non-league football as a result. :doh:

Well, first things first : I won't get into any kind of personal arguments on here, it is not my business and I was not around at this time. I am not an ex MYFCer and I joined Southill in March 2010, long after Uncle Urchins' disappearing act.

- As it has been written above on this thread by others Southill companions, some mistakes were made at the creation of this club. Wrong location, no local volunteer base,too little connexions of our coaching team around Biggleswade and too few local players as a result. Well, we all learned our lesson. The only people that never make mistakes are the ones that never try anything!!

Even though some mistakes were made, to say that this UU fellow is not immensely responsible for them is gloabally absolutely ridiculous. What he has done, was a clear case of abusing others honesty and friendship ( and of course to run away like a coward once he can't hide his NUMEROUS LIES anymore ) and if i'm lying feel free to sue me!!

Besides that, I find it quite shocking to read that some haters on this forum put words in our mouths " owners have been mugged" "they are the one that should be mad at the Board of Directors" " Some poor fellow even traveled from the USA to see Southill play" ... etc... etc...

But who are you and what do you know ? Where are the angry shareholders ? Who is actually complaining at our Directors or coach ? The answer is simple. NO ONE. And that's because we know about the situation from the inside, we know that without them there would have been no experience and for me it has been a priviliege to be part of this project because I learned a tons of stuff . And unlike some people, I live to learn, not to hate.

My opinion about supporters owned grassroot football clubs ( with a clear internet centered oriention like at SAFC) is that it could definitely work. There is absolutely no reason why it could not work.

But of course, you need to have certain assets to start with, some we had, some we did not have, I give you only 2 examples here: -local volunteers - we did not have enough of that - ,

a coach that believe in the project and interact with the owers - We had that, Steve Foster did a great job despite all the difficulties and in an other context we could have succeeded with him this is a no-brainer ......

- I could list about 5 or 6 more crucial things without which you can't suceed. And once you have all those things, you can succeed and even then it is never going to be easy.

Challenging things are very rarely easy ...

if you ask me, I'd start again anytime and with the same people.

p.s : excuse my mistakes in English, it is my second language.

Edited by Julien

It's a shame about Leyton as I was recently invited to get involved at Lea Bridge Road by the new Manager and had big plans for the Club who have always been one of the sleeping giants of non league football, the sky could well have been the limit if only they been administered properly and not involved themselves with the likes of crooked Costas Sophocleous

I don't think Leyton could, by any stretch of the imagination ever be thought of as a sleeping giant of non league football. The ground is a dump and its doubtful if they had any genuine supporters that actually cared about the club, with the majority of people going through the turnstyles either away supporters, or friends or relatives of the players.

Leyton and Southill Alexander are not the first non league clubs to go belly up this season and they certainly will not be the last. The problem is IMO far to many clubs, and not enough supporters to make the majority of them sustainable.

Hello,

I am me as well one of the idiots that joined SAFC and therefore responsible for all the harm done to non-league football as a result. :doh:

Well, first things first : I won't get into any kind of personal arguments on here, it is not my business and I was not around at this time. I am not an ex MYFCer and I joined Southill in March 2010, long after Uncle Urchins' disappearing act.

- As it has been written above on this thread by others Southill companions, some mistakes were made at the creation of this club. Wrong location, no local volunteer base,too little connexions of our coaching team around Biggleswade and too few local players as a result. Well, we all learned our lesson. The only people that never make mistakes are the ones that never try anything!!

Even though some mistakes were made, to say that this UU fellow is not immensely responsible for them is gloabally absolutely ridiculous. What he has done, was a clear case of abusing others honesty and friendship ( and of course to run away like a coward once he can't hide his NUMEROUS LIES anymore ) and if i'm lying feel free to sue me!!

Besides that, I find it quite shocking to read that some haters on this forum put words in our mouths " owners have been mugged" "they are the one that should be mad at the Board of Directors" " Some poor fellow even traveled from the USA to see Southill play" ... etc... etc...

But who are you and what do you know ? Where are the angry shareholders ? Who is actually complaining at our Directors or coach ? The answer is simple. NO ONE. And that's because we know about the situation from the inside, we know that without them there would have been no experience and for me it has been a priviliege to be part of this project because I learned a tons of stuff . And unlike some people, I live to learn, not to hate.

My opinion about supporters owned grassroot football clubs ( with a clear internet centered oriention like at SAFC) is that it could definitely work. There is absolutely no reason why it could not work.

But of course, you need to have certain assets to start with, some we had, some we did not have, I give you only 2 examples here: -local volunteers - we did not have enough of that - ,

a coach that believe in the project and interact with the owers - We had that, Steve Foster did a great job despite all the difficulties and in an other context we could have succeeded with him this is a no-brainer ......

- I could list about 5 or 6 more crucial things without which you can't suceed. And once you have all those things, you can succeed and even then it is never going to be easy.

Challenging things are very rarely easy ...

if you ask me, I'd start again anytime and with the same people.

p.s : excuse my mistakes in English, it is my second language.

you make some excellent points mate,im starting up a new club myself next week called AFC Basildon,send £50 in used fivers to PO Box Basildon to become a member cheers.

Julien, you made a great post.

But heck, Basil-don and Rhodes have personal issues with Loose.

Hookey anf Eastside Urchin have no knowledge about SA, like I have about Hornchurch or Basildon FC Well, what can you expect from Essex people.

Plus Basil-don doesn't want to mention his issues with the Police against a certain lady.

Fans clubs are the way forward,I look forward to the day that non league clubs are run by the fans,saying that,in many cases they will be clubs that are started from scratch after the demise of the original club

Southill Alexander was an experiment slightly different as there was no fan base to start with,no local community etc

Even the smallest if clubs have a sense of localness about it,my own club Hornchurch in the late 90's were averaging around 60-70 most games before being taken over,they were probably the size of tilbury but the one thing they always had was that the local community knew there was a football club there,all it really took was a bit of a kick start and suddenly you have crowds,the gates went up even before the real money was put in and this is because however dormant the club had been for 10 or so years before it,every kid remembered watching football there at one point or another,with SA there was nothing like that

"if you ask me, I'd start again anytime and with the same people."

this quote from julien summed up my feelings about the southill experience as well. its a pity we werent able to make it through the season, but as was stated before, we just didnt have the locally based membership available to take on the necessary tasks. the location of our team certainly worked against us, and this season it seemed that everything that could go wrong did go wrong. but , through it all i had a lot of fun (from afar) and learned a lot, and (again) would like to thank gordon, sally, and steve for their incredible efforts. they certainly did their best, which was far better than i couldve done had i been on site. as julien said, given the chance, i would also start again with the same people!

Britman,you do talk utter bollox,I may not have intimate knowledge of how the club was run but I do know the Ins and outs of a non league football club believe me,and I know a fair bit about SA,I am sure hookey can speak for himself but it appears you have tarred him with a brush because he dared write a glowing reference to Richard.

When there was one of the original meetings at AFC Hornchurch between UU and other investors/backers etc the people involved were hardly backwards in coming forward with regards to their plans of SA and certain issues were discussed with certain fans of our club,at the time we thought it a bit odd that a club was virtually born at one of our home games but to be honest all we cared about was our club.

At the time I got on with a couple of the original founders of SA but gradually due to the workings of one person bridges were somewhat burnt due to malicious lies about myself,saying that not too many people have taken notice of them as I am chairman of our supporters association

due to the workings of one person bridges were somewhat burnt due to malicious lies about myself,saying that not too many people have taken notice of them as I am chairman of our supporters association

What an earth are you on about?

Julien, you made a great post.

But heck, Basil-don and Rhodes have personal issues with Loose.

Hookey anf Eastside Urchin have no knowledge about SA, like I have about Hornchurch or Basildon FC Well, what can you expect from Essex people.

Plus Basil-don doesn't want to mention his issues with the Police against a certain lady.

right do yourself a favour and sod off,i dont have the time or inclination to carry on with this nonsense but i wont let posts like that go unchallenged,i havent posted about Southill for over a year and would much rather move on now,if you want to make accussations like that then i strongly suggest you do that in person so we can sort things out man to man,i suggest you leave it cheers.

due to the workings of one person bridges were somewhat burnt due to malicious lies about myself,saying that not too many people have taken notice of them as I am chairman of our supporters association

What an earth are you on about?

Come on loosely,you are an intelligent bloke,perhaps you suffer from some sort of memory loss

You remember the day you lot came to Hornchurch,everyone got on fine,you was welcomed to the bridge with open arms etc,a couple of months later you was coming out with all sort of accusations about myself obviously

fuelled by UU as you had only met me the once

Come on loosely,you are an intelligent bloke,perhaps you suffer from some sort of memory loss

You remember the day you lot came to Hornchurch,everyone got on fine,you was welcomed to the bridge with open arms etc,a couple of months later you was coming out with all sort of accusations about myself obviously

fuelled by UU as you had only met me the once

Never talked about you to anyone even outside this forum, only things I've had to say are in comments to you on here which I understood to be banter. That is categorically the truth, you're not that interesting seriously, met you a couple of times, thought you a decent bloke, very entertaining but apart from that I know nothing about you to talk about far less any issues you may or may not have had with UU.

End of that particular non story I think.

Hmmmmm not how I and others remember it,during various arguments about Hornchurch with UU you would come on our forum spouting bollox that obviously UU had put you up to,these may of been part of the problem with SA,many thousands of people view these forums and someone in your position getting into silly little spats then and since with Rhodes hardly did SA any favours

Put up or shut up Mental, copy and link these posts if there are any, no anecdotal "evidence" please.

If I didn't do SA any favours with my "banter" with Rhodes the where is the damage, this is just a forum, it ain't the real world and it ain't the end of it either.

My we are getting touchy,I have no intention of trawling through thousands of posts just to prove a point

As for these forums not being the real world,think again.

They are real and real issues are discussed and real people are looked upon by others in a more than real way

My we are getting touchy,I have no intention of trawling through thousands of posts just to prove a point

No, thought not. More bollox from you, no substance. Busted flush.

Yes busted,you know full well that UU had the majority of those threads deleted straight away,perhaps instead of being used as a pawn in his games which I am sure you now regret you could of stayed away from all that,just a thought old bean

Yawn......

Deleted threads now, just a shame you didn't come out with that earlier instead of your whining about how you couldn't be bothered to trawl through posts... cheesy%20(2).gif

Another busted flush, how many of those does the Chairman of HX Supporters Association have up his sleeve? Not the done thing to be seen having spats on this "real world" message board is it Mr Chairman?

Done and dusted with this now.

Put up or shut up Mental, copy and link these posts if there are any, no anecdotal "evidence" please.

If I didn't do SA any favours with my "banter" with Rhodes the where is the damage, this is just a forum, it ain't the real world and it ain't the end of it either.

Definitely have to agree with EU on this one. Speaking as someone that takes an interest in the financial aspects of non league football I thought the concept of what SA was trying to achieve fascinating, I tried to learn as much out about SA as I could, but found it virtually impossible to get any worthwhile information (from your p---poor website) and I quickly concluded that perhaps you found slagging off Rhodes more entertaining than promoting Southill Alexander FC.