Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15/01/11

Croydon 0 - Camberley 2

Eventful game at the Arena today. 14 minutes in and the Camberley keeper hared out of the goal and upended a Croydon forward. Without a pause Referee Mauricio Calderon showed a red card. There was no protest from the keeper who knew what was coming.

Calderon then evened it up on 33 minutes when a late challenge received a red card also. On any other afternoon the challenge would have warranted a yellow.

Both team down to 10 men and two pretty lame goals caused a defeat to the Trams.

H/T 0-2.

This was defiantly a game of two haves. First half was quite good football and the officials seemed to be on top of it all. The second made you wonder if the Ref, Camberley bench, and a number of others were watch completely different games. Calderon must have a time delay around him. A tackle or incident would happen and the whistle would go off some 10 seconds later. A somewhat bemused crowd seemed confused at most of the decisions.

The officials didn't cost Croydon the game, Croydon did. They did try but to no avail. What was the difference between the two club? Who knows? But had the game been allowed to flow then maybe the result would have been slightly different. You know that players are getting irked when they tell the ref he is killing the game ... All because the ref kept remonstrating with the Camberley bench.

Trams at home again next Saturday.

Edited by Lensmeister

Guildford City 4-0 Molve Valley SCR

MVSCR missed 5 one on one's in the 1st half, one in the 1st minute saved by the home keeper who made another great save from one of the other chances later in the half, with Guildford having the majority of the pressure,1-0 at half time as City score on 41 mins,. MVSCR had one cleared off the line early in the second half but it was Guildford who took their chances one from the spot another a free kick and although looked a little off the pace at the back in the 1st half where much stronger in the second and MV had limited chances, City where lively and strong going forward and took their goals well.

Sheerwater 0-1 Westfield

Difficult pitch - even more difficult windy conditions. First half was largely unforgettable as we battled against the wind but defended well.

Second half was much better from both sides. We scored from a well worked corner which opened the game up. Could have had a couple more but missed 3 or 4 glorious chances. Sheers best efforts were from long range both well saved by this forums 'Henry' Frantic final 10 as the home side poured forward but we defended well and again had some great chances on the counter.

Seemed a more resolute and fitter Sheerwater then i've seen at times this season and with more new players I can see them moving away from danger

Guildford City 4-0 Molve Valley SCR

MVSCR missed 5 one on one's in the 1st half, one in the 1st minute saved by the home keeper who made another great save from one of the other chances later in the half, with Guildford having the majority of the pressure,1-0 at half time as City score on 41 mins,. MVSCR had one cleared off the line early in the second half but it was Guildford who took their chances one from the spot another a free kick and although looked a little off the pace at the back in the 1st half where much stronger in the second and MV had limited chances, City where lively and strong going forward and took their goals well.

Saturday 15th January

Premier Division

Ash United 1 v 1 Horley Town

Banstead Athletic 0 v 1 Badshot Lea

Bookham P v P Wembley

Chertsey Town 1 v 2 Epsom & Ewell

Chessington & Hook P v P Sandhurst Town

Colliers Wood Utd P v P Cove

Croydon 0 v 2 Camberley Town

Guildford City 4 v 0 Mole Valley SCR

Hanworth Villa 5 v 2 Raynes Park Vale

Molesey P v PDorking

Division 1

Chobham 2 v 2 Staines Lammas

Cobham 3 v 2 Frimley Green

Farleigh Rovers 1 v 4 Worcester Park

Farnborough North End 0 v 1 Eversley

Hartley Wintney 0 v 3 Hayes Gate

Knaphill P v P Bedfont Sports

Sheerwater 0 v 1 Westfield

South Park 0 v 1 CB Hounslow Utd

Warlingham 4 v 4 Farnham Town

Agree with teflon on this one! very dodgy start city relying to much on the offside trap mole valley missed some howlers in the first half ! guildford came out much stronger in the second half ,snuffing out mole valley and deserved the three points ,it was good to finally get a game on at home

Warlingham 4-4 Farnham if your a neutral must have been a great game

Indeed it was. Mind you, Borelis Bar Maids may well be on later claiming it was actually 5-4 to Farnham......

Trs did u record the game today would like to see high lights from such a gd game

Indeed it was. Mind you, Borelis Bar Maids may well be on later claiming it was actually 5-4 to Farnham......

Trs did u record the game today would like to see high lights from such a gd game

Yes I did ftfc. Were you at the game? If so, what did you make of the goal that wasn't?

mmmm good game ?? not so sure ftfc. Entertaining yes, good....no. Farcical defending from both sides and woeful officiating from Mr Blackie in the middle (always too far off the pace and eyesight obviously letting him down these days) and the late lino who not only showed up at 3.10 !!! but then proceeded to take 15 minutes to get out there and was also absolutely awful. As said though these things combined did make for an entertaining game and it will be interesting to see if trs recorded the game whether he got the '4th goal' which Mr Blackie and the other lino failed to see which would have put you 4-1 up after 35 mins !! I could see it was in and I was at the opposite end of the ground and go into hospital next month to have a cataract removed from my right eye !!!!!!!!!!!! :350:

Edited by spy

Yes I did ftfc. Were you at the game? If so, what did you make of the goal that wasn't?

From were I was standing if you were looking at the goal with no stand I was to the left, I feel it was a sure goal what baffles me isn't the linesman suppost to check the net before the game? Will gd to see on the high lights how blatant or not to the ref it was

Warlingham 4-4 Farnham

Where to start????

Absolute belter of a game fromm two sides who attacked from the start. Farnham raced into 2 goal lead and it was fully deserved. Up stepped Brunty to score a 30 yard wonder goal and pulled it back to 2-1. Farnham again attacked well and the impressive jack dillon made it 3-1. Now the contreversy!!! Jack Dillon then attacks again and smashes from 20 yards what looked from every angle a perfectly good goal..........BUT the ball also rebounded on the boards behind and the referee and lino deemed it had gone wide and signalled a goal kick!!! thanks to a small hole at the back of the net..............Farnham felt agrieved and rightly so. Was I bothered and was i going to let them score a goal NO WAY JOSE!!! 4-1 down the game would have been over. Wars slowly start to get back in game and reduce again to make it 3-2. Half time and kamikaze defending from both sides. Second half underway and the half time talk from myself was to be tighter.....so what do we do give the ball away in our own box, bang , goal 4-2 down!! Farnham are elated thinking game is won. We make couple changes and o for it midfield battles for both sides were excellent and to be fair I cant remember a bad challenge. Wars press and reduce again to 4-3 and look the likelier to score again and we do just that with 10 mins to go 4-4 in one of the games of the season. Wars were reduced to ten men later on for a double booking and remarkebly Wars could have won in last minute but centre forward sliced wide.

Great game, decent crowd and great attacking play from both sides. Shocking defending from both sides though....

Over all a point at 4-2 down was a great effort from Wars. Think the talking point will be the Goal that never was!!

South Park 0-1 CB Hounslow

Bad day at the office, it was just one of those days infront of goal. Started after 10 mintues when rounding the keeper our right mid hit the post. CB playing on the counter attack broke through midway into the first half and finished well. Park came out second half all guns blazing and from 5 corners on the bounce hit the crossbar 3 times and the keeper pulled off two quality saves. Park had enough chances to win 4 games but the crossbar, post and excellent keeper kept the home side at bay. CB worked there socks off and got the 3 points there workrate deserved.

From were I was standing if you were looking at the goal with no stand I was to the left, I feel it was a sure goal what baffles me isn't the linesman suppost to check the net before the game? Will gd to see on the high lights how blatant or not to the ref it was

It actually curled in, it looked as if it was going just wide then bent in, and yes of course the nets should have been checked but was probably forgotten about with the late arrival of the lino

I won't lie, I had a dreadful game. The break of games from the weather and having only played 3 games since August because of injury, I need to probably start working on my match fitness outside of training as well as training itself. Farnham played well and were quicker and sharper than us in the first 25 minutes put simply. Great goal from Brunty and a goal from a corner got us back in, luckily, before half time (yes 'the goal' that wasn't, was a goal, but when everyone seemed so uncertain, I wasn't exactly going to accept the goal). Frustratingly they scored beginning of the second half, but we showed spirit and 2 well worked goals got us a point. Need to start performing better from the start, not just the team, but I personally admit I need to start doing something extra too if i want to keep my place and we're going to challenge for the league title.