Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15/01/11

A nine...ahem eight goal thriller in Whyteleafe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wix72ODN0tQ

Cracking game and great coverage as usual TRS.

Was the ball within the quadrant for the corner leading to Wars 2nd goal ?

Cameo from Smudge too smilewinkgrin.gif

Nice to see Smudge... BBMaid u have too much curl in your feet mate...Great goal that was not given I think the keeper and the players reaction says it all.....

VERY TRUE WEEBS, ESPECIALLY THE WARLS KEEPER.................. WHO THEN NONCHALANTLY PUT THE BALL DOWN FOR A GOAL KICK THINKING HEY, GOT AWAY WITH THAT !!!!!

Well.......... Where to start with the shambles from the officials! The Ref had a perfect view of 'the goal' so how he didn't give we will never know! As for the lino on the far side..... maybe harsh but he needs to hang his flag up! He's far to old and slow to keep up and the glasses he had obviously hasn't helped his eye sight! He claimed to have checked the net at the start of the game so again how he missed the hole in the corner again is shocking! Then again maybe if the other lino didn't turn up to the pitch at 3:20 then they may have been checked a little better! Maybe the worst thing of all..... after the goal was disallowed the ref refused to look in the net to see if there was a hole in there and wouldn't get the net repaired until half time! I hope the ref and lino see the video and admit how shocking their mistake was! Weebs your right ....... surely seeing us celebrate and Wars players looking gutted that should have been a give-away!

As for the game,

We came out flying and steam rolled Wars in the first 20. I got 2 early goals then Brunty turned and went to hit a cross field pass but ended up shanking in the top corner to make it 2-1! grin.gif That then seemed to spark agro between the two dugouts with the Wars assistant coming round the back of our dugout and offering to fight Sean B, our assistant. No idea what it was over??? Straight after Jack Dillon went up the other end and scored a great solo goal, 3-1. It wasn't long after that the Wars skipper was subbed off due to Jack constantly pulling his pants down! lol. Then my goal that apparently went wide which would of made it 4-1 and pretty much game over. Instead Wars went up the other end and scored with a free header to make it 3-2. I did have a great chance to make it 4-2 right on half time but put it wide!

Second half again we came out quick and a good turn and shot from Luke Whiddett did make it 4-2. Credit to Wars they did keep coming and with their power in the air scored another 2 headers and nicked a point in a game that we should have won in the first half!

Shocking defending from both teams, maybe? Although being a forward I think the credit should go the attacking play from both sides. Our pace and movement and Wars strength and power made it a nightmare at the office for both sets of defenders!

Lets just hope those 2 points we should of had wont come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

TRS, great coverage. You couldn't of picked a better game to come to!

Edited by Borellis Bar Maids

Nice to see Smudge... BBMaid u have too much curl in your feet mate...Great goal that was not given I think the keeper and the players reaction says it all.....

VERY TRUE WEEBS, ESPECIALLY THE WARLS KEEPER.................. WHO THEN NONCHALANTLY PUT THE BALL DOWN FOR A GOAL KICK THINKING HEY, GOT AWAY WITH THAT !!!!!

Well.......... Where to start with the shambles from the officials! The Ref had a perfect view of 'the goal' so how he didn't give we will never know! As for the lino on the far side..... maybe harsh but he needs to hang his flag up! He's far to old and slow to keep up and the glasses he had obviously hasn't helped his eye sight! He claimed to have checked the net at the start of the game so again how he missed the hole in the corner again is shocking! Then again maybe if the other lino didn't turn up to the pitch at 3:20 then they may have been checked a little better! Maybe the worst thing of all..... after the goal was disallowed the ref refused to look in the net to see if there was a hole in there and wouldn't get the net repaired until half time! I hope the ref and lino see the video and admit how shocking their mistake was! Weebs your right ....... surely seeing us celebrate and Wars players looking gutted that should have been a give-away!

As for the game,

We came out flying and steam rolled Wars in the first 20. I got 2 early goals then Brunty turned and went to hit a cross field pass but ended up shanking in the top corner to make it 2-1! grin.gif That then seemed to spark agro between the two dugouts with the Wars assistant coming round the back of our dugout and offering to fight Sean B, our assistant. No idea what it was over??? Straight after Jack Dillon went up the other end and scored a great solo goal, 3-1. It wasn't long after that the Wars skipper was subbed off due to Jack constantly pulling his pants down! lol. Then my goal that apparently went wide which would of made it 4-1 and pretty much game over. Instead Wars went up the other end and scored with a free header to make it 3-2. I did have a great chance to make it 4-2 right on half time but put it wide!

Second half again we came out quick and a good turn and shot from Luke Whiddett did make it 4-2. Credit to Wars they did keep coming and with their power in the air scored another 2 headers and nicked a point in a game that we should have won in the first half!

Shocking defending from both teams, maybe? Although being a forward I think the credit should go the attacking play from both sides. Our pace and movement and Wars strength and power made it a nightmare at the office for both sets of defenders!

Lets just hope those 2 points we should of had wont come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

mate you boys were robbed, thats terrible that it is. With that money Wars got from the vase, maybe they can get some new nets instead of bruntys wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the game,

mate you boys were robbed, thats terrible that it is. With that money Wars got from the vase, maybe they can get some new nets instead of bruntys wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was shocking! Well you would of thought so wouldn't you.... Lets hope there's no holes in your nets in 2 weeks mate! lol

I'm looking forward to the beer the ref owes me next time I see him!

Went to watch the Cobham V Frimley Green game today as part of a scouting mission :smilewinkgrin: for our trip to Frimley next weekend.

Played on a sticky pitch both teams tried to play the passing game but at times (wind also not helping) the football was terrible. Cobham took and early lead and were completely dominating them game and everyone was expecting the second Cobham goal. However, football being football Frimley started to get into the game about ten minutes before the half time. During this time they turned the game on it's head scoring a scrappy goal from a corner and then a delighful finish from the young forward lobbing the ball over the onrushing keeper (not YHW, he was in the stand jizzing over the Woking score).

Second half was as open as a Blackpool match, with the next goal being vital. Cobham got that goal ten minutes into the half thanks to a scrappy own goal. I expected Cobham to go on with tails up and win 4/5-2 but this wasn't the case. Follow what looked like (and can't be sure) a disgusting lunge tackle from the Cobham 11, there was an outbreak of handbags and the Frimley skipper reacting with a hand around the throat. After the referee made and rediculous scene out of it running 50 yards away from the incident to decide his actions, he rightly dismissed both players, something he took nearly seven minutes to do!!

Passes and shots were being forced and steaming forward left themselves open for Frimley to possibly nick it and going into the final fifteen minutes there was always one more goal left. Both side had half chances and just when it looked set for a draw, Cobham created a quality football move and the ball was bundled home from a Frimley defender in the 94th of 96 minutes.

A much changed Cobham side this season and they have A LOT of potential, if they stay together they're a team for the future, even for their small size!! Frimley had two or three decent players and will get beat a lot this season, good spirit though but without those couple of decent players they're certain strugglers!

I too was at this match .Poor game with probably the right result. Were u the loon in the stand son, shouting at everything that went on.............

Haha, no I wasn't he was a pillock! I believe he is one of the Cobham forwards. I remember marking him last year and he's got far too much mouth for someone so young, it'll get him into trouble one day!!

Where were you with? I was the other end of the stand in a black coat and a grey hat on

Came down after a training session as another game off...There were 4 of us at the end of the stand standing up at the railings ... Had a Blue square rain jacket on and no hat....

As for the game,

It was shocking! Well you would of thought so wouldn't you.... Lets hope there's no holes in your nets in 2 weeks mate! lol

I'm looking forward to the beer the ref owes me next time I see him!

Cant believe no on has mentioned the nailed on penalty for Wars in the second half ...We score that we go on to win it let alone get a point!!!!!

Chobham 2-2 Lammas

Well Tucks you were right in the predictor but it wasnt a 2-2 game, Ellers got it spot on we had 11 fantastic opportunitys to go well well well clear infront at halftime, goin with the wind. We knew it werent guna be our day when our top scorer is clean through on goal, the keeper has gone back on his line and moves well over to the right of it, Baldock is on the penalty spot with the left hand side calling his name, it takes a little bobble admittingly but goes to side foot it and it went on the road behind the goal, The Crowd were laughing, i was aswell to be fair it was terrible, but we had at least another 6 or 7 good opportunities like that to add but our forwards think there premiership players and try the fancy shots, just srtike the FECKING ball man!!!!!!!!!! we go in 2-1 through Richard brightwell and Jamie smithers. Second half Chobham have the wind and probably had 2 attempts on goal and then equalise at the death when our keeper comes for a cross and its goes through his hands and straight to the forwards feet. Cheers thanks for coming!! Then you know it aint guna be your year but its been like that all season, getting beaten by mistakes, can only really say we been outplayed and beaten by two teams without mistakes and that was warlingham and Eversley!

Animal no result down there suprises me especially this time of year. Wet, windy , boggy pitch and they are strong and physical and their pitch suits them. Your not the first and certainly wont be the last to drop points down there mate.

Chertsey 1.2 Epsom

Another poor Chertsey performance as they fall to yet another defeat, which surely now puts them out of the title race............

CHERTSEY BOY, SPOT ON !

I WAS THERE WATCHING IN HOPE OF AN EXCITING GAME, AND LEFT FEELING LET DOWN BY BOTH TEAMS. THE MATCH LACKED ANY URGENCY ALTHO' WAS MAKE DIFFICULT BY THE STRONG WIND. IN MY OPINION BOTH TEAMS LACKED URGENCY AND LOOKED UNFIT WHICH SEEMS TO CAUSE THE SLOW TEMPO OF THE GAME. GOOD CONTROL FROM EPSOM 9 AND THRU' PASS LEAD TO A WELL EXECUTED FINISH BY THE EPSOM NO. 8 (I THINK ?) AFTER ABOUT 10-15 MINS. . THEN THE GAME WENT INTO A DIRE LULL AND WITH HALF TIME APPROACHING, A SHOT BY CHERTSEY NO. 7 (I THINK......AGAIN !) WAS MIS-JUDGED BY THE EPSOM KEEPER ALLOWING THE BALL TO SQUEEZE JUST INSIDE THE POST. 1-1 HALF TIME

CHERTSEY HAD MORE OF THE POSSESSION IN THE SECOND HALF WITH THEIR NO. 9 AND BEST PLAYER HITTING THE POST WITH A FINE LEFT FOOT STRIKE, THEN A FINE SAVE BY THE EPSOM KEEPER FOILING THE CHERTSEY NO. 10. BUT WITH CHERTSEY PLAYERS ALL PUSHING FORWARD AND LACK OF DEFENSIVE COMMITTMENT, IT WAS EPSOM WHO WERE DANGEROUS ON THE COUNTER, SO IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT ASSISTED BY SOME POOR CHERTSEY DEFENDING, LED TO EPSOM SUB SCORING WHAT WAS TO BE THE WINNER. THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE EPSOM NO. 10 HITTING THE POST WITH HIS PENALTY IN THE DYING STAGES.

IN DESPERATION CHERTSEY SEEMED TO PUT 4 UP FRONT FOR THE LAST 10 MINS PUSHING FOR A WIN WHICH THEN BECAME A DRAW BUT TO NO AVAIL. HAVE TO SAY SOME OF THE CHERTSEY PLAYERS LOOKED DIS-INTERESTED, LACKED CONFIDENCE, AND ANY SPARK OR COMMITTMENT, ESPECIALLY AS THE GAME WAS COMING TO AN END, THAT MAYBE 'COS OF FITNESS LEVELS....... EPSOM ALSO, PROBABLY DUE TO LACK OF GAMES, SEEMED TO RUN OUT OF PUFF BUT MUST BE HAPPY WITH THE 3 POINTS.

NOTHING MUCH ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME REALLY SUMS IT UP, THE ONLY ATTRACTION OF NOTE WAS THE EPSOM 11'S SKILL AND COMPSURE ON THE BALL, BUT HE ALSO LOOKED UNFIT .........

SO CHERTSEY BOY, CHERTSEYTOWN WHERE DO YOU GO FROM HERE ? THATS 5 LOSES ON THE BOUNCE (INCLUDING THE FRIENDLY AGAINST LAMMAS) AND ONLY 2 WINS IN THE LAST 8 (INCLUDING CUP GAMES) WHICH IS NOT NOT CHAMPIONSHIP FORM. I BELIEVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR THE CURFEWS AND ALTHO' WE SAY THERE'S STILL ALONG WAY TO GO, THE TOP SPOT NOW LOOKS LIKELY TO ELUDE THEM ESPECIALLY WITH GUILFORD WINNING AGAIN ?

NICE GUY should have got yourself down to church road.....I did tell you!!

As for the game,

Pretty much spot on BBM. Poor defending from both, I was guilty, certainly the first half anyway, but credit to the attacking players too as both sets were on form. Certainly think Farnham will be up there come the end of the season.

Ash Utd 1 Horley T 1

tight game & fair result, but from our point of view 2pts thrown away as Horley snatch an equaliser with just 2mins to go from a well taken free kick. We took an early lead in the 1st half & was well on top but gradually Horley got back into the game. 2nd Half we was abit unlucky as we had a shot cleared off the line & another well taken free kick smack against the post but in between Horley had chances themselves

As for the game,

Pretty much spot on BBM. Poor defending from both, I was guilty, certainly the first half anyway, but credit to the attacking players too as both sets were on form. Certainly think Farnham will be up there come the end of the season.

Well done, yet again, Trevor.

Certainly a thrilling match. Probably a draw about right on the nine minutes viewable, or so.

Trs what did you make of the game itself?

Well....defences were not on top! Great start by Farnham, with BBM and Jack Dillon causing no end of problems for the Wars backline. Great shot from Brunty out of the blue - in fact I was only sure it had gone in when everyone cheered. Bit of an unusual angle for filming, probably better for goalmouth action at the other end!

As for BBM's phantom goal, wasn't really sure what had happened initially as it looked like it had curled in and then just bounced out. Looking very closely, it curls in, goes through the hole in the net presumably whacks the boards behind the goal flies up and back over the goal. BBM's reaction and the goalies reaction gives the game away if nothing else. Looking at where the ref was, how could he possibly not have seen it curl in? Mad!

I think if that had been allowed, could well have been game over, but credit to Wars for their comeback. Also looked like a pen to me for them, but that is from the far end. Ref seemed to have a good view, but...:)

Entertaining game, full of incident, good attacking play and kamikaze defending. Well worth the £4!

Did anyone notice the encroachment onto the field of play by one of the team officials from the dug-out after one of the goals ?

Surprised the asst ref on that side didn't pick it up !

Went to watch the Cobham V Frimley Green game today as part of a scouting mission :smilewinkgrin: for our trip to Frimley next weekend.

Played on a sticky pitch both teams tried to play the passing game but at times (wind also not helping) the football was terrible. Cobham took and early lead and were completely dominating them game and everyone was expecting the second Cobham goal. However, football being football Frimley started to get into the game about ten minutes before the half time. During this time they turned the game on it's head scoring a scrappy goal from a corner and then a delighful finish from the young forward lobbing the ball over the onrushing keeper (not YHW, he was in the stand jizzing over the Woking score).

Second half was as open as a Blackpool match, with the next goal being vital. Cobham got that goal ten minutes into the half thanks to a scrappy own goal. I expected Cobham to go on with tails up and win 4/5-2 but this wasn't the case. Follow what looked like (and can't be sure) a disgusting lunge tackle from the Cobham 11, there was an outbreak of handbags and the Frimley skipper reacting with a hand around the throat. After the referee made and rediculous scene out of it running 50 yards away from the incident to decide his actions, he rightly dismissed both players, something he took nearly seven minutes to do!!

Passes and shots were being forced and steaming forward left themselves open for Frimley to possibly nick it and going into the final fifteen minutes there was always one more goal left. Both side had half chances and just when it looked set for a draw, Cobham created a quality football move and the ball was bundled home from a Frimley defender in the 94th of 96 minutes.

A much changed Cobham side this season and they have A LOT of potential, if they stay together they're a team for the future, even for their small size!! Frimley had two or three decent players and will get beat a lot this season, good spirit though but without those couple of decent players they're certain strugglers!

I too was at this match .Poor game with probably the right result. Were u the loon in the stand son, shouting at everything that went on.............

Haha, no I wasn't he was a pillock! I believe he is one of the Cobham forwards. I remember marking him last year and he's got far too much mouth for someone so young, it'll get him into trouble one day!!

Where were you with? I was the other end of the stand in a black coat and a grey hat on

Came down after a training session as another game off...There were 4 of us at the end of the stand standing up at the railings ... Had a Blue square rain jacket on and no hat....

And what a good score it was!!! T.R.S our boys taught you a lesson yesterday.

Was nice to be back, although i've not acctually gone. Was very nervous about coming back but enjoyed being welcomed by almost everyone.

Cobham should have 2 goals up within first 5 mins with striker booked for diving in the penalty area after being smashed inside the box. A minute later tucked the ball away and looked like it would be confortable but it was anything but in the end.

Wattsy didn't see you at all!!! Weeble I knew it was you in the Blue SQ jacket but Jurg said it definatly wasn't so I didn't go over then at the end when you said bye he said you look completely different,

Ah yes! Are you the short italian looking guy? I spoke to one of your group when you parked up and said to you about the ambulance due and dvising you you might need to move your car. That was me

And what a good score it was!!! T.R.S our boys taught you a lesson yesterday.

YHW, the most predictable result of the day yesterday was Woking winning at Kingsmeadow! Terry Brown's style doesn't really suit cup football. Went out last year to Workington (at home) and Uxbridge the year before - Uxbridge!! Bit of a worry as play-offs are cup ties, but i'm not convinced we'll make the cut anyway.

Ah yes! Are you the short italian looking guy? I spoke to one of your group when you parked up and said to you about the ambulance due and dvising you you might need to move your car. That was me

Short with a bit of groath on my face and blue square jacket ...yes mate that was me.. Italian looking ...Been called many things but never that......

Edited by Weeble

Did anyone notice the encroachment onto the field of play by one of the team officials from the dug-out after one of the goals ?

Surprised the asst ref on that side didn't pick it up !

JR that was my good self trying to install a bit of discipline in the defending after getting back into it!!