Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15/01/11

Chertsey 1.2 Epsom

Another poor Chertsey performance as they fall to yet another defeat, which surely now puts them out of the title race............

CHERTSEY BOY, SPOT ON !

I WAS THERE WATCHING IN HOPE OF AN EXCITING GAME, AND LEFT FEELING LET DOWN BY BOTH TEAMS. THE MATCH LACKED ANY URGENCY ALTHO' WAS MAKE DIFFICULT BY THE STRONG WIND. IN MY OPINION BOTH TEAMS LACKED URGENCY AND LOOKED UNFIT WHICH SEEMS TO CAUSE THE SLOW TEMPO OF THE GAME. GOOD CONTROL FROM EPSOM 9 AND THRU' PASS LEAD TO A WELL EXECUTED FINISH BY THE EPSOM NO. 8 (I THINK ?) AFTER ABOUT 10-15 MINS. . THEN THE GAME WENT INTO A DIRE LULL AND WITH HALF TIME APPROACHING, A SHOT BY CHERTSEY NO. 7 (I THINK......AGAIN !) WAS MIS-JUDGED BY THE EPSOM KEEPER ALLOWING THE BALL TO SQUEEZE JUST INSIDE THE POST. 1-1 HALF TIME

CHERTSEY HAD MORE OF THE POSSESSION IN THE SECOND HALF WITH THEIR NO. 9 AND BEST PLAYER HITTING THE POST WITH A FINE LEFT FOOT STRIKE, THEN A FINE SAVE BY THE EPSOM KEEPER FOILING THE CHERTSEY NO. 10. BUT WITH CHERTSEY PLAYERS ALL PUSHING FORWARD AND LACK OF DEFENSIVE COMMITTMENT, IT WAS EPSOM WHO WERE DANGEROUS ON THE COUNTER, SO IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT ASSISTED BY SOME POOR CHERTSEY DEFENDING, LED TO EPSOM SUB SCORING WHAT WAS TO BE THE WINNER. THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE EPSOM NO. 10 HITTING THE POST WITH HIS PENALTY IN THE DYING STAGES.

IN DESPERATION CHERTSEY SEEMED TO PUT 4 UP FRONT FOR THE LAST 10 MINS PUSHING FOR A WIN WHICH THEN BECAME A DRAW BUT TO NO AVAIL. HAVE TO SAY SOME OF THE CHERTSEY PLAYERS LOOKED DIS-INTERESTED, LACKED CONFIDENCE, AND ANY SPARK OR COMMITTMENT, ESPECIALLY AS THE GAME WAS COMING TO AN END, THAT MAYBE 'COS OF FITNESS LEVELS....... EPSOM ALSO, PROBABLY DUE TO LACK OF GAMES, SEEMED TO RUN OUT OF PUFF BUT MUST BE HAPPY WITH THE 3 POINTS.

NOTHING MUCH ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME REALLY SUMS IT UP, THE ONLY ATTRACTION OF NOTE WAS THE EPSOM 11'S SKILL AND COMPSURE ON THE BALL, BUT HE ALSO LOOKED UNFIT .........

SO CHERTSEY BOY, CHERTSEYTOWN WHERE DO YOU GO FROM HERE ? THATS 5 LOSES ON THE BOUNCE (INCLUDING THE FRIENDLY AGAINST LAMMAS) AND ONLY 2 WINS IN THE LAST 8 (INCLUDING CUP GAMES) WHICH IS NOT NOT CHAMPIONSHIP FORM. I BELIEVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR THE CURFEWS AND ALTHO' WE SAY THERE'S STILL ALONG WAY TO GO, THE TOP SPOT NOW LOOKS LIKELY TO ELUDE THEM ESPECIALLY WITH GUILFORD WINNING AGAIN ?

NICE GUY should have got yourself down to church road.....I did tell you!!

STILL YAWNING TUCKS !.............YOU'RE RIGHT I SHOULD HAVE LOOKING AT TRS VIDEO ..............

Chertsey 1.2 Epsom

Another poor Chertsey performance as they fall to yet another defeat, which surely now puts them out of the title race............

CHERTSEY BOY, SPOT ON !

I WAS THERE WATCHING IN HOPE OF AN EXCITING GAME, AND LEFT FEELING LET DOWN BY BOTH TEAMS. THE MATCH LACKED ANY URGENCY ALTHO' WAS MAKE DIFFICULT BY THE STRONG WIND. IN MY OPINION BOTH TEAMS LACKED URGENCY AND LOOKED UNFIT WHICH SEEMS TO CAUSE THE SLOW TEMPO OF THE GAME. GOOD CONTROL FROM EPSOM 9 AND THRU' PASS LEAD TO A WELL EXECUTED FINISH BY THE EPSOM NO. 8 (I THINK ?) AFTER ABOUT 10-15 MINS. . THEN THE GAME WENT INTO A DIRE LULL AND WITH HALF TIME APPROACHING, A SHOT BY CHERTSEY NO. 7 (I THINK......AGAIN !) WAS MIS-JUDGED BY THE EPSOM KEEPER ALLOWING THE BALL TO SQUEEZE JUST INSIDE THE POST. 1-1 HALF TIME

CHERTSEY HAD MORE OF THE POSSESSION IN THE SECOND HALF WITH THEIR NO. 9 AND BEST PLAYER HITTING THE POST WITH A FINE LEFT FOOT STRIKE, THEN A FINE SAVE BY THE EPSOM KEEPER FOILING THE CHERTSEY NO. 10. BUT WITH CHERTSEY PLAYERS ALL PUSHING FORWARD AND LACK OF DEFENSIVE COMMITTMENT, IT WAS EPSOM WHO WERE DANGEROUS ON THE COUNTER, SO IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT ASSISTED BY SOME POOR CHERTSEY DEFENDING, LED TO EPSOM SUB SCORING WHAT WAS TO BE THE WINNER. THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE EPSOM NO. 10 HITTING THE POST WITH HIS PENALTY IN THE DYING STAGES.

IN DESPERATION CHERTSEY SEEMED TO PUT 4 UP FRONT FOR THE LAST 10 MINS PUSHING FOR A WIN WHICH THEN BECAME A DRAW BUT TO NO AVAIL. HAVE TO SAY SOME OF THE CHERTSEY PLAYERS LOOKED DIS-INTERESTED, LACKED CONFIDENCE, AND ANY SPARK OR COMMITTMENT, ESPECIALLY AS THE GAME WAS COMING TO AN END, THAT MAYBE 'COS OF FITNESS LEVELS....... EPSOM ALSO, PROBABLY DUE TO LACK OF GAMES, SEEMED TO RUN OUT OF PUFF BUT MUST BE HAPPY WITH THE 3 POINTS.

NOTHING MUCH ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME REALLY SUMS IT UP, THE ONLY ATTRACTION OF NOTE WAS THE EPSOM 11'S SKILL AND COMPSURE ON THE BALL, BUT HE ALSO LOOKED UNFIT .........

SO CHERTSEY BOY, CHERTSEYTOWN WHERE DO YOU GO FROM HERE ? THATS 5 LOSES ON THE BOUNCE (INCLUDING THE FRIENDLY AGAINST LAMMAS) AND ONLY 2 WINS IN THE LAST 8 (INCLUDING CUP GAMES) WHICH IS NOT NOT CHAMPIONSHIP FORM. I BELIEVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR THE CURFEWS AND ALTHO' WE SAY THERE'S STILL ALONG WAY TO GO, THE TOP SPOT NOW LOOKS LIKELY TO ELUDE THEM ESPECIALLY WITH GUILFORD WINNING AGAIN ?

NICE GUY should have got yourself down to church road.....I did tell you!!

STILL YAWNING TUCKS !.............YOU'RE RIGHT I SHOULD HAVE LOOKING AT TRS VIDEO ..............

Great coverage by the TRS camera!! brilliant game to watch but not for me though. Farnham were a decent outfit all over and certainly the best attacking side we have played this season. Defensively both sides were poor and I always thought we could get something out of game. Defensive individual errors cost us and its something we need to work on. We hadnt conceded more than 2 in a game all season and looked shaky in conceding 4 yesterday. Bit of character to come back from 4-2 down but with Farleigh and Cobham next two games both away we must do better all over because we must win them two games to stand any chance of catching up.

Didn't realise u were there TRS but glad u were.don't score them too often! Glad it counted for something in the end. Hopefully u can add that to my best moments video that u were so kind to send me on my last birthday lol

Didn't realise u were there TRS but glad u were.don't score them too often! Glad it counted for something in the end. Hopefully u can add that to my best moments video that u were so kind to send me on my last birthday lol

Brunty you told me you score them week in week out when i was signing you!!

BRUNTY JUST LIKE YOUR BOYFRIEND JJ, WHALLOP AND HOPE ...........INFACT IT LOOKED LIKE A CROSS TO ME.......LOL !!!

The tackle at 5:45 on the TRS video is somewhat.... spirited... !!

It was the tackle timed at 8:10 on the vid that was a def penalty. We get that we go onto win the game!! ;)

Edited by Tucks1

Italian??

I'd say more Turkish looking.... bounce.gif

Thanks for not saying short and Turkish looking m8

Haha. I know what you look like now! How about...'Some hot greek looking guy'? cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Italian??

Haha. I know what you look like now! How about...'Some hot greek looking guy'? cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Next time I meet you I think I will have to be seated..... and no way will I bend over to pick up anything from the floor........................................

Italian??

Next time I meet you I think I will have to be seated..... and no way will I bend over to pick up anything from the floor........................................

Haha, don't worry it's not like that...Honest!

Wattsy the one who looks like Brad Fridel :)

Well people say that or Andrew Johnson, I'm probably faster than AJ though so no real comparrison! :smilewinkgrin:

Chertsey 1.2 Epsom

CHERTSEY BOY, SPOT ON !

NO REPLY ? WHERE'S YOUR USUAL HONEST ACCOUNT OF SATURDAY GAME CHERTSEYTOWN ?

Sheerwater 0-1 Westfield

Difficult pitch - even more difficult windy conditions. First half was largely unforgettable as we battled against the wind but defended well.

Second half was much better from both sides. We scored from a well worked corner which opened the game up. Could have had a couple more but missed 3 or 4 glorious chances. Sheers best efforts were from long range both well saved by this forums 'Henry' Frantic final 10 as the home side poured forward but we defended well and again had some great chances on the counter.

Seemed a more resolute and fitter Sheerwater then i've seen at times this season and with more new players I can see them moving away from danger

About right Mate, had o-o written all all over it, thought we played good football at times but no cutting edge, your goal opened the game up and you caught us on the break a few times the boys showed some b------ks and kept going and as you said brawls made two worldy,s to keep the score 1 nil. Still at the start of the game 2 no shows and 1 on the bench didnt help! onwards and hopefully upwards

Edited by loop

Croydon v Camberley match report can be found at http://www.croydon-fc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=240.0

Quote from report: "Anybody seeking a spectacle on this windy afternoon at the Arena would have been better of going to Dolland and Aitchison" :)

At least our Torquay United supporting Press officer had something to cheer!

Unlike last week NICEGUY I totally diasgree with this weeks assessment. I thought, after the first 10 minutes, we played really well and if it had not been for a MOM performance from their keeper and another terrible mistake in the last two minutes we should have won comfortably. Epsom, as you say and I agree are a very good side albeit inconsistantly and they worked hard on a soft pitch but in the second half in particular it was all one way traffic until the mistake in the last five minutes and not surprising our young heads went down and we should have conceded a late penalty too. The save Borg made from Papali was world class and he made at least two other great saves, we had a blatent penalty turned down and again we hit the post and had a number of other chances. Our performance was much better but at both ends of the field we failed and it is hard to take. I cant fault the players effort though but when things dont go for you they certainly dont. Another hard game against Johno and the Cove boys tomorrow, we have to keep working hard and taking each game at a time and see what happens