Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15/01/11

Warlingham 4-4 Farnham if your a neutral must have been a great game

Indeed it was. Mind you, Borelis Bar Maids may well be on later claiming it was actually 5-4 to Farnham......

Trs did u record the game today would like to see high lights from such a gd game

Yes I did ftfc. Were you at the game? If so, what did you make of the goal that wasn'

Trs what did you make of the game itself?

From were I was standing if you were looking at the goal with no stand I was to the left, I feel it was a sure goal what baffles me isn't the linesman suppost to check the net before the game? Will gd to see on the high lights how blatant or not to the ref it was

It actually curled in, it looked as if it was going just wide then bent in, and yes of course the nets should have been checked but was probably forgotten about with the late arrival of the lino

Warlingham 4-4 Farnham if your a neutral must have been a great game

Indeed it was. Mind you, Borelis Bar Maids may well be on later claiming it was actually 5-4 to Farnham......

Trs did u record the game today would like to see high lights from such a gd game

Yes I did ftfc. Were you at the game? If so, what did you make of the goal that wasn't?

From were I was standing if you were looking at the goal with no stand I was to the left, I feel it was a sure goal what baffles me isn't the linesman suppost to check the net before the game? Will gd to see on the high lights how blatant or not to the ref it was

It actually curled in, it looked as if it was going just wide then bent in, and yes of course the nets should have been checked but was probably forgotten about with the late arrival of the lino

Net was 100% checked by the Lino before game. I think to be honest he checked cross bar and posts and the hole in the net was at the 'back' of net.

Chobham 2 v 2 Staines Lammas

Lammas absolutely battered Chobham in the first half and had no fewer than 11 good opportunities to score, only 2-1 at half time then an error by our keeper gifted them an equaliser after 87 minutes.

Definitely 2 points dropped and looking at the other div 1 results today, it's even more disappointing that we did not win..

Good day for Bedfont Sports though and they didn't even play today..

Guildford City 4-0 Molve Valley SCR

MVSCR missed 5 one on one's in the 1st half, one in the 1st minute saved by the home keeper who made another great save from one of the other chances later in the half, with Guildford having the majority of the pressure,1-0 at half time as City score on 41 mins,. MVSCR had one cleared off the line early in the second half but it was Guildford who took their chances one from the spot another a free kick and although looked a little off the pace at the back in the 1st half where much stronger in the second and MV had limited chances, City where lively and strong going forward and took their goals well.

Teffs, didn't get to the game, instead ended up watching our ressies lose to Farleigh in a shocking game (ended up with a Farleigh player being sent off for biting one of our lads).

Spoke to our boss, and he pretty much said we missed a few chances in the first half, and probably should have gone in ahead, instead we found ourselves behind. From all accounts we never got going in the second half and got what we deserved. He did say though, that he was surprised that there was no delay when some of the floodlights failed, especially as only half of the half we were defending was lit.

MVSCR missed 5 one on one's in the 1st half, one in the 1st minute saved by the home keeper who made another great save from one of the other chances later in the half, with Guildford having the majority of the pressure,1-0 at half time as City score on 41 mins,. MVSCR had one cleared off the line early in the second half but it was Guildford who took their chances one from the spot another a free kick and although looked a little off the pace at the back in the 1st half where much stronger in the second and MV had limited chances, City where lively and strong going forward and took their goals well.

Teffs, didn't get to the game, instead ended up watching our ressies lose to Farleigh in a shocking game (ended up with a Farleigh player being sent off for biting one of our lads).

Spoke to our boss, and he pretty much said we missed a few chances in the first half, and probably should have gone in ahead, instead we found ourselves behind. From all accounts we never got going in the second half and got what we deserved. He did say though, that he was surprised that there was no delay when some of the floodlights failed, especially as only half of the half we were defending was lit.

Went to watch the Cobham V Frimley Green game today as part of a scouting mission :smilewinkgrin: for our trip to Frimley next weekend.

Played on a sticky pitch both teams tried to play the passing game but at times (wind also not helping) the football was terrible. Cobham took and early lead and were completely dominating them game and everyone was expecting the second Cobham goal. However, football being football Frimley started to get into the game about ten minutes before the half time. During this time they turned the game on it's head scoring a scrappy goal from a corner and then a delighful finish from the young forward lobbing the ball over the onrushing keeper (not YHW, he was in the stand jizzing over the Woking score).

Second half was as open as a Blackpool match, with the next goal being vital. Cobham got that goal ten minutes into the half thanks to a scrappy own goal. I expected Cobham to go on with tails up and win 4/5-2 but this wasn't the case. Follow what looked like (and can't be sure) a disgusting lunge tackle from the Cobham 11, there was an outbreak of handbags and the Frimley skipper reacting with a hand around the throat. After the referee made and rediculous scene out of it running 50 yards away from the incident to decide his actions, he rightly dismissed both players, something he took nearly seven minutes to do!!

Passes and shots were being forced and steaming forward left themselves open for Frimley to possibly nick it and going into the final fifteen minutes there was always one more goal left. Both side had half chances and just when it looked set for a draw, Cobham created a quality football move and the ball was bundled home from a Frimley defender in the 94th of 96 minutes.

A much changed Cobham side this season and they have A LOT of potential, if they stay together they're a team for the future, even for their small size!! Frimley had two or three decent players and will get beat a lot this season, good spirit though but without those couple of decent players they're certain strugglers!

Edited by Wattsy

Sorry JJ but Brunty's worldy was better :excited: although not as important.

I have to disagree with importance Molly ....it was f***ing important at the time!! lol

Chertsey 1.2 Epsom

Another poor Chertsey performance as they fall to yet another defeat, which surely now puts them out of the title race............

CHERTSEY BOY, SPOT ON !

I WAS THERE WATCHING IN HOPE OF AN EXCITING GAME, AND LEFT FEELING LET DOWN BY BOTH TEAMS. THE MATCH LACKED ANY URGENCY ALTHO' WAS MAKE DIFFICULT BY THE STRONG WIND. IN MY OPINION BOTH TEAMS LACKED URGENCY AND LOOKED UNFIT WHICH SEEMS TO CAUSE THE SLOW TEMPO OF THE GAME. GOOD CONTROL FROM EPSOM 9 AND THRU' PASS LEAD TO A WELL EXECUTED FINISH BY THE EPSOM NO. 8 (I THINK ?) AFTER ABOUT 10-15 MINS. . THEN THE GAME WENT INTO A DIRE LULL AND WITH HALF TIME APPROACHING, A SHOT BY CHERTSEY NO. 7 (I THINK......AGAIN !) WAS MIS-JUDGED BY THE EPSOM KEEPER ALLOWING THE BALL TO SQUEEZE JUST INSIDE THE POST. 1-1 HALF TIME

CHERTSEY HAD MORE OF THE POSSESSION IN THE SECOND HALF WITH THEIR NO. 9 AND BEST PLAYER HITTING THE POST WITH A FINE LEFT FOOT STRIKE, THEN A FINE SAVE BY THE EPSOM KEEPER FOILING THE CHERTSEY NO. 10. BUT WITH CHERTSEY PLAYERS ALL PUSHING FORWARD AND LACK OF DEFENSIVE COMMITTMENT, IT WAS EPSOM WHO WERE DANGEROUS ON THE COUNTER, SO IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT ASSISTED BY SOME POOR CHERTSEY DEFENDING, LED TO EPSOM SUB SCORING WHAT WAS TO BE THE WINNER. THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE EPSOM NO. 10 HITTING THE POST WITH HIS PENALTY IN THE DYING STAGES.

IN DESPERATION CHERTSEY SEEMED TO PUT 4 UP FRONT FOR THE LAST 10 MINS PUSHING FOR A WIN WHICH THEN BECAME A DRAW BUT TO NO AVAIL. HAVE TO SAY SOME OF THE CHERTSEY PLAYERS LOOKED DIS-INTERESTED, LACKED CONFIDENCE, AND ANY SPARK OR COMMITTMENT, ESPECIALLY AS THE GAME WAS COMING TO AN END, THAT MAYBE 'COS OF FITNESS LEVELS....... EPSOM ALSO, PROBABLY DUE TO LACK OF GAMES, SEEMED TO RUN OUT OF PUFF BUT MUST BE HAPPY WITH THE 3 POINTS.

NOTHING MUCH ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME REALLY SUMS IT UP, THE ONLY ATTRACTION OF NOTE WAS THE EPSOM 11'S SKILL AND COMPSURE ON THE BALL, BUT HE ALSO LOOKED UNFIT .........

SO CHERTSEY BOY, CHERTSEYTOWN WHERE DO YOU GO FROM HERE ? THATS 5 LOSES ON THE BOUNCE (INCLUDING THE FRIENDLY AGAINST LAMMAS) AND ONLY 2 WINS IN THE LAST 8 (INCLUDING CUP GAMES) WHICH IS NOT NOT CHAMPIONSHIP FORM. I BELIEVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR THE CURFEWS AND ALTHO' WE SAY THERE'S STILL ALONG WAY TO GO, THE TOP SPOT NOW LOOKS LIKELY TO ELUDE THEM ESPECIALLY WITH GUILFORD WINNING AGAIN ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Yeah forgot to mention that Briggs, lights went out about 5 mins or so into the second half, still light enough and the far side lights started coming back on within a minute or so, the stand side took longer but thought it was still light enough with only half light on at that point, would have been more interesting to see what the ref would have done if the stand side had not come back,

Went to watch the Cobham V Frimley Green game today as part of a scouting mission :smilewinkgrin: for our trip to Frimley next weekend.

Played on a sticky pitch both teams tried to play the passing game but at times (wind also not helping) the football was terrible. Cobham took and early lead and were completely dominating them game and everyone was expecting the second Cobham goal. However, football being football Frimley started to get into the game about ten minutes before the half time. During this time they turned the game on it's head scoring a scrappy goal from a corner and then a delighful finish from the young forward lobbing the ball over the onrushing keeper (not YHW, he was in the stand jizzing over the Woking score).

Second half was as open as a Blackpool match, with the next goal being vital. Cobham got that goal ten minutes into the half thanks to a scrappy own goal. I expected Cobham to go on with tails up and win 4/5-2 but this wasn't the case. Follow what looked like (and can't be sure) a disgusting lunge tackle from the Cobham 11, there was an outbreak of handbags and the Frimley skipper reacting with a hand around the throat. After the referee made and rediculous scene out of it running 50 yards away from the incident to decide his actions, he rightly dismissed both players, something he took nearly seven minutes to do!!

Passes and shots were being forced and steaming forward left themselves open for Frimley to possibly nick it and going into the final fifteen minutes there was always one more goal left. Both side had half chances and just when it looked set for a draw, Cobham created a quality football move and the ball was bundled home from a Frimley defender in the 94th of 96 minutes.

A much changed Cobham side this season and they have A LOT of potential, if they stay together they're a team for the future, even for their small size!! Frimley had two or three decent players and will get beat a lot this season, good spirit though but without those couple of decent players they're certain strugglers!

I too was at this match .Poor game with probably the right result. Were u the loon in the stand son, shouting at everything that went on.............

A nine...ahem eight goal thriller in Whyteleafe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wix72ODN0tQ

Cracking game and great coverage as usual TRS.

Was the ball within the quadrant for the corner leading to Wars 2nd goal ?

Cameo from Smudge too smilewinkgrin.gif

Nice to see Smudge... BBMaid u have too much curl in your feet mate...Great goal that was not given I think the keeper and the players reaction says it all.....

Nice to see Smudge... BBMaid u have too much curl in your feet mate...Great goal that was not given I think the keeper and the players reaction says it all.....

VERY TRUE WEEBS, ESPECIALLY THE WARLS KEEPER.................. WHO THEN NONCHALANTLY PUT THE BALL DOWN FOR A GOAL KICK THINKING HEY, GOT AWAY WITH THAT !!!!!

VERY TRUE WEEBS, ESPECIALLY THE WARLS KEEPER.................. WHO THEN NONCHALANTLY PUT THE BALL DOWN FOR A GOAL KICK THINKING HEY, GOT AWAY WITH THAT !!!!!

Cor Brunty take a bow son! Cor Farnham u boys were robbed!!! could that be a crucial moment in the title race? TRS you should have ran down there and shown the ref the footage of the goal, its clear as rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too was at this match .Poor game with probably the right result. Were u the loon in the stand son, shouting at everything that went on.............

Haha, no I wasn't he was a pillock! I believe he is one of the Cobham forwards. I remember marking him last year and he's got far too much mouth for someone so young, it'll get him into trouble one day!!

Where were you with? I was the other end of the stand in a black coat and a grey hat on

Chobham 2-2 Lammas

Well Tucks you were right in the predictor but it wasnt a 2-2 game, Ellers got it spot on we had 11 fantastic opportunitys to go well well well clear infront at halftime, goin with the wind. We knew it werent guna be our day when our top scorer is clean through on goal, the keeper has gone back on his line and moves well over to the right of it, Baldock is on the penalty spot with the left hand side calling his name, it takes a little bobble admittingly but goes to side foot it and it went on the road behind the goal, The Crowd were laughing, i was aswell to be fair it was terrible, but we had at least another 6 or 7 good opportunities like that to add but our forwards think there premiership players and try the fancy shots, just srtike the FECKING ball man!!!!!!!!!! we go in 2-1 through Richard brightwell and Jamie smithers. Second half Chobham have the wind and probably had 2 attempts on goal and then equalise at the death when our keeper comes for a cross and its goes through his hands and straight to the forwards feet. Cheers thanks for coming!! Then you know it aint guna be your year but its been like that all season, getting beaten by mistakes, can only really say we been outplayed and beaten by two teams without mistakes and that was warlingham and Eversley!