Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rey arrives at Colwyn Bay

COLWYN Bay manager Dave Challinor has completed the signing of striker Aaron Rey from Chorley.

In a busy period of player movement the signing comes as a boost to the squad as Max Power has been recalled by Tranmere, while Jack Mackreth is also ruled out after suffering an injury while training with his parent club.

Midfielder Joe O’Sullivan has joined Witton Albion while striker Alex Titchiner also joins the Cheshire club on-loan in a bid to secure more game time.

Goalkeeper Danny Roberts, who made only two appearances for the Bay, has now joined Leek Town in Evo-Stik Division One South following the return of Chris Sanna from Chester.

The Bay manager told the club’s website: “I’m delighted to have finally secured Aaron’s signature.

“Aaron is a player I tried to sign when he left Prescot for Chorley but he had already committed to Gary Flitcroft, so to get him in now is a boost for the squad as we enter a critical part of the season.

“Aaron has been away over Christmas so hasn’t played competitively for four or five weeks so it may take him a couple of weeks to get his fitness back. In saying that, he has trained with us twice and has looked really sharp. He’s a player who will provide us with something a little bit different from what we’ve already got; he’s strong, quick, powerful and direct and will certainly give us another goal threat.

“Although we have a number of strikers at the minute with Noon, Newby, Hopley, and Davey and now Aaron, Rob Hopley’s loan runs out in two weeks so it’s vital we have options at the top end of the pitch as we go into the second half of the season. Colin and myself are really looking forward to working with Aaron, I’m sure he’ll enjoy his time here and be made to feel very welcome.”

View the full article