Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thank you for memories

Geggy

Well all over; now just memories. All absolutely gutted. Not nice having supporters in tears today. Time to concentrate on future and look to reform gonna be some tough seasons ahead. But everyone in it together we did it before when we were relegated three years on the trot we can do it again. Time to stay positive and look to future put all energies into creating something new and vibrant for our town. This club has created friendships for life. Windsor & Eton FC thank you for all the memories.  

Absolutely devastated, seen and experienced so much down there and now it is no more. But the thing is we can either wallow in self pity or take this to the next level and make it work for us.

We can start the new club with a fresh ethos and a more solid foundation. I really hope this isn't the end for a Windsor based football club as i have made many friends and there is so much still to give for a community based club.

I agree wholeheartedly with Gegg, the club has given me some truly fantastic memories that I will never forget, and for that I am grateful, I look forward to more memories.......

Myself and my brother have only been attending regularly this season, but have been coming down to Stag Meadow now and then for a few years, so I guess that I'm not so qualified to be as sad and emotional as the majority who have been supporting the club for many years, but I speak for both of us, when I say how much we have enjoyed our unfortunately brief time supporting the club, as we have been made to feel extremely welcome this season. We have got to know a number of people, and it will be sad to not see everyone at least for the rest of this season. We both feel absolutely gutted (although not surprised) about this news, so I can't even start to imagine (and it would be disrespectful to guess) how you guys are feeling right now.

It truly is a wonderful football club and the true embodiment of the non league game, so I hope that a new club will rise successfully from the ashes of it's predecessor. As my brother said to me earlier (he's away for the weekend so unfortunately misssed what was now our last game) when I called him with the sad news, 'It doesn't really matter what league The Royalists start in next season - I'll be there'.

Amen to that.

Having tried to digest tonights new over the past 7 hours, while working at what could be the last function at the club for a while, I still don't really know how I feel.

Disappointed, angry, upset or a feeling of acceptance of something that has been hanging over us for what seems like an eternity.

All I will say is that there is now a big hole in life as a club that I have been associated with for the past 28 years as both supporter and worker is now no more.

We will all have our own memories of both high and low points but whatever those memories are I am sure that in one form or another Windsor & Eton FC will rise again next season and albeit in a lower league they will soon be back where they belong hopefully not to repeat the same mistakes.

I believe that plans are in place to hopefully keep the hall and bar open even if the footballing side of things is closed down so in order to build a stable footing for the phoenix that WILL rise from the ashes I hope to see everyone pitch in and support any function that the club puts on.

Here's to a new begining and the next 118 years!!

Hi,

I am someone who now lives in Poole (Poole Town Season Ticket Holder) but used to live in Slough and I would like to tell you how sorry I am to hear the news. This is no time for recriminations or I told you so, You all probably have some idea what went wrong.

You have a number of choices now:

1. Reform at a lower level. It will be a drop to Step 5 minimum. As I understand it you pay a peppercorn rent for Stag Lane so get organised and make sure you get the rights to the ground.

2. Get an accountant and a solicitor on the board.

3. You might not like this but offer Slough Town a new ground share until there new ground is ready. You need some income as soon as.

4. A merger? Windsor Slough and Eton FC anyone?

Lastly and most important learn from the mistakes. Chase reality not dreams. Mal316..you know what I mean.

Best of Luck and if you want to flame me be my guest but you would be better served by organising the new club.

Edited by secretdolphin

From a Slough Town supporter to all Windsor FC fans,I'm truly sorry to see your club fold,as many of the genuine non-league fans are.

I enjoyed our ground share period and always thought that a possible merger between the two clubs could have enhanced both teams as Dagenham and Redbridge and to a lesser extent,Hayes and Yeading have proved. I know this idea is deeply unpopular with some supporters but the pulling of resources could have benefited us both,if people weren't so prejudiced and blinkered.

However,this wasn't to be but as our club[slough Town] has proven,sometimes starting afresh is the best way forward and a way of bringing the REAL supporters together and to focus our energies on the right way to run a non-league club.

So from this fan,the very best of luck for the future Windsor Football Club.

Hi,

I am someone who now lives in Poole (Poole Town Season Ticket Holder) but used to live in Slough and I would like to tell you how sorry I am to hear the news. This is no time for recriminations or I told you so, You all probably have some idea what went wrong.

You have a number of choices now:

1. Reform at a lower level. It will be a drop to Step 5 minimum. As I understand it you pay a peppercorn rent for Stag Lane so get organised and make sure you get the rights to the ground.

2. Get an accountant and a solicitor on the board.

3. You might not like this but offer Slough Town a new ground share until there new ground is ready. You need some income as soon as.

4. A merger? Windsor Slough and Eton FC anyone?

Lastly and most important learn from the mistakes. Chase reality not dreams. Mal316..you know what I mean.

Best of Luck and if you want to flame me be my guest but you would be better served by organising the new club.

Sorry for the cods up. Of course I meant Stag Meadow not Stag Lane

Like Smedders i'm a AFC Totton fan I would like to say how sad i am to hear that your club has gone under. Over the last few years we had some great games both at your place and at Totton.

I would like to wish all the best for the future and hopefully we will meet up again.

Les

Edited by afctotton

Can't believe that this day has come. I regret not going to the Cirencester game last week, and meeting Fuzzy Royal (whoever you may be?) memories of some great times at the club, FA cup runs, nights in Terry Hall etc

Glad my son had a chance to play at

Stag Meadow.

Best wishes to you all,

Sean Hoskin

Like everyone else I'm absolutely gutted. It’s probably been made worse by the fact things have been going so well on the pitch. What seems to have gone on off the pitch feels almost criminal. 118 years of history consigned to the bin.

It feels like having your pet put down, you can go out and get a new one and no doubt over time will forge a new bond with it, but it’s never quite the same. RIP Windsor & Eton FC.

As Geggy said friendships have been formed that will last a lifetime. I remember at my wedding reception a couple of years back I looked around the room and it dawned on me that about 80% of the people I had invited I knew either directly or in-directly as a result of WEFC.

Hopefully we can rise from the phoenix and hopefully lessons will be learned not just by us but all clubs who rely on the generosity of a benefactor. The situation is not sustainable and clubs need to realize that that the good times won’t last forever and at some stage some sense of a reality check needs to kick in. Clubs need to become becoming self sufficient and cut costs even if that means playing a level or 2 lower than they are used to, its the only way of guaranteeing their long term survival.

Sad Sad News I too am truly gutted ...words can not be said of how you must all feel , right now...

but come back stronger and healthier !

you will be back ,

you've got some good people around you ! work together and get your-self's sorted out ..

and see you soon...

chris sliski personally.

Can't believe that this day has come. I regret not going to the Cirencester game last week, and meeting Fuzzy Royal (whoever you may be?) memories of some great times at the club, FA cup runs, nights in Terry Hall etc

Glad my son had a chance to play at

Stag Meadow.

Best wishes to you all,

Sean Hoskin

Sean, its Neil Mounch. You bumped into my dad at a Cinderford game and he mentioned you were there and thought I would say hello when we visited. Seems strange that your son is playing as it feels like not that long ago we cheered on a Ryman Prem side.

Good luck for the future

Neil

Well have to say gutted by the news is an understatement!!!!!!! Was at the game yesterday and now feels so surreal that now I will not be able to see Windsor & Eton FC play again. Have watched the team sparingly over the years but over the last few seasons have been a regular and really enjoyed some great games and at times football that was better than the standard suggested. I remember the game against Slough that we won 6-2 ( sorry Slough fans) then I was hooked and started to go most weeks. I think it is so sad that for all the people associated with the club the volunteers who help run the club and all associated with running events the life blood of the club must feel massively let down by the events of the last few years which has culminated with the death of a truely great non league club. Lets look to the future and start a new club like many have said learn from mistakes of the past to build a new club with a solvent and solid ethos that promotes football not just in Windsor but the surrounding areas. With the plans that were mooted for the future of our once great club can be used for a phoenix club then we would already be better off!!!! So heres to the future however uncertain it may look right now and I will be there on the terraces watching a new team in whatever league we start in !!!!!

Heartwarming to read so many messages about the demise of the Club, especially those from other clubs.

I first came to the ground in the Spring of 1978 and was st ruck by the welcoming atmosphere, good standard of football (Athenian days), great clubhouse, easy access and parking and a fair-sized crowd. Perhaps it was my upbringing of being a Fulham fan - the warmth and friendliness of a small club. So glad I stayed and, over the years, got more involved. There are plenty of superb people who run this club voluntarily - always the trademarkmark of non-league football over money-making, big league sides. It's being so close to the action, the ability to chat to the players and manager, the appreciation of people who work all week, then don the red shirt and play their heart out.

We've had plenty of success in my time supporting the club. We've had massive crowds just for league games, won titles, cups and trophies but it's the accolades from other clubs and supporters that matter more. Their appreciation of the ground, location, hospitality, pitch and people makes it all worthwhile.

Yes, it's so sad to see those memories washed down the drain (unlike the pools in the car park when it rains), but the strength of feeling amongst all the loyal supporters, together with the determination to return better-suited to the modern era of sustainability that can provide a really attractive challenge. We need to encourage young support to leave their computers and enjoy the excitement of the real thing. The thought of starting at a lower level and having to win titles to return to this level and higher is already whetting my appetite.

We can do it. We have the will. We have a new leadership prepared to invest. We have a wonderful range of talents amongst the supporters. We have 5 months to rebuild stronger foundations, attract more people and start again next season. We'll do it.

In the meantime, Thank You to Dave,. Byron and all the players for sticking with it to the bitter end. That was much appreciated.