Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's match report

Dagger03

That is a shame. Assume Romford are local (not checked my map, so apologies) - just ignore them, probably just on a wind up. You have to have thick skin in life.

You are missing out on many readers.

You implied that someone else perhaps could post it, that would be great. That way the OP would not be directly responded to.

We need the report on the forum,it's not fair on fans who only read the forum like myself

IMO fans should take the trouble to read the official AFCH website. Obviously quite a few people do because since I have been doing the job (three and a half seasons) we have had over half a million hits. How much trouble is it to check our site now and again? Two clicks and you see the match report.

dagger won't post it on here himself because some naughty romford fans mocked him,he is not being rude(well maybe he is lol) he just doesn't put them up anymore to then be had a go at lol

I cant imagine any Romford fans mocking him as we are all far too nice, and to be honest the only time anyone would be remotely interested in reading them would be if they concerned a team we would be playing in the near future.

It's no trouble sid but some people do not and it's a fact,I probably go on there once a week and because I mainly use my I phone I find that the website is very slow as it's not I phone friendly,it took me 5 minutes to get the fixtures up the other day.

Saying all that,the match reports should be on here for fans to discuss as that's what fans do

dagger won't post it on here himself because some naughty romford fans mocked him,he is not being rude(well maybe he is lol) he just doesn't put them up anymore to then be had a go at lol

I cant imagine any Romford fans mocking him as we are all far too nice, and to be honest the only time anyone would be remotely interested in reading them would be if they concerned a team we would be playing in the near future.

Coup put something on here earlier which wasn't nice,not really into deleting things but it was unprovoked and not pleasant so it was deleted

It's no trouble sid but some people do not and it's a fact,I probably go on there once a week and because I mainly use my I phone I find that the website is very slow as it's not I phone friendly,it took me 5 minutes to get the fixtures up the other day.

Saying all that,the match reports should be on here for fans to discuss as that's what fans do

Serious suggestion - how about posting match reports on the AFCH Supporters Association website? The site is locked to 'outsiders'

Sorry Sid disagree.

Any secret place means folks like me and prospective fans cannot read it. It also divides fans.

Your website is slow sorry, and hate to say it difficult to use. :( Sites have to work well with a mobile phone and the central scroll box does not. However appreciate the effort put in by the webmaster, looking at many sites it is kept up to date, which always helps. I do not think it would take much to bring it up to date to work with mobile phones.

Maybe you need to look at a different host - not sure who they use here, but perhaps the owners here (Ian?) could offer hosting for sale which might benefit your club and help pay for costs here. That is if they use their own server, which I am guessing they do.

Sorry rabbiting again.

(sorry had to edit as got some strange characters)

Edited by Ground Hopper

Sid - I am perfectly happy for reports to go on the OFFICIAL supporters association web site, but reports should really go onto the club's web site. I would suggest that if a counter could be put onto the HFC web site we would know how many times it is accessed. Only a handful of people read the fans forum, and almost all of them prefer to remain anonymous. The only place for news should be the official web site.

The official supporters association website is only open to members, which in turn will hopefully attract a few more members.

The supporters association is not cheap to join - £20 for adults - though quite reasonable for senior citizens and juniors (£7.50 and £5 respectively). As we are now half way through the season we are offering membership for the rest of the season at half the normal price.

All members get an exclusive limited edition badge (and there is no other way to get it, as it has never appeared on ebay), and all members are eligible for the monthly £30 draw.

The supporters association has exceeded last season's total by a considerable margin, and as word gets around of the benefits more and more are joining. And more to the point the limited edition badge is now almost sold out, and it will not be reproduced.

Other benefits this season included free coach travel to Margate for the trophy match, a special £50 Xmas draw, and the supporters association also supports the football club financially.

Re-the official supporters association website, yes, this would be out of bounds for Ground Hopper, but it would also be out of bounds for some of the persons who post insulting remarks anonymously on this forum. I would suggest there is an easy solution to this, and that is to join the Supporters Association.

Edited by Dagger03

Sorry Sid disagree.

Any secret place means folks like me and prospective fans cannot read it. It also divides fans.

Your website is slow sorry, and hate to say it difficult to use. :( Sites have to work well with a mobile phone and the central scroll box does not. However appreciate the effort put in by the webmaster, looking at many sites it is kept up to date, which always helps. I do not think it would take much to bring it up to date to work with mobile phones.

Maybe you need to look at a different host - not sure who they use here, but perhaps the owners here (Ian?) could offer hosting for sale which might benefit your club and help pay for costs here. That is if they use their own server, which I am guessing they do.

Sorry rabbiting again.

(sorry had to edit as got some strange characters)

Not sure why the site appears slow, as I actually host it! - although the club does not pay for it, so it does not help my costs. It is on the same server as these forums, so it can only be the code behind the pages - I used to run it, but pulled out 3 years ago. Sid does a great job though.

The fixtures should be okay now - they used to be unreadable as you cannot scroll down on a central box on a phone, so take your point there. Although have not tried it recently.

You can get all the league fixtures for Hornchurch on this site - http://www.afch.co.uk (direct URL) but you will need to use the full browser on your phone as currently we do not support a dedicated mobile skin on that part of the site at the moment.

Am sure someone will repost the reports here if there is the demand - it would help to publicise the club as it would get picked up quicker by search engines etc. But that is up to Rob etc.

Re-the official supporters association website, yes, this would be out of bounds for Ground Hopper, but it would also be out of bounds for some of the persons who post insulting remarks anonymously on this forum. I would suggest there is an easy solution to this, and that is to join the Supporters Association.

Dagger - nobody posts anonymous on these forums - you have to sign up. :)

If there are insulting comments - always use the report button - we act quickly when posts are flagged up.

We cannot read every posts, so apologies if someone was rude.

I personally miss reading your reports, as I am sure do many others. I can always set you up so that you can lock your post from comments if you wish after posting.