Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL HT & FT SCORES 12/02/11

AFC Wimbledon Res 2-0 Bookham Res - Surrey Premier Cup (Quarter final)

I was an assistant referee on this one. Mr Critchlow had the middle. AFC Wimbledon certainly had the run of it. That said, Bookham certainly had their chances so it could have been 2-2 and going into ET.

Had Bookham 'come to fight' ? None of the suspect tackles happened near me but I think they were just trying to compensate for being outplayed rather than anything malicious.

As I posted the results on here, which is something I try to do regularly in one post, I feel the need to explain the results usually come from Footballmitoo and can often be wrong. However these results were taken from the forum results and checked on mitoo.

Apologies if they are wrong.

Horley Town 1 Egham 0

More often than not this sort of scoreline does not reflect the true outcome of its match. Same applies here.

This was one great game of football I would suggest from a spectators perspective.

With key personnel absent from the starting line up of Horley it was thought that this game was going to be tough. Scripts are there to be changed and in this instance none so more.

The lads were chomping at the bit from the moment they arrived at the club, this following a training session on Thursday evening being full of smiles and laughter between all those involved.

Kick off arrived and from the very first tackle you just knew we were in for a feisty one. With a change of formation and player positions altering from our previous match it was of surprise how the lads seemed unfazed and begun to settle down immediately. Egham looked lively from the whistle in particular their wing play initially causing a few problems albeit the full backs soon had this under control. The defensive pairing in the centre completely had the Egham frontline sewn up with the frustrations clearly about to boil over, thus an early caution for their 10.

Physically the game matured with tackles flying in from both sides. This type of game obviously gets everyones blood pumping including the dugouts of which I for one throughly enjoyed the banter. Can I just comment on why do the opposition SUBSTITUTES get so agitated, it not our fault they are not playing. wink.gif

Half time came with the scoreline 0 - 0

The dressing room was buzzing with the passionate first half display and the lads really pumped up for the second half.

The approach was the same with possession of the ball increasing in our favour as the match progressed. For us to make substitutions so early into the second half is a great credit to the shifts that had been put in so far. This is what we have always asked, you aint out there for the 90 mins but to give all you can the time that you are.

I had now begun to lose count of the cautions having been shown to our opposition as they continually became frustrated at the dominance before them. Personally I have seen local derbys not as fiery as this encounter. THEN it happened............

Our centre back cheaply hands over possesion with our shape amiss, their forward now has a clear path at goal with our keeper advancing at pace. We all know what happens next, forwards shot hit our keepers chest outside the box, Ref handball, keeper sent off, Horley down to 10.

Egham now upped their own game but Horley continued to defend as a unit. The work ethic was second to none as we finally got our reward for the hard graft. Egham centre back (4) had enjoyed the tussle with our big man up top all game. It was the pace of our youngster that finally undone him though. A cool slot home to the keepers right ensured a fantastic finale.

Tempers continued to flare up resulting in Egham being reduced to 10 also before our striker ( stand in keeper ) pulled off a stunning save tipping the fierce shot onto the crossbar. The pressure expected from Egham did not materalise and the result was a fine home win.

To defend as a solid unit and press the ball so sharply today was a pleasure to be involved with.

Handbags were promised during the game and yes they came at the end.

A joyous celebration followed of which has been lacking of recent times, a general togetherness was shown and it was visable that it made a terrific difference throughout the matchday.

I think it hurt Egham as they decided to damage property of which they duly compensated before they left our ground. welcome.gif

I know its all too easy saying this when you have won BUT the officals were SUPERB. OH !!!!! AND HE WAS BEING ASSESSED !!!!!!

Chertsey v Guildford Highlights

Great highlights as usual TRS, but still painful to watch.

Still struggling to see how that second goal isn't offside, but ultimately Chertsey deserved the win so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Edited by Guildford Sweeney

Horley Town 1 Egham 0

More often than not this sort of scoreline does not reflect the true outcome of its match. Same applies here.

This was one great game of football I would suggest from a spectators perspective.

With key personnel absent from the starting line up of Horley it was thought that this game was going to be tough. Scripts are there to be changed and in this instance none so more.

The lads were chomping at the bit from the moment they arrived at the club, this following a training session on Thursday evening being full of smiles and laughter between all those involved.

Kick off arrived and from the very first tackle you just knew we were in for a feisty one. With a change of formation and player positions altering from our previous match it was of surprise how the lads seemed unfazed and begun to settle down immediately. Egham looked lively from the whistle in particular their wing play initially causing a few problems albeit the full backs soon had this under control. The defensive pairing in the centre completely had the Egham frontline sewn up with the frustrations clearly about to boil over, thus an early caution for their 10.

Physically the game matured with tackles flying in from both sides. This type of game obviously gets everyones blood pumping including the dugouts of which I for one throughly enjoyed the banter. Can I just comment on why do the opposition SUBSTITUTES get so agitated, it not our fault they are not playing. wink.gif

The dressing room was buzzing with the passionate first half display and the lads really pumped up for the second half.

The approach was the same with possession of the ball increasing in our favour as the match progressed. For us to make substitutions so early into the second half is a great credit to the shifts that had been put in so far. This is what we have always asked, you aint out there for the 90 mins but to give all you can the time that you are.

I had now begun to lose count of the cautions having been shown to our opposition as they continually became frustrated at the dominance before them. Personally I have seen local derbys not as fiery as this encounter. THEN it happened............

Our centre back cheaply hands over possesion with our shape amiss, their forward now has a clear path at goal with our keeper advancing at pace. We all know what happens next, forwards shot hit our keepers chest outside the box, Ref handball, keeper sent off, Horley down to 10.

Egham now upped their own game but Horley continued to defend as a unit. The work ethic was second to none as we finally got our reward for the hard graft. Egham centre back (4) had enjoyed the tussle with our big man up top all game. It was the pace of our youngster that finally undone him though. A cool slot home to the keepers right ensured a fantastic finale.

Tempers continued to flare up resulting in Egham being reduced to 10 also before our striker ( stand in keeper ) pulled off a stunning save tipping the fierce shot onto the crossbar. The pressure expected from Egham did not materalise and the result was a fine home win.

To defend as a solid unit and press the ball so sharply today was a pleasure to be involved with.

A joyous celebration followed of which has been lacking of recent times, a general togetherness was shown and it was visable that it made a terrific difference throughout the matchday.

I think it hurt Egham as they decided to damage property of which they duly compensated before they left our ground. welcome.gif

I know its all too easy saying this when you have won BUT the officals were SUPERB. OH !!!!! AND HE WAS BEING ASSESSED !!!!!!

In reply to the above skewed, one-eyed report here is another. What a wonderful set of neanderthals you have in your management team! It is entirely understandable that if a sub sees a playing team mate being bashed about or a contentious decision go against his side he will comment. He does not, as one of your management team seem to think, have to wait until he is on the pitch before he can say anything. Was that the same muppet who said "bye bye 10" when he (our Martin Randall) was having a go at your 5 (Liam Cox) in response to being kicked? When your keeper got sent off it was for handball outside the box and not because the ball hit his chest. If the referee, who was, let's be candid here, crap, and let your muppets on and off the pitch get to him all game, was so superb then why would he send the keeper off if the ball had hit his chest? In addition to that the referee was reaching for his yellow card late on for another of a series of fouls committed by Tony Gilbert but when he realised that that would mean he would have to send him off all of a sudden he changed his mind. Not only that, but the dismissal of Adam Foulser was laughable. He had been booked, probably correctly, earlier on, but he was pushed over in the Horley area, the award should have been a penalty, but instead the prat in black sent him off, saying he had dived. Utter cobblers! That, though, is not why we lost. I heard our players comment on the state of the pitch, which was dreadful, but that can never be an excuse. What we had to do was adapt to the conditions and we failed to do so. Our players let themselves get worked up by the Horley team (on and off the pitch; that was why our manager Steve Baker had to shout out "Stop [censored] fouling!") and we failed to test the keeper more than once in the first half. We need more than Martin Randall's wholehearted enthusiasm to go with John Pomroy's goal scoring abilities up front, we missed the more direct approach of Jamie Houghton, we failed to shoot when openings had been created, the Horley stand in keeper made one top drawer save late on that would have been remarkable at any level and at least one more workaday stop that prevented us getting something other than a bad hangover after the game, and we let in a breakaway goal which Jack Poplett took very well. I know nothing of the damage caused,as I went straight home, but Horley's players surely did some damage to their own reputation with their baying and mocking as Egham left the pitch. Very childish. A large part of the blame for the confrontation between the players at the final whistle has to go to Mr W Davis, the "referee" .

Edited by tempestward

Horley Town 1 Egham 0

In reply to the above skewed, one-eyed report here is another. What a wonderful set of neanderthals you have in your management team! It is entirely understandable that if a sub sees a playing team mate being bashed about or a contentious decision go against his side he will comment. He does not, as one of your management team seem to think, have to wait until he is on the pitch before he can say anything. Was that the same muppet who said "bye bye 10" when he (our Martin Randall) was having a go at your 5 (Liam Cox) in response to being kicked? When your keeper got sent off it was for handball outside the box and not because the ball hit his chest. If the referee, who was, let's be candid here, crap, and let your muppets on and off the pitch get to him all game, was so superb then why would he send the keeper off if the ball had hit his chest? In addition to that the referee was reaching for his yellow card late on for another of a series of fouls committed by Tony Gilbert but when he realised that that would mean he would have to send him off all of a sudden he changed his mind. Not only that, but the dismissal of Adam Foulser was laughable. He had been booked, probably correctly, earlier on, but he was pushed over in the Horley area, the award should have been a penalty, but instead the prat in black sent him off, saying he had dived. Utter cobblers! That, though, is not why we lost. I heard our players comment on the state of the pitch, which was dreadful, but that can never be an excuse. What we had to do was adapt to the conditions and we failed to do so. Our players let themselves get worked up by the Horley team (on and off the pitch; that was why our manager Steve Baker had to shout out "Stop [censored] fouling!") and we failed to test the keeper more than once in the first half. We need more than Martin Randall's wholehearted enthusiasm to go with John Pomroy's goal scoring abilities up front, we missed the more direct approach of Jamie Houghton, we failed to shoot when openings had been created, the Horley stand in keeper made one top drawer save late on that would have been remarkable at any level and at least one more workaday stop that prevented us getting something other than a bad hangover after the game, and we let in a breakaway goal which Jack Poplett took very well. I know nothing of the damage caused,as I went straight home, but Horley's players surely did some damage to their own reputation with their baying and mocking as Egham left the pitch. Very childish. A large part of the blame for the confrontation between the players at the final whistle has to go to Mr W Davis, the "referee" .

I shall not get into a pointless slanging match although I WILL now mention your 10 ( Martin Randall ) blatent head butt and continuas elbows into the face of our young composed centre half ( Liam " take him out of your pocket " Cox ) and also your Substitute comment to our Gaffer of " I will knock you the F&^K out "

Also as Steve Baker would admit his verbal abuse to the referee and his assistant would on any other day warrant a sending off itself.

The baying and mocking was in fact a celebration of our well deserved victory.

The scoreline shall remain I am afraid Tempestward.

Again I applaude the officials work on the day :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

Also at Horley, saw a game short on quality but high on feistiness. Hourly sending off for deliberate handball correct, if Egham one was for diving then very harsh, definite push in the back. Good finish to win game.

Always liked the Horley people, yesterday however management team were ridiculous, reminded me of a Sunday morning team, no doubt they will call it banter at times it was embarrassing. Pitch wasn't up to the usual standard there but clubhouse is best in league by a mile.

Also at Horley, saw a game short on quality but high on feistiness. Hourly sending off for deliberate handball correct, if Egham one was for diving then very harsh, definite push in the back. Good finish to win game.

Always liked the Horley people, yesterday however management team were ridiculous, reminded me of a Sunday morning team, no doubt they will call it banter at times it was embarrassing. Pitch wasn't up to the usual standard there but clubhouse is best in league by a mile.

As ridiculous as Eghams coffee%20(2).gif

Warlingham 0-1 south park

Very competitive game between two very physical sides. Wars were better side for 70 mins created more chances hit post missed one on one but SP dominated the final 20 and game was won in last minute via a wonder free kick. Gutted !!

Better first 20, then like Tucks said cancelled each other out, but the last 20 your right our fitness showed. What a free kick though, it was always going to take a bit of luck or skill in a very even game. When you back playing?

It was a very even game just thought in terms of chances we could have edged it but the goal was coming at the end ! Good player that little lad ! Don't know yet mate few weeks hopefully!

Horley Town 1 Egham 0

I shall not get into a pointless slanging match although I WILL now mention your 10 ( Martin Randall ) blatent head butt and continuas elbows into the face of our young composed centre half ( Liam " take him out of your pocket " Cox ) and also your Substitute comment to our Gaffer of " I will knock you the F&^K out "

Also as Steve Baker would admit his verbal abuse to the referee and his assistant would on any other day warrant a sending off itself.

The baying and mocking was in fact a celebration of our well deserved victory.

The scoreline shall remain I am afraid Tempestward.

Again I applaude the officials work on the day :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

If, and I hope I am wrong, that flashing symbol is a one finger salute then that, on yesterday's showing, just about sums your club up. I am aware that the scoreline stays at 1-0, just as it stood at 2-0 to us at our place. "Surrey's Finest" is presumably an independent observer; his comments are therefore worthy of some consideration. Your one-eyed view of your club's behaviour is as odd as your spelling. See you next season. Buy yourself a dictionary.

Edited by tempestward

Them Croydon boys,Bennett and Pagey done good.

Dorking boys, Smudgey ;)

They sure WERE !

I wonder if there is a reason ??

Hmmmmmmm !!!

:futbolbud2:

Chertsey v Guildford Highlights

Great highlights as usual TRS, but still painful to watch.

Still struggling to see how that second goal isn't offside, but ultimately Chertsey deserved the win so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Thanks GS. Where was Camara yesterday? Think you missed him, although Greaves worked tirelessly up front.

Thanks GS. Where was Camara yesterday? Think you missed him, although Greaves worked tirelessly up front.

Ben came on with about 20 minutes to go. I think he's been nursing a bit of a knock recently. Joel worked very hard and did well to make some chances for himself but alas it was not to be!

Edited by Guildford Sweeney