Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL HT & FT SCORES 12/02/11

Horley Town 1 Egham 0

More often than not this sort of scoreline does not reflect the true outcome of its match. Same applies here.

This was one great game of football I would suggest from a spectators perspective.

With key personnel absent from the starting line up of Horley it was thought that this game was going to be tough. Scripts are there to be changed and in this instance none so more.

The lads were chomping at the bit from the moment they arrived at the club, this following a training session on Thursday evening being full of smiles and laughter between all those involved.

Kick off arrived and from the very first tackle you just knew we were in for a feisty one. With a change of formation and player positions altering from our previous match it was of surprise how the lads seemed unfazed and begun to settle down immediately. Egham looked lively from the whistle in particular their wing play initially causing a few problems albeit the full backs soon had this under control. The defensive pairing in the centre completely had the Egham frontline sewn up with the frustrations clearly about to boil over, thus an early caution for their 10.

Physically the game matured with tackles flying in from both sides. This type of game obviously gets everyones blood pumping including the dugouts of which I for one throughly enjoyed the banter. Can I just comment on why do the opposition SUBSTITUTES get so agitated, it not our fault they are not playing. wink.gif

Half time came with the scoreline 0 - 0

The dressing room was buzzing with the passionate first half display and the lads really pumped up for the second half.

The approach was the same with possession of the ball increasing in our favour as the match progressed. For us to make substitutions so early into the second half is a great credit to the shifts that had been put in so far. This is what we have always asked, you aint out there for the 90 mins but to give all you can the time that you are.

I had now begun to lose count of the cautions having been shown to our opposition as they continually became frustrated at the dominance before them. Personally I have seen local derbys not as fiery as this encounter. THEN it happened............

Our centre back cheaply hands over possesion with our shape amiss, their forward now has a clear path at goal with our keeper advancing at pace. We all know what happens next, forwards shot hit our keepers chest outside the box, Ref handball, keeper sent off, Horley down to 10.

Egham now upped their own game but Horley continued to defend as a unit. The work ethic was second to none as we finally got our reward for the hard graft. Egham centre back (4) had enjoyed the tussle with our big man up top all game. It was the pace of our youngster that finally undone him though. A cool slot home to the keepers right ensured a fantastic finale.

Tempers continued to flare up resulting in Egham being reduced to 10 also before our striker ( stand in keeper ) pulled off a stunning save tipping the fierce shot onto the crossbar. The pressure expected from Egham did not materalise and the result was a fine home win.

To defend as a solid unit and press the ball so sharply today was a pleasure to be involved with.

Handbags were promised during the game and yes they came at the end.

A joyous celebration followed of which has been lacking of recent times, a general togetherness was shown and it was visable that it made a terrific difference throughout the matchday.

I think it hurt Egham as they decided to damage property of which they duly compensated before they left our ground. welcome.gif

I know its all too easy saying this when you have won BUT the officals were SUPERB. OH !!!!! AND HE WAS BEING ASSESSED !!!!!!

In reply to the above skewed, one-eyed report here is another. What a wonderful set of neanderthals you have in your management team! It is entirely understandable that if a sub sees a playing team mate being bashed about or a contentious decision go against his side he will comment. He does not, as one of your management team seem to think, have to wait until he is on the pitch before he can say anything. Was that the same muppet who said "bye bye 10" when he (our Martin Randall) was having a go at your 5 (Liam Cox) in response to being kicked? When your keeper got sent off it was for handball outside the box and not because the ball hit his chest. If the referee, who was, let's be candid here, crap, and let your muppets on and off the pitch get to him all game, was so superb then why would he send the keeper off if the ball had hit his chest? In addition to that the referee was reaching for his yellow card late on for another of a series of fouls committed by Tony Gilbert but when he realised that that would mean he would have to send him off all of a sudden he changed his mind. Not only that, but the dismissal of Adam Foulser was laughable. He had been booked, probably correctly, earlier on, but he was pushed over in the Horley area, the award should have been a penalty, but instead the prat in black sent him off, saying he had dived. Utter cobblers! That, though, is not why we lost. I heard our players comment on the state of the pitch, which was dreadful, but that can never be an excuse. What we had to do was adapt to the conditions and we failed to do so. Our players let themselves get worked up by the Horley team (on and off the pitch; that was why our manager Steve Baker had to shout out "Stop [censored] fouling!") and we failed to test the keeper more than once in the first half. We need more than Martin Randall's wholehearted enthusiasm to go with John Pomroy's goal scoring abilities up front, we missed the more direct approach of Jamie Houghton, we failed to shoot when openings had been created, the Horley stand in keeper made one top drawer save late on that would have been remarkable at any level and at least one more workaday stop that prevented us getting something other than a bad hangover after the game, and we let in a breakaway goal which Jack Poplett took very well. I know nothing of the damage caused,as I went straight home, but Horley's players surely did some damage to their own reputation with their baying and mocking as Egham left the pitch. Very childish. A large part of the blame for the confrontation between the players at the final whistle has to go to Mr W Davis, the "referee" .

I shall not get into a pointless slanging match although I WILL now mention your 10 ( Martin Randall ) blatent head butt and continuas elbows into the face of our young composed centre half ( Liam " take him out of your pocket " Cox ) and also your Substitute comment to our Gaffer of " I will knock you the F&^K out "

Also as Steve Baker would admit his verbal abuse to the referee and his assistant would on any other day warrant a sending off itself.

The baying and mocking was in fact a celebration of our well deserved victory.

The scoreline shall remain I am afraid Tempestward.

Again I applaude the officials work on the day :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

If, and I hope I am wrong, that flashing symbol is a one finger salute then that, on yesterday's showing, just about sums your club up. I am aware that the scoreline stays at 1-0, just as it stood at 2-0 to us at our place. "Surrey's Finest" is presumably an independent observer; his comments are therefore worthy of some consideration. Your one-eyed view of your club's behaviour is as odd as your spelling. See you next season. Buy yourself a dictionary.

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED..............................................

SLANGING MATCH = NO

MIS-SPELLING = YES ( you need a dictionary if you cannot understand what I mean )

OTHERS OPINIONS = ACCEPTED WITH MY OWN

AND BEST OF ALL................................................................. FLASHING SYMBOL = EVERYONE LAUGHING AT YOU cheesy%20(2).gif oh this symbol is not somebody rolling around masturb£&*^g

Even more so, have seen Egham and Steves sides numerous times.

Sorry Padlock but your managements teams behaviour was almost a disgrace, and while Steve and Egham were no angels your side also won that encounter yesterday.

SF please could you tell me what DISGRACEFUL behaviour you saw ???

I could of PM you but I know we have nothing to hide.

didnt expect sheerwater to beat frimley. Well done loop and yv

Cheers T C , dont think anyone did I think we deserved it, again we played some good stuff and looked solid at the back at times over played but there young and hopefully will learn, YV led the line well and when we scored it was coming, the goal led to a ten man pile up (no win in how long!) they are an honest bunch so we would like to think we can push on now but you never know in this league!

Sorry Padlock but your managements teams behaviour was almost a disgrace, and while Steve and Egham were no angels your side also won that encounter yesterday.

IS IT BY SHEER COINCIDENCE PADLOCK THAT WHEN YOU PLAYED MOLESEY THE OTHER WEEK, MANAGER50 AND ELF MOLE/MOLESKIN HAD SOME THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HORLEY AS WELL OR HAVE THEY GOT IT IN FOR YOU ?

I was told Molesey was a one-off ... Maybe not?

As fo the laughable "match report" you should read the one from the Molesey game:

Town went to third place and unbeaten at home in twelve games with out Scott Smith, Jack Poplett and the suspended Dave Brown. On a very blowey day Town were put under pressure from the start.Town frst chance fell to Ross Jones but he could not get te bal down in time.With six played a Molesey attack saw Liam Cox do a good covering tackle. Town were under a lot of pressure and from a long throw keeper Joe McLoughlin got up well and punched the ball clear.With fourteen played Nathan Jupp and the number six for Molesey both went fr a high ball but the Molesey player conned the referee and got Nathan Jupp booked. With sixteen played a cross from the right found the Molesey forward who was miles offside but the linesmen did not give it and Molesey scored. Anthony Jupp then got booked for arguing with the Assistant Linesmen.With twenty played Liam Cox again cleared on the line before the ball was cleared and the Molesey number si just kicked Toby Gilberet but the referee did not see the incident.When the ball was pumped back into the area Molsey supporters were cheering for a goal when Joe McLoughlin pulled of a wonderful save to try and keep Town in the game.With eighteen left Molesey got the ball in the net but this time the Assistant referee did wave for offside.Next the ball was smashed out of the ground by the Molesey defender and straight through the window of a caravan parked in their car park. The man inside was not happy and came bck with the ball demanding an apologia!With ten left a mix up at the back and Molesey scored floating the ball over a stranded Joe McLoughlin.With five left Graves for Molesey picked up a booking for alate tackle on John Eldred who appeared to be all over the park.With seven left Nathen Jupp broke through the centre but shot wide. With six left Skipper Toby Gilbert had a block buster shot saved on the line by the home keeper before Liam Hunter followed up and the keeper and the defender just managed to clear the ball in a goalmouth scramble.With six left the Molesey number six again went down after a tackle from Nathan Jupp like something out of a pantomime holding his head when the tackle was no where his head!Town went in at half time two nil down. With only three played in the second half Joe McLoughlin was caught out and he could not hold the ball and they scored number three.With eleven played in the second half Nathern Jupp was replaced by Gary Thomlinson.With thirteen played Toby Gilbert beat the offside trap and tried to lob the keeper but the wind got the ball and Gary Thomlinson went for the ball but the home keeper just beat him to it.With seventeen played Ben Herdmen was replaced by Oscar Hinojosa.With in a minute Molesey broke free beat Joe and then he fired into the crowd with an open goal at his mercy.Next Liam Cox picked up a booking. With twenty four played Molesey scored number four. Next the Molsey number six kicked out again this time at Liam Hunter but still the referee did nothing. With fifteen left Toby Gilbert had a great shot well saved at the near post which the home keeper did well to save. With eleven left Ross Jones was replaced by Robert Wilmer.Next the referee went flying over which saw the biggest cheer of the afternoon.With six left Anthony Jupp put in a great tackle and again the number six for Molesey went down claiming a foul.With three left Liam Hunter had a great long range shot saved on the goal line and the referee gave a goal kick. This continued Town’s bad run of away form after the last couple of good home wins.

TEAM

Joe McLoughlin, Tom Windsor,Tom Agate, Lam Cox,Anthony Jupp., Ben Herdmen ,Liam Hunter,

John Eldred,, Nathan Jupp Toby Gilbert & Ross Jones

----------------------------------------------

As I said on the Molesey forum, the only thing this poorly written article does is make my match report seem better by comparison!

It's a game of opinions not objective truth .Horley wouildn't be the first team to do a slightly one eyed report - won't be the last .Time will tell- we now have two e.gs of other sides complaining about their attitude - one comment I will add is that Egham seem to have a disgraceful ref every week.

I was told Molesey was a one-off ... Maybe not?

As fo the laughable "match report" you should read the one from the Molesey game:

Town went to third place and unbeaten at home in twelve games with out Scott Smith, Jack Poplett and the suspended Dave Brown. On a very blowey day Town were put under pressure from the start.Town frst chance fell to Ross Jones but he could not get te bal down in time.With six played a Molesey attack saw Liam Cox do a good covering tackle. Town were under a lot of pressure and from a long throw keeper Joe McLoughlin got up well and punched the ball clear.With fourteen played Nathan Jupp and the number six for Molesey both went fr a high ball but the Molesey player conned the referee and got Nathan Jupp booked. With sixteen played a cross from the right found the Molesey forward who was miles offside but the linesmen did not give it and Molesey scored. Anthony Jupp then got booked for arguing with the Assistant Linesmen.With twenty played Liam Cox again cleared on the line before the ball was cleared and the Molesey number si just kicked Toby Gilberet but the referee did not see the incident.When the ball was pumped back into the area Molsey supporters were cheering for a goal when Joe McLoughlin pulled of a wonderful save to try and keep Town in the game.With eighteen left Molesey got the ball in the net but this time the Assistant referee did wave for offside.Next the ball was smashed out of the ground by the Molesey defender and straight through the window of a caravan parked in their car park. The man inside was not happy and came bck with the ball demanding an apologia!With ten left a mix up at the back and Molesey scored floating the ball over a stranded Joe McLoughlin.With five left Graves for Molesey picked up a booking for alate tackle on John Eldred who appeared to be all over the park.With seven left Nathen Jupp broke through the centre but shot wide. With six left Skipper Toby Gilbert had a block buster shot saved on the line by the home keeper before Liam Hunter followed up and the keeper and the defender just managed to clear the ball in a goalmouth scramble.With six left the Molesey number six again went down after a tackle from Nathan Jupp like something out of a pantomime holding his head when the tackle was no where his head!Town went in at half time two nil down. With only three played in the second half Joe McLoughlin was caught out and he could not hold the ball and they scored number three.With eleven played in the second half Nathern Jupp was replaced by Gary Thomlinson.With thirteen played Toby Gilbert beat the offside trap and tried to lob the keeper but the wind got the ball and Gary Thomlinson went for the ball but the home keeper just beat him to it.With seventeen played Ben Herdmen was replaced by Oscar Hinojosa.With in a minute Molesey broke free beat Joe and then he fired into the crowd with an open goal at his mercy.Next Liam Cox picked up a booking. With twenty four played Molesey scored number four. Next the Molsey number six kicked out again this time at Liam Hunter but still the referee did nothing. With fifteen left Toby Gilbert had a great shot well saved at the near post which the home keeper did well to save. With eleven left Ross Jones was replaced by Robert Wilmer.Next the referee went flying over which saw the biggest cheer of the afternoon.With six left Anthony Jupp put in a great tackle and again the number six for Molesey went down claiming a foul.With three left Liam Hunter had a great long range shot saved on the goal line and the referee gave a goal kick. This continued Town’s bad run of away form after the last couple of good home wins.

TEAM

Joe McLoughlin, Tom Windsor,Tom Agate, Lam Cox,Anthony Jupp., Ben Herdmen ,Liam Hunter,

John Eldred,, Nathan Jupp Toby Gilbert & Ross Jones

----------------------------------------------

As I said on the Molesey forum, the only thing this poorly written article does is make my match report seem better by comparison!

This match report is written by one of our suppporters, I agree it is very one sided.

IS IT BY SHEER COINCIDENCE PADLOCK THAT WHEN YOU PLAYED MOLESEY THE OTHER WEEK, MANAGER50 AND ELF MOLE/MOLESKIN HAD SOME THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HORLEY AS WELL OR HAVE THEY GOT IT IN FOR YOU ?

NG please read the Molesey 1st team manager comments on the Horley management -

NG Please see - Results Sat 5th post 55#

It depends how look at bench behavior.

If spending the whole game swearing and goading opposition players, squaring up with subs,laughing out load when the opposition miss a chance, trying to get players sent of

and laughing and clapping towards the opposition at the end of the game is all within the spirit of the game then the Horley duo have every right to be proud of their behavior.

Im all up for a bit of banter but there is a line you dont cross.

Im no angel and will always stand up for myself and my players but the only thing i may regret now and then is my vocal opionion to the referee.

However when i questioned the clown we had on Saturday this was followed by the Horley bench trying to get me sent off. (cheers)

The tone and infantile comments of Padlocks (or is it pillock) posts on here does not surpise me as i know who he is and its no diffrent from his behavior on Saturday.

What i will say is football has a great habit of coming back to haunt you when you are that smug and behave like that. (And it will)

Its a shame becuase i thought the previous Horley managment were a decent bunch.

In regards to the game i think a draw would have been a fair result but when your opposition keeper is sent of for a blatant handball with 30 mins to go you expect to win the game.

However due to a dreadfull mistake we were punished.

In regards to the referee, quite simple: Appalling !

Its a very easy comment to say a ref has never played the game, however i would be suprised if this guy has ever been to a match.

The cautions we recieved were a joke and as for the sending of, laughable.

His performance was so one sided and his replies to me during half time and full time as to why he had made so many bad decisions just about summed him up

I do not however blame the defeat on that as we are not playing well at the moment, but please give me an experienced official rather than one of these young "fast track" boys

who are using our league as learning ground. I dont think i can take much more.

Finally in regards to the damage inflicted at the end of the game, one of my players deciede to volley a plastice bin which thent fell apart. I do not condone this and the player in question apologised and gave the Horley chairman £20 for a new bin

Clearly not the most enjoyable Saturday afternoon i have had with Egham but we will take this on the chin and try to bounce back next Saturday at home to Sandhusrt !

trespone on hear a

If spending the whole game swearing and goading opposition players, squaring up with subs,laughing out load when the opposition miss a chance, trying to get players sent of

and laughing and clapping towards the opposition at the end of the game is all within the spirit of the game then the Horley duo have every right to be proud of their behavior.

Im no angel and will always stand up for myself and my players but the only thing i may regret now and then is my vocal opionion to the referee.

However when i questioned the clown we had on Saturday this was followed by the Horley bench trying to get me sent off. (cheers)

The tone and infantile comments of Padlocks (or is it pillock) posts on here does not surpise me as i know who he is and its no diffrent from his behavior on Saturday.

What i will say is football has a great habit of coming back to haunt you when you are that smug and behave like that. (And it will)

Its a shame becuase i thought the previous Horley managment were a decent bunch.

In regards to the game i think a draw would have been a fair result but when your opposition keeper is sent of for a blatant handball with 30 mins to go you expect to win the game.

Its a very easy comment to say a ref has never played the game, however i would be suprised if this guy has ever been to a match.

His performance was so one sided and his replies to me during half time and full time as to why he had made so many bad decisions just about summed him up

I do not however blame the defeat on that as we are not playing well at the moment, but please give me an experienced official rather than one of these young "fast track" boys

Finally in regards to the damage inflicted at the end of the game, one of my players deciede to volley a plastice bin which thent fell apart. I do not condone this and the player in question apologised and gave the Horley chairman £20 for a new bin

Clearly not the most enjoyable Saturday afternoon i have had with Egham but we will take this on the chin and try to bounce back next Saturday at home to Sandhusrt !

Thank you for your comments Egham Boss

This is a results business and I would say from the budget available you are clearly underperforming.

My comments in my initial match report were by no way vindictive to you or your players. My retaliation has only been through derogatory comments made by those associated with your club.

You do not know me as you have stated and refused to know me when I offered you a handshake after the game.

Opinions, opinions, opinions coffee%20(2).gif

trespone on hear a

Dont recall not shaking anyones hand.

I said i know who you are not that i know you. (wouldn't want to )

Couldn't resisit a swipe about budget though could you.

Is that because you beat us and you are a poor club or as you stated we are clearly underperforming ?

Dont remember you saying to much when we beat you at home 2-0.

Perhaps that was a week when we paid everyone extra ?

Just out of interest what is the Egham budget as you seem to be such an expert on the matter?

If

spending the whole game swearing and goading opposition players, squaring up with subs,laughing out load when the opposition miss a chance, trying to get players sent of

This is a results business and I would say from the budget available you are clearly underperforming.

My comments in my initial match report were by no way vindictive to you or your players. My retaliation has only been through derogatory comments made by those associated with your club.

You do not know me as you have stated and refused to know me when I offered you a handshake after the game.

trespone on hear a

Dont recall not shaking anyones hand. Short term memory loss ?

I said i know who you are not that i know you. (wouldn't want to ) Likewise

Couldn't resisit a swipe about budget though could you. General observation

Is that because you beat us and you are a poor club or as you stated we are clearly underperforming ? As a club we have never been more financially secure - Stated YOU were underperforming not the team

Dont remember you saying to much when we beat you at home 2-0. I was absent from this particular game hence cannot comment

Perhaps that was a week when we paid everyone extra ? I would suggest not paying any extras

Just out of interest what is the Egham budget as you seem to be such an expert on the matter? Obviously not enough I presume you would agree

Enough dirty washing aired although I anticipate a response

If

spending the whole game swearing and goading opposition players, squaring up with subs,laughing out load when the opposition miss a chance, trying to get players sent of

trespone on hear a

Its good to get advice from someone with such a good football pedigree as yourself.

How long have you been hanging the kit up at Horley now ?

Which sunday side did you have most success with ?

Your comments below were about as good as your banter on Saturday .

See if you can reply with a post that dosen't make you look even more stupid !

Is that because you beat us and you are a poor club or as you stated we are clearly underperforming ? As a club we have never been more financially secure - Stated YOU were underperforming not the team

Dont remember you saying to much when we beat you at home 2-0. I was absent from this particular game hence cannot comment

Perhaps that was a week when we paid everyone extra ? I would suggest not paying any extras

Just out of interest what is the Egham budget as you seem to be such an expert on the matter? Obviously not enough I presume you would agree

If

trespone on hear a

Its good to get advice from someone with such a good football pedigree as yourself.

How long have you been hanging the kit up at Horley now ?

Which sunday side did you have most success with ?

Your comments below were about as good as your banter on Saturday .

See if you can reply with a post that dosen't make you look even more stupid !

Your hole is getting bigger and deeper.

Is their a clown symbol on here???

If

trespone on hear a

Padlock are these views yours or does your club hold the same points of view,are you the manager ?Steve is very passionate about his club and rightly so he is no different from the rest of us I think you might end up having a coronary if you're gonna react like this after every game,Steve is a good bloke and a lot of us on here respect him.