Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fordy rates the team AND the drum!

Richard C

Took us rather a long time to get going, noise-wise, though, as Andy rightly remarked in the NLP.

Was it that we waited until we took the lead to get going - or was it that lack of segregation meant that the 'noisy' support wasn't congregated in the covered end, during the 1st half, when we were defending that end? As we've noted before, noise tends to evaporate on the open terracing.

Exeter will be a far different proposition to Leigh - and they'll have some decent support, I suspect - though stuck in that open end of course. So, we all have to be determined to make noise from the opening whistle this coming Saturday. Young Mr Drummerboy can hardly strike up until he has something to accompany - so it's no good the rest of us expecting him to start things off.

Hopefully, some - if not all - of the missing 300 will be back too. The manager & players have acknowledged there's a direct link between support off the pitch & performance on it and they know we can raise the roof when we want to. This Saturday, let's stop the drift back to that awful, eery nervousness (punctuated by some geezer with the biggest mouth in England abusing his own players) which used to be the hallmark of our crowds, until 2 or 3 years ago.

Lennie Mac

Check out the Exeter game on tffc at Forest Green. From the pictures their supporters looked around the 1000 mark from a total attendance of 1300 approx. The noise was impressive to, even warranting a mention from the commentator. If we don't want to look like a bunch of wombats, we'd better get our tonsils rattling, big stylee. FGR supporters were pitiful, we're not. Let's 'ave it!!!

Agreed. First half was not noisy due to the support being at the other end, which is fine but doesnt help the noise factor. This week back with the good old segregation and plenty of manic noise please everyone. Even the five leigh fans were trying to start a little something nasty this week so i hope the police are on the ball for this one!!

Up the fleet

Quote:
John@TheFleet said:
However, I did see one of our lads giving it the biggun with the hand gestures in the 2nd half which probably wouldn't have helped matters. Wonder if he'll do that in front of 1000 Exeter supporters...if you're reading this you'll be on your bleedin' own, chum!!

If you're referring to the guy standing at the front of the main stand, it was me! That was just a bit of innocent fun with a few of the Leigh fans I know (don't know the other two) and I wouldn't call it giving a 'biggun.' Otherwise 'it wasn't me'....

I didn't see any trouble at all with their fans apart from getting a bit upset when their players got sent off, of course.

When I finally escaped the industrial estate opposite I saw a huge man in a yellow shirt, I assume Leigh's old away, gesturing to someone walking up the hill by the Plough in a "come on then" type manner.

Rumours that the huge man in a yellow shirt was Jeff King are untrue.

Sorry....not quite with you Drum Boy ??

"Ooooooooohhhh!!!!

Bang Bang!"

...unless you are B.A Robertson in disguise ???

...anyway...thought I was talking to Carlos...why have you pitched in ??

See you tomorrow....

Cheers,

Oops ..sorry...

Shiver me timbers....with a yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.....walk the plank you land luvving scum !! Splice the mainbrace...heave ho heave ho me hearties...port 10 ..starboard 15 !!!!!Hoist the Jolly Roger !!

arrr.gif