Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

next season

inbetweener

Play offs in division 1 aren't going to happen.

The CCL is part of a system that has it's rules set by the FA. Why should our division 1 be run any differently to the other 15 step 6 divisions in the country?

What you have to remember is that, by now, every team in CCL1 should have a 'G' grade.

With that grade you can play in the Premier Division for a season but you have to get an 'F' by March 31st to stay in.

This rule is the same at all levels of football that come under the umbrella of the National League System apart from teams wanting to get promoted from step 5 to step 4. They have to get the grading before they're allowed up.

There are very few teams in the country at step 6 who haven't got a 'G' grade these days - our league and the Hellenic make up the bulk of those teams. The CCL1 has only been a step 6 division for 4 or 5 years and clubs are making great strides and I have genuine sympathy with clubs who can't get a stand and floodlights erected due to unhelpful councils, NIMBYs or both but the FA aren't going to change the whole system in the UK to fit around our needs or the Hellenic's.

VP INFORMATIVE AS EVER. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY COMMENTS AND IDEA OF HAVING A CCL PREMIER ''PLAY-OFF CUP'' (NO PROMOTION INVOLVED) FOR 2ND, 3RD, 4TH AND 5TH PLACES TO MAKE THE CCL MUCH MORE INTERESTING TO WATCH AND FOR CLUBS TO PLAY FOR ?

WITH ONLY 1 CLUB BEING PROMOTED, I THINK THE CCL SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS 'PLAY-OFF CUP' -

PLEASE WHITELAW WHAT DO YOU AND THE CCL COMMITTEE THINK OF THIS ? I'M SURE THIS CAN BE ORGANISED AND ARRANGED BY THE CCL.

IF I GET A PETITION GOING, WOULD THE CCL CONSIDER IT ?

AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS WITH INTEREST..........

Old Farnboronians?

All it takes is a subtle hint in one place and rumours spread like wildfire. 99% of them are bullsh*t but it keeps the gossip-mongerers busy. The usual BS classic is Redhill coming into the CCL and Horley going into the Sussex League. It never happens but every year someone brings it up with the class ic 'I've heard'.

Anyway Nice Guy - I'm not in favour of your idea. We've got more than enough games to fit already without having another cup to play for. Teams would only put out scratch sides in it.

Even if they bought in play-offs for promotion I wouldn't be a fan. You play 40 / 42 league games a season. That should be it. Call me old fashioned but top 3 up, bottom 3 down. End of story.

I remember the year Aldershot got promoted via the play offs after beating Wolves and Bolton despite finishing way behind them both in the league. That was a travesty but of course Aldershot took the promotion. In the long term it didn't do them much good. Wolves and Bolton both in the top flight now, Aldershot went bust and had to start again.

I notice that other leagues have published details and can now confirm the following, all of which has been previously communicated to Club secretaries and chairmen.

There have been three definite applications to join the League next season. They are from Guernsey FC, Spelthorne Sports FC (Surrey Elite League) and Indian Gymkhana FC (MIddlesex County League). There is plenty about Guernsey's application elsewhere. Spelthorne Sports have been inspected and have some work to do before 31 March, which they hope to complete. They are at the top of the Elite League and look likely to finish in a promotion position. Indian Gymkhana, who currently play in Osterley, are in mid-table in the Middlesex County League and do not look likely at this stage to finish in a promotion position, so their application is currently in abeyance. Any club wishing to transfer to the CCL from another league, other than through promotion, has to apply to the National Leagues Committee of the Football Association, who will make any decisions. The League has no say in this.

The Management Committee feels that all clubs in Div 1 should now be reaching the required standards as laid down by the FA and intends to propose at the AGM that all clubs in Division One must meet the full requirements of Grade G, including floodlights, in time for the 2013-2014 season. In other words clubs would have two more seasons in which to fully comply, failing which they would be demoted. To avoid stagnation, new clubs, who meet the CCL's current reduced entry criteria would still be allowed in, but would then have two seasons from the date of entry in which to achieve lights and all other requirements. As always, everything is subject to FA approval.

Farnborough North End will have until 31 May in which to enter into an acceptable ground share or, of course, find their own acceptable ground, if they wish to continue in the League next season. The present "roaming" arrangement is only up to the end of the present season.

Clubs seeking promotion from Div 1 to the Premier (i.e. the top three) have until 31 March to reach the requirements of Grade G, and then a further 12 months in which to reach Grade F. The mechanics of promotion and relegation are dictated by the FA and there is no provision at present for play-offs and the like.

Badshot Lea Krooner?

At Cody that is.

Not sure about the other groundshare, any clues?

Well if B/Lea were to vacate Godalming by moving to Cody, who would near neighbours to Godalming be? It would have to be a team struggling to get correct grading at their current ground, else why move? That should narrow it down a little.

thanks alan, as always very informative. are the league aware, how stale the games are once promotion is unobtainable. as a floating spectator it can make other leagues, more attractive in the late season.coffee%20%282%29.gif

I like this game GF, Guildford it is then!!!

What's next then?

New manager at Badshot Lea next year, underachieved massively this year.

Have they underachieved? That depends on if you believe the silly numbers that are often banded around as their budget.

They finished 10th last season and should finish top 6 this season despite losing 5 players pre-season to Camberley, so some might judge that as progress.

By the same token some could argue that Chertsey have underachieved if they don't win the League or Camberley if they don't improve on their 3rd place finish from last season.

Edited by Green_Fingers

I would agree about Chertsey although I have a feeling this may be their year to get promoted. Also camberley yes underachieved but as you say signing 5 guys from Badshot who finished 10th and a few from Cove who were also mid table for me pointed at a mid table finish for Camberley this year. The Badshot comment had nothing to do with budget just the quality of players they seem to be signing pointed to me that they would be challenging a lot harder than they have. A lot if changes each game that I have seen point to poor management to me.

Molesey have been the surprise package to me and it's good that this season the league is much tighter although a little lower in quality for me to previous years.

I notice that other leagues have published details and can now confirm the following, all of which has been previously communicated to Club secretaries and chairmen.

There have been three definite applications to join the League next season. They are from Guernsey FC, Spelthorne Sports FC (Surrey Elite League) and Indian Gymkhana FC (MIddlesex County League). There is plenty about Guernsey's application elsewhere. Spelthorne Sports have been inspected and have some work to do before 31 March, which they hope to complete. They are at the top of the Elite League and look likely to finish in a promotion position. Indian Gymkhana, who currently play in Osterley, are in mid-table in the Middlesex County League and do not look likely at this stage to finish in a promotion position, so their application is currently in abeyance. Any club wishing to transfer to the CCL from another league, other than through promotion, has to apply to the National Leagues Committee of the Football Association, who will make any decisions. The League has no say in this.

The Management Committee feels that all clubs in Div 1 should now be reaching the required standards as laid down by the FA and intends to propose at the AGM that all clubs in Division One must meet the full requirements of Grade G, including floodlights, in time for the 2013-2014 season. In other words clubs would have two more seasons in which to fully comply, failing which they would be demoted. To avoid stagnation, new clubs, who meet the CCL's current reduced entry criteria would still be allowed in, but would then have two seasons from the date of entry in which to achieve lights and all other requirements. As always, everything is subject to FA approval.

VERY INTERESTING WHITELAW THANKS FOR THE RUN DOWN.

SO SPELTHORNE SPORTS HAVE GUARANTEED THE CCL TO HAVE LIGHTS WITHIN 2 SEASONS ? I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET LIGHTS FOR SOME TIME NOW AND HAVE BEEN FLATLY REFUSED BECAUSE OF RESIDENTS I BELIEVE (NOT 100% SURE) BUT I DO KNOW THEY HAVE HAD THEIR PLANNING PERMISSION FOR LIGHTS REJECTED.. SO WHATS CHANGED AT SPELTHORNE ? HAVE THE COUNCIL PERMITTED THEM LIGHTS NOW ? DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS WHITELAW ?

INTERESTING ...........

Farnborough North End will have until 31 May in which to enter into an acceptable ground share or, of course, find their own acceptable ground, if they wish to continue in the League next season. The present "roaming" arrangement is only up to the end of the present season.

Clubs seeking promotion from Div 1 to the Premier (i.e. the top three) have until 31 March to reach the requirements of Grade G, and then a further 12 months in which to reach Grade F. The mechanics of promotion and relegation are dictated by the FA and there is no provision at present for play-offs and the like.

Could for example F.N.E. Share at a ground that is not up to current standard i.e Worcester Park to allow them entry into the League,or will they have to do as Farleigh,Warlingham,Croydon Municipal,Staines Lammas,Hayes Gate,groundshare with a club that has the correct grading,or even better grading than is needed.