Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Phil Old Boy

Trophy/League Fixtures Contingency.

The weather forecast for the foreseeable future is rain. With the continuing doubt about Yeovil playing their home game against Doncaster, can we leave in place any of those league fixtures that might have to be re-arranged because of the trophy game. I saw on teletext last night a fixture involving someone against Croydon. The match would be played if another game involving Croydon was called off. Bearing in mind it was the fixture pile up at the end of last season that stopped us from being promoted, can we still play games that could go ahead if other matches cannot?

The game that is due to be postponed on the next round of the Trophy is the home game against St. Albans, which looks like it would have been postponed anyway.<p>But I take your point - the difficulty is that at the moment, many Tuesday's are already booked up - after all the away game at Gravesend cannot be fitted in until the end of March.<p>At the moment, the only game to be arranged is the St. Albans one, so I guess we are not too bad after all.