Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees Reports

Ace1

Dont think there would be enough hours in the day.1st rule change,A.G.M. to be held at a C.C.L. Club,not the palatial Imber Court,2nd Rule change C.C.L.Cup Finals to be played at C.C.L. Grounds keeping the revenue gained in house.

Fair point but how many clubs could host the numbers?

Made me laugh,after a bad day at the Office.

Just to remind you Smudgey the clubs vote on the rules every year.

Do they?

I thought that stopped when the FA decided all leagues must have the same rules.

I may be wrong and there may be some things that clubs vote on but, by and large, the rules are the same everywhere now. I think the leagues still have the choice of how many teams are relegated and promoted between divisions and the fines tarrif but that's about it.

Dont think there would be enough hours in the day.1st rule change,A.G.M. to be held at a C.C.L. Club,not the palatial Imber Court,2nd Rule change C.C.L.Cup Finals to be played at C.C.L. Grounds keeping the revenue gained in house.

No opinion on the AGM but I don't agree the cup final should be at a CCL ground.

It's nice to play at a better ground such as Farnborough / Woking / Staines / Carshalton / whoever. We've all been to all the CCL grounds many times. Give us somewhere new once a season at least.

I think you will find there are a set of Standing Orders that are issued by the FA you have to incorporate and if you dont then you will not be sanctioned by the FA but I think there are still plenty of rules that can be voted on. Whitelaw may well be able to answer this.

No opinion on the AGM but I don't agree the cup final should be at a CCL ground.

It's nice to play at a better ground such as Farnborough / Woking / Staines / Carshalton / whoever. We've all been to all the CCL grounds many times. Give us somewhere new once a season at least.

Same as some of us have been to the grounds you list many times.

I think you will find there are a set of Standing Orders that are issued by the FA you have to incorporate and if you dont then you will not be sanctioned by the FA but I think there are still plenty of rules that can be voted on. Whitelaw may well be able to answer this.

There is one thing in the rules which shows it's not too easy to change anything -

Rule 20 - "No alteration to the Rules shall be made until they have been approved by The FA."

I'm sure I saw a list somewhere of what the FA insisted on and what they left for leagues to decide. Haven't got time to look for it now though.

Indeed, but it's a day out - it's supposed to be a bit special for the players as well as the fans. Even the Aldershot Senior Cup has The Rec as the venue (usually). Been there dozens of times but it's nice to visit there for a CCL game rather than going to Camberley / Chertsey / Raynes Park Vale / whoever.

I know as a player I would much rather play a cup final at a ground that is a higher level than the league I play in and certainly not in one I would be potentially playing league or cup games in during the season....it is a cup final afterall.

Think the higher the league you can get the better. Im pretty sure Ascot Utd played a cup final a few years back at the Madjeski Stadium in Reading and can't imagine too many players would give up the chance to do that.

It might help clarify things if the referee report that attracted the fine is posted here. Obviously, remove anything identifying. We might be able to comment on whether it is a good report with appropriate development points listed.

I'll not be holding my breath then, Mewc !!

dance%20(2).gif

Edited by Big J R