Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sewer Rats v Canvey Island

In response to MOB:

I agree to a certain extent, although as previously said, how can somebody comment on something if the facts are not readily available. You could respond by saying "if you don't know the facts don't comment at all", but if we all lived and used the forum like that then we'd say bugger all to each other.

Not to comment at all would be wrong but there are ways that people as articulate as Matt who apparently loves the club can get their message across without appearing negative and critical and upseting people.

If I said on here the programme was wrong you would take that as personal criticism because of all the hard work, time and effort and a little bit of your soul that you put into that every week, you would feel personally attacked and rightly so. The fact the comment was not Glen got the programme wrong would not make it any less personal, you would still feel offended so would those around you who watch you working so hard. (BTW programes not wrong)

In the same way when players or coaches who put all their hard work, time and effort and a little bit of their soul into the club, how do they feel when reading some comments that they got it wrong more importantly how do their wives and friends feel.

My long and winding point is make your criticism positively and on the best information you have, we have enough knockers out their without us joining in on here. (you can tell I have the day off).

You say this forum can do a lot for the club, well lets be positive in our comments and slag of every other bugger!

In response to MOB:

I agree to a certain extent, although as previously said, how can somebody comment on something if the facts are not readily available. You could respond by saying "if you don't know the facts don't comment at all", but if we all lived and used the forum like that then we'd say bugger all to each other.

Not to comment at all would be wrong but there are ways that people as articulate as Matt who apparently loves the club can get their message across without appearing negative and critical and upseting people.

If I said on here the programme was wrong you would take that as personal criticism because of all the hard work, time and effort and a little bit of your soul that you put into that every week, you would feel personally attacked and rightly so. The fact the comment was not Glen got the programme wrong would not make it any less personal, you would still feel offended so would those around you who watch you working so hard. (BTW programes not wrong)

In the same way when players or coaches who put all their hard work, time and effort and a little bit of their soul into the club, how do they feel when reading some comments that they got it wrong more importantly how do their wives and friends feel.

My long and winding point is make your criticism positively and on the best information you have, we have enough knockers out their without us joining in on here. (you can tell I have the day off).

You say this forum can do a lot for the club, well lets be positive in our comments and slag of every other bugger!

I 100% agree with you there, but having read Matt's post again, I don't think that he's put things in a hurtful or overly critical manner in my opinion. A response to his post saying something along the lines of "but did you know that Jason & Leon weren't fully fit?" may have been a much more articulate way of making your point instead of "what a load of b0ll0cks!!"

Personally, if people comment to me about the programme, as much as I'll argue a point if I think there is one to be argued, I'll also take on the criticism to make sure the next programme is even better. The difference there is that everything is in front of you in black and white (or full colour should I say!), whereas with team selection often things are said behind closed doors which your average fan in the stand won't know about.

Matt's voice was shot to pieces on the bus home afterwards after singing for 90 minutes, even after he'd concluded that our formation was disjointed. His support for the club has been severly tested over the years but he's still here, and I'd recommend that if any players or management are upset with what he's posted, they should find out the facts about Matt's support for CIFC over the years and work out that he's one of the good guys!

In response to MOB:

I 100% agree with you there, but having read Matt's post again, I don't think that he's put things in a hurtful or overly critical manner in my opinion. A response to his post saying something along the lines of "but did you know that Jason & Leon weren't fully fit?" may have been a much more articulate way of making your point instead of "what a load of b0ll0cks!!"

Personally, if people comment to me about the programme, as much as I'll argue a point if I think there is one to be argued, I'll also take on the criticism to make sure the next programme is even better. The difference there is that everything is in front of you in black and white (or full colour should I say!), whereas with team selection often things are said behind closed doors which your average fan in the stand won't know about.

Matt's voice was shot to pieces on the bus home afterwards after singing for 90 minutes, even after he'd concluded that our formation was disjointed. His support for the club has been severly tested over the years but he's still here, and I'd recommend that if any players or management are upset with what he's posted, they should find out the facts about Matt's support for CIFC over the years and work out that he's one of the good guys!

You asked for a lively forum I gave you one as the fat Eastside twat said, just like the old days!

And as I say it was bol^ox, I just wont say why, I never said he dont support the club, the people concerned are not bothered very thick skinned our board.

Their families are not always impressed, if I slagged of your programme yep you would have the conversation I would be a bit nervous passing a certain turnstile operator though!!

The big difference on other forums the comments would not come from the moderator, they would likely be deleted or edited by the club.!

I don't think MOB is questioning my support for the Club, but my methods of getting the point across that I was disappointed that I felt we didn't make the best use of our squad to get all three points. I admit at times I do concentrate more on the negatives when we lose and how I feel it should've been done correctly, but that's because I want us to win every game and having been inconsistent this season, makes things even more frustrating!

Constructive criticism often helps people out a lot and I have spoken to people involved with the club in the past about how they feel about my NLP reports. I was told when I first started out that people felt that they weren't positive enough and personally I feel I have taken that on board this season and re-read and edited what I've written from a personal point of view to get a more balanced look. I'm not saying they're 100% accurate because to be honest with a tight deadline I can't hang around and ask questions after the game.

I don't think MOB is questioning my support for the Club, but my methods of getting the point across that I was disappointed that I felt we didn't make the best use of our squad to get all three points. I admit at times I do concentrate more on the negatives when we lose and how I feel it should've been done correctly, but that's because I want us to win every game and having been inconsistent this season, makes things even more frustrating!

Constructive criticism often helps people out a lot and I have spoken to people involved with the club in the past about how they feel about my NLP reports. I was told when I first started out that people felt that they weren't positive enough and personally I feel I have taken that on board this season and re-read and edited what I've written from a personal point of view to get a more balanced look. I'm not saying they're 100% accurate because to be honest with a tight deadline I can't hang around and ask questions after the game.

No problems with NLP reports, different audience, different style, not so personal and written as a reporter not a moderator!

In response to MOB:

You asked for a lively forum I gave you one as the fat Eastside tw@t said, just like the old days!

And as I say it was bol^ox, I just wont say why, I never said he dont support the club, the people concerned are not bothered very thick skinned our board.

Their families are not always impressed, if I slagged of your programme yep you would have the conversation I would be a bit nervous passing a certain turnstile operator though!!

The big difference on other forums the comments would not come from the moderator, they would likely be deleted or edited by the club.!

I'm not knocking that at all, it's much healthier to discuss all this than let it simmer underneath the surface! Again, I don't think we'll ever agree here. I don't see anything that if I were a family member of anyone I'd be offended by, and there was certainly no personal slating going on. As for my mum on the turnstiles, I'd be more concerned after she's had a drink!!

The point I was making about Matt's support for the club was that, while we're on the subject of facts, I'm sure that if the people being 'affected' here knew about the facts about Matt's history with CIFC, they would realise that he's a positive person to have around, not the other way around.

Edited by The Great Eckscape

As for my mum on the turnstiles, I'd be more concerned after she's had a drink!!

After seeing her after the game Tuesday and what she was saying about the goal being offside, that's not something I would wish for! ;)

Edited by Matt H

As for my mum on the turnstiles, I'd be more concerned after she's had a drink!!

After seeing her after the game Tuesday and what she was saying about the goal being offside, that's not something I would wish for! ;)

Those mixed fruit Ciders are the female version of Stella! Lol

where did all the fans come from???

Concord won and what ever we said about them we have to take it back, the most disappointing thing is that we have 2 ryman premier teams trying to get into the blue square south on canvey and on tuesday they played each other for the first time in ages and never at such a high level but only 2% of the islands population could be bothered to watch the game and the clubs normal average gate means less than 2% come to watch, even when we were in the conference half of the average 800 supporters were away fans and concord then were probably getting less than 100 in the ESL so the attendances have not gone up at all, its always amazed me that in the 20 years ive lived on canvey both teams have had great success but no one on the island could care less, both clubs have so much to offer but both teams cant grow because being on one small island it wont happen, im not talking about and dont want a merger but sometimes i do think of one canvey team, in a higher league with 1000 watching with great support and people on the island actually caring.

where did all the fans come from???

Concord won and what ever we said about them we have to take it back, the most disappointing thing is that we have 2 ryman premier teams trying to get into the blue square south on canvey and on tuesday they played each other for the first time in ages and never at such a high level but only 2% of the islands population could be bothered to watch the game and the clubs normal average gate means less than 2% come to watch, even when we were in the conference half of the average 800 supporters were away fans and concord then were probably getting less than 100 in the ESL so the attendances have not gone up at all, its always amazed me that in the 20 years ive lived on canvey both teams have had great success but no one on the island could care less, both clubs have so much to offer but both teams cant grow because being on one small island it wont happen, im not talking about and dont want a merger but sometimes i do think of one canvey team, in a higher league with 1000 watching with great support and people on the island actually caring.

2% is about what any town will get, ours is disadvantaged by being on an Island Kingy, realised that! No matter how high you go or how much youn throw at it, there is only so far you can go in a town this size. Thats why he tried to get Waterside may have got a few more from Pitsea etc,

TBH if we didnt have the sewer rats we would only get a few of their tiny support, so we dont want them to go or we would have no one to take the piss out of! Ricay are so up their own [****!!****] they would not know banter if it bit them on the nose. Hx are wet since UU left, Grays are gone.

All we have left is Tango and flash!

Ha ha you are a tool NOB

Not on benefits me old mucker,but even if I was it would have diddly squat to do with you to be honest,but then again you always did like poking your nose into other peoples business,then again,To$$ers are usually quite good at that

Fecking hell things are like old times you bit that one quicker than a Staff on a kitten (munch munch)

Twink still paying your bills then or is it mummy!!

1pm Kick off, and its your round (and you are round!!!) tight @rse!!!!

ill buy the whole bar one ! (when we do the double):brille008:

B0ll0x, I bought one after our defeat, win, lose or draw get your hands in your pocket squeaky!!!!