Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bad losers

What a sign of disrespect that not 1 member of moseleys playing or management team came into the bar after the game!!!! surely this is against league rules, but saying that they showed us no respect all evening.... Oh well semi finals for us it is then.

Bit naughty perhaps, but given that the game went to extra time and the Croydon Arena is probably the furthest that a lot of teams have to travel to, they could be excused for a no show. I am of the understanding though that you can be fined for not accepting after game refreshments.

I'm sure it is/used to be a fine for not showing after the game for the laid on refreshments like TC said

A total disgrace T.C. not a bit naughty,the big time charlies that are Molesey failed to show after being deservedly beaten by a dogged Farleigh side.MANAGER50 WHY NO SHOW in the clubhouse after the game,thought you were better than that.The Ref who came from Aldershot showed as did his assistants,AFTER THE GAME.WHY NOT THE MIGHTY MOLESEY,SHELL SHOCKED I WOULD GUESS.DISGRACEFUL IS MY TAKE ON IT,people had gone to great lengths to make sandwiches and open the bar after the game.your no show after the game showed no respect for the effort put in.WHITELAW FINE MOLESEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FARLEIGH WILL NOT COMPLAIN,BUT I HAVE,SO ACT ON IT,LIKE YOU DID WHEN FARNHAM COMPLAINED ABOUT CROYDON MUNICIPAL LAST YEAR.SMUDGE OUTSANG THE MOLESEY CHOIR ALL NIGHT.SORE LOSERS I HATE,COME ON ANY TEAM BAR MOLESEY FOR THE TITLE.YOUR A TWO BOB OUTFIT,WHO DOES NOT DESERVE PROMOTION.RESPECT YOU HAVE NONE,SHAME ON YOUR CLUB.

Smudge....Big time Charlies,I think not,only one div.above Farleigh(well done to them for winning).

As for lack of respect....the game went to extra time,very late finish.....most ,if not all of our players and management have jobs to go to today,so probably needed to get home for sleep before starting work.

I have found Molesey to be one of the most hospitable clubs in this league and have a reputation for being so. I am sure under the circumstances of a late finish etc it might be understandable. Maybe the adrenalin of the game has hyped the situation. I may be wrong but can't see Manager50 sulking over this game. Just my opinion. Well done to all at Farleigh and good luck for the rest of the competition.

I have found Molesey to be one of the most hospitable clubs in this league and have a reputation for being so. I am sure under the circumstances of a late finish etc it might be understandable. Maybe the adrenalin of the game has hyped the situation. I may be wrong but can't see Manager50 sulking over this game. Just my opinion. Well done to all at Farleigh and good luck for the rest of the competition.

Would have to agree with that YV

Smudge, I do not really want to respond too much to your unfair comment about "big time charlies", but you have asked me specifically why I was not in the clubhouse after the game.

I got up at 6am yesterday morning, which is normal for me. I did a days work, like most people do, then went to the club straight from there to follow the minibus. We had the normal journey from hell and arrived later than anticipated. One of the assistants also arrived late and the other did not even bother. The game started later than normal and with the extra time we ended up coming off the pitch at around 10.10 and, by the time we had spoken with the lads it was getting on for 10.20.

Whilst the lads were getting showered, I went to get a broom from the lobby and proceeded to spend the next 25 minutes clearing up every single scrap of rubbish there was on the floor, plus swept all of the mud into a neat pile in the middle of the changing room. I did this in my socks so that my boots would not make a mess and did not have time for a shower myself. The groundsman actually came in to start doing this and expressed total surprise that I was doing this, stating it was the first time he had witnessed that. My physio did remark that it must be the second at least, because our youth team also did this when we played Croydon. He and my assistant also spent that time doing the bags and clearing up.

We left that changing room at just after 11pm, with the journey home to look forward to. I drove, as stated, so was reasonably fortunate that when I got back at 12.10 I was at home. I had a cup of tea and a hot cross bun, then went to bed. I got up at 6am again today and am now at work reading your tripe.

The lads in the minibus would have also got back to our club at around midnight, but they then had to get home from there. The physio drove the bus to Croydon and, having dropped the lads off, he and our chairperson would have driven to the minibus company's yard to drop the van off, then gone back to get his car, then off home.

I would point out that when popped out to to get the broom at 10.20, a Farleigh lad was changed and off home, as I saw him get into his car. I could see no problem with that and accept that it was quite late.

On the pitch, after the game, I shook the hand of every single Farleigh player, every one of the management, and wished them genuine good luck in the next round.

The game was a keenly contested one and I am gutted that we lost, but accept that these things happen in football. It could have gone either way in my view, but Farleigh edged it and I honstly wish them well.

As far as none of our people going up to the clubhouse, it is unusual for this to happen. We did have quite a few on the minibus and others who may have had reason to shoot off, but we do support the opponents hospitality as it is respectful to do so.

When RPV beat us the other week, you asked about that, and I left their club at 6.40 that evening, and there were quite a few of our lads still there at that point. This was a Saturday evening and not well gone 11pm on a Wednesday, so we were able to do this.

We are certainly not big time charlies and I think you are jumping on the bandwagon of the so called underdog beating the favourite. I actually feel the comments are really disrespectful to Farleigh, as you are suggesting they are not a very good side and it was only the fact that we took them lightly that gave them the chance to win the game. The truth is that the teams in Division 1 are decent and the gap is not as wide as it used to be. My team worked hard last night and were shattered at the end of the game, but will be down training tonight to prepare for Guildford on Saturday.

I would have loved to have had a drink last night, but do not feel that I should have to justify my actions to you, but I was asked the question.

As for your comments about the club in general, I think you are in the minority there, as we have earned the respect of people with our conduct. You talk as if this is the first game we have lost and suddenly cannot take it. Slag me off if you want, but please do not try to smear the name of my club. I am sure I will come across again you at some point in the season and we can talk about it face to face - maybe Saturday if you are coming!

To close, I would apologise to the people at Farleigh if they felt that we showed a lack of graciousness, but we really do wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season and thank you for the hospitality you showed us last night.

Interesting post manager50 and I look forward to the thanks flying in from the Farleigh people for you clearing up the dressing room which I know for a fact is not the 1st time this season and is appreciated by the clubs you do it at. Sometimes people should take a deep breath before posting and perhaps ask questions before slagging off ?

Well done to Farleigh and good luck to them in the Semi Final. Going to be a good Cup Final with different clubs competing for it.

Great post Webby and you have fully justified everything (not that you had to!!). Knowing how you run your teams the last thing you could be accused of is being big time charlies.

Just ignore Smudge and his usual drunken bulls*** ramblings after a few shandies and yet another stupid late night post (when will you learn)!!!

Usual half-cocked b****cks from Smudge - ignore it - everybody else does. Shame that no-one could go into bar after match but I know that one of the management team would have apologised to for the lateness of the hour and this would be understood by the people who know and have to deal themselves with these things.

I have always found the Molesey management, fans and helpers to be a genuinely friendly bunch who provide great hospitality - home made cakes at half time and lovely soup and bread after the match all served with a smile - I can't understand the attitude some people show toward the club.

No need for such venom.

Smudges reply.

Interesting shoutyman,you were in agreement with me over your post on 26th Jan.,and agreed with me in your post of Mar 1,why did you not ignore those posts,where they not half-cocked b****cks,that everybody ignores.Fun though aint it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got your attention,like many others.VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE.For your information NO ONE APOLOGISED FOR THEIR NO SHOW.IF THEY HAD IT WOULD OF BEEN ACCEPTED FOR SURE.

Edited by Smudge

Great post Webby and you have fully justified everything (not that you had to!!). Knowing how you run your teams the last thing you could be accused of is being big time charlies.

Just ignore Smudge and his usual drunken bulls*** ramblings after a few shandies and yet another stupid late night post (when will you learn)!!!

Jurgs,how is it a stupid post,everyone infers that the Arena is the hardest place to get too on earth,why would this be I ask myself.Croydon based sides,never moan about going to the far flung depths of Surrey/Hampshire which is the same distance,same traffic problems.Reason why they prepare their journey,and allow time for hold ups.Molesey is after all only 14.8 miles away.As for cleaning up the Dressing Room,while it is to be applauded,the Arena has 3 Full time staff,to do these jobs which they are well paid for.Hence the £200 hiring fee for putting a game on.Yes the game did finish late,but that is no excuse for NO ONE,going back to the Clubhouse,even if Manager50 popped his head in the door,that would of been sufficient,in fact he could of spent 20 mins there and still got home at the same time,if he had left the cleaning to the designated people.As for drunken rants and bull**** ramblings and another stupid late night post,2 lagers does not make me drunk,but I support Clubs by having some food and drink,wherever I may go,unlike MOLESEY DID LAST NIGHT,hence my late post,I have to get home too.If anyone needs a few tips on how to miss traffic around Croydon,P.M. me,as I did for The Wife last year,they had no problems.

Well done manager 50. I enjoyed myself last night with the banter in the stands with your supporters. It was a well thought battle from both sides. My only disappointment was not being able to play due to suspension.

I understand late night midweek therefore reason to not go in bar and thanks for cleaning changing room we do it on our away games and it's always a nice thing to do for the home side.

Thanks again and good luck rest of season.

Jurgs,how is it a stupid post,everyone infers that the Arena is the hardest place to get too on earth,why would this be I ask myself.Croydon based sides,never moan about going to the far flung depths of Surrey/Hampshire which is the same distance,same traffic problems.Reason why they prepare their journey,and allow time for hold ups.Molesey is after all only 14.8 miles away.As for cleaning up the Dressing Room,while it is to be applauded,the Arena has 3 Full time staff,to do these jobs which they are well paid for.Hence the £200 hiring fee for putting a game on.Yes the game did finish late,but that is no excuse for NO ONE,going back to the Clubhouse,even if Manager50 popped his head in the door,that would of been sufficient,in fact he could of spent 20 mins there and still got home at the same time,if he had left the cleaning to the designated people.As for drunken rants and bull**** ramblings and another stupid late night post,2 lagers does not make me drunk,but I support Clubs by having some food and drink,wherever I may go,unlike MOLESEY DID LAST NIGHT,hence my late post,I have to get home too.If anyone needs a few tips on how to miss traffic around Croydon,P.M. me,as I did for The Wife last year,they had no problems.

It's stupid Smudge as you just make yourself look a fool slagging of clubs and their associates before knowing the whole facts regarding the actions they took. Manager50 has more than justified what he and his club did yet before you new the facts you say that they are "big time charlies" and a "two bob outfit who don't deserve promotion" and even ask for them to be fined!! Maybe the Arena do have these people to do jobs like that, but the fact the Molesey staff did it was outr of respect, yet you still slag them!

I don't believe you work these days Smudge, so getting in at that time maybe ok with you, but if others fancy getting home at a reasonable hour midweek due to work the next day, then so be it.

It is irrespective how far Molesey is as the crow flies, or not, as I doubt very much the players actually live at the club!! I play at Cobham but live 20 miles away in Windor and work even further away in Slough (for my sins), so when I travelled to the Area for our cup clash earlier this season (that went to pens so finished even later) I had a 2 hour journey there and another 1.5 hour + journey home.

I'm sure it is/used to be a fine for not showing after the game for the laid on refreshments like TC said

As you say Wattsy it is still a fine according to League rules

34.5 Visiting clubs must take advantage of refreshments supplied, failure to do so will result in a fine in accordance with the fines tariff plus the cost of the refreshments.

JUSTIFIED THE FACTS:Saw a Farleigh player changed and get in his car at 10.20,anyone who has ever been to the Arena,knows the Car Park is outside the ground,some 80yds away,and cannot be seen from inside the ground.X-RAY EYES.

Usual half-cocked b****cks from Smudge - ignore it - everybody else does. Shame that no-one could go into bar after match but I know that one of the management team would have apologised to for the lateness of the hour and this would be understood by the people who know and have to deal themselves with these things.

I have always found the Molesey management, fans and helpers to be a genuinely friendly bunch who provide great hospitality - home made cakes at half time and lovely soup and bread after the match all served with a smile - I can't understand the attitude some people show toward the club.

No need for such venom.

Smudges reply.

Interesting shoutyman,you were in agreement with me over your post on 26th Jan.,and agreed with me in your post of Mar 1,why did you not ignore those posts,where they not half-cocked b****cks,that everybody ignores.Fun though aint it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got your attention,like many others.VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE.For your information NO ONE APOLOGISED FOR THEIR NO SHOW.IF THEY HAD IT WOULD OF BEEN ACCEPTED FOR SURE.

Yes I agreed with you on 26th Jan when I was young and foolish! (it was a good point though) as for Mar 1st it was purely a contribution to a wide debate by many posters. Even you must admit there have been many, many posts by you that I and quite possibly others have ignored/vehemently disagreed with. (S**t - just realised I agreed with you at the start of this - that's three now-will you keep a record or shall I?)

No need for such venom.

Smudges reply.

Yes I agreed with you on 26th Jan when I was young and foolish! (it was a good point though) as for Mar 1st it was purely a contribution to a wide debate by many posters. Even you must admit there have been many, many posts by you that I and quite possibly others have ignored/vehemently disagreed with. (S**t - just realised I agreed with you at the start of this - that's three now-will you keep a record or shall I?)

A Forum would not exist if we all agreed,be pointless exercise.We all have different opinions which is healthy.Maybe I should refrain from posting articles,only post replies.

Think I will give it a try.