Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th March Games.

Smudge

Camberley did their best to keep on the tails of Guildford and Chertsey. Goal in the 1st minute, a super 2nd goal and a thrid from a howler saw Camberley in control. 2nd half was one of those. Did Camberley back off or did Mole Valley improve. Anyway Mole Valley got a goal back and we thought game on last ten mins until a complete howler from the Mole Valley keeper saw Camberley grab their fourth. I wonder if he got ranted at like a referee would if he made that sort of error ? Anyway a 5th in stoppage time put some gloss on it. For me Guildfords to throw away and Chertsey fave for 2nd which will mean promotion cos I cannot really believe that Guildford will get up if they play at the Spectrum. Although maybe they will not be playing there......

Also heard another interesting one but I will leave Duncs to explain that one coffee%20(2).gif

So Kroons, the story is finally out, Guildford City will not be playing at Spectrum next season. The new ground in Spencer Day's garden is nearly finished. We expect it to be ready by 31 March and will play our first pre-saeson friendly there against Chertsey Town in Julycheesy%20(2).gif

FULL TIME - EGHAM TOWN 4 (0) BOOKHAM 0 (0). Odd convention, that; a side fails to score in the whole game so clearly has no goals to report in the first half yet we balance it with a "(0)". I remember Steve Webb trying to catch me out once when I told him a partiicular match had ended 0-0. "What was the score at half time?", he joshed. I nearly bit. Anyway, we were pony in the first half, having 98% of the possession but being too intent on trying to score the perfect goal. We barely looked like scoring once, but then Jamie Hennessey got one on 58n minutes, a superb solo strike on 65, and our fourth on 88. Our third was scored by Chris Robinson, a defender (his first for us) even though John Pomroy had clearly controlled the ball with his hand in the build up. Sometimes they go for you...

The Staines & Egham News continued their fine tradition of not letting the truth getting in the way of a good story in saying that Hennessey's hat-trick at Cove was on his debut, even though my match report said "Hennessey had made a promising, lively debut against Guildford City". It looked good on the page, though. Does anyone know if Mr "Ash Ash Ash United" is still around to drive us mad as we have a trip to Youngs Drive next week.

Referee was sideways on to John Pomroy for third goal and suspected a handball but was not certain. Unfortunately for Bookham an official can not (or should not) give decisions on what he thinks may have happened. Assistant said it was not handball so a goal awarded

COBHAM 0 V 2 SHEERWATER ,good win for the underdogs,well done Loop and Y.V

Here Here great result for Loop and all at Sheerwater...you may not need that favour after all Loop!! ;)

Great win Loop, just gutted you won when we did! Still that means Chobham remain rooted and FNE have gone down two places below both of us! Look forward to meeting you next Saturday and putting a face to the name in the interesting clash! Same points from a tough season, but both off the back of a win and with much improved form, should be a cracker!! :smilewinkgrin:

South Park 7-0 FNE

From the 2nd minute Park took control when Chris Smith was first to react from a corner to turn and fire home. With 15 minute gone Park made it two C.Smith chased down what look like a lost cause but keeper took too long and hit the ball off Smith straight into the path of Wilson who tapped into the empty net. At that early stage it was clear to see it was game won as FNE had very little to offer, with there Manager playing and only 2 on the bench. Lavery curled a free kick in off the bar and C.Smith added his 2nd with a neat finish, 4-0 HT not getting out of 2nd gear.

Instructions at half time were try to double the lead and keep a clean sheet and get Dave Smith on the score sheet. Two of the three were accomplished, Lavery fired ANOTHER free kick into the top corner just after the break, that 3 in 2 games! And completed his hattrick after good work from Parker out wide. 7th came from all of yard from Dave Smith much to the joy of the Park faithful. Good result seeing others slip up and now looking forward to Wednesday nights final.

Great pen save SoF, liking the little move along the line - never had the confidence to do that myself - preferred the "pick a side" and stick with it method

Thanx Briggers, I had no idea what I was doing, but knew I'd throw myself that way! Are u a Farnham player?

Taking a day off from work Thursday Molly ;)

Think i might need to looking at there side and if we win i'll still be out Thurs anyhow, will our leader be venturing to Greater London?

Great pen save SoF, liking the little move along the line - never had the confidence to do that myself - preferred the "pick a side" and stick with it method

Thanx Briggers, I had no idea what I was doing, but knew I'd throw myself that way! Are u a Farnham player?

Richie,Briggers is Mole Valley through and through.

Frimley Green 1 - 0 CB Hounslow

Well done Tommo - good recovery from midweek mauling

Well done to all at Frimley. Lets hope the confidence is back.

Thought the Eversley keeper was MOM yesterday and with a mix of great saves and missed chances, I think our afternoon was summed up with the goalbound shot towards the end of the game, which had finally beaten the machine of a keeper, only to be cleared off the line by the Eversley defender. Great set up, nice pitch and with Sav taking the reigns next season, only good things going to happen at Eversley I imagine. As a defender, seeing us go 1 down (great strike) after having so many chances was very frustrating, but its not a loss, we've got a small unbeaten run starting now with a tough game on Friday, where we will need 3 points.

Eversley 1-1 warlingham. A dominant display from warlingham but as I have reported to many times this season we failed to take our chances and there were certainly plenty. With teams above up slipping up this is 2 points dropped for wars. With farleigh next up on friday night wars will need to be better in front of goal to keep their promotion hopes alive.

Lucky to get away with a point today. Warlingham looked good,but lacked an end product which may cost them in the run in.

Good performance from our reserve team keeper,who was making only his 2nd start for the first team.

Pleasing to see we can still battle for points,even with key players unavailable.

To be perfectly honest I have to agree with Tucks as the visitors could of and should of gone home comfortably with all three points. Although well below full strength we dug in and showed a lot of guts / character with our players, including 2 debutants and our reserve keeper (who with his last two excellent performances is pushing for number 1), deserving a lot of credit for their attitude and commitment. Warlingham outnumbered our chances 10-1 and hit the post 4 times in the game, but a lack of composure up front (Brunty your only good from 25 yards out! ha! ha!), cost the visitors and the best goal of the game opened the scoring on 50 minutes for Eversley as Enrico Rossoni expertly volleyed home Luke Furrugia's cross to score his 5th goal in 6 games since joining from the Lammas........with our first (and only) shot on target in the whole game! Another former Lammas favourite in Wolfie marshalled our young defense well and it was only the second bite of the cherry from a Warlingham corner that Mark Cecil buried 10 minutes from time that pulled Warlingham level on 80 minutes. Love to entertain Warlingham and especially Tucks who is what this game is all about IMO. Fiercely competitive of course, but with an underlying humour and respect for those around him. Tucks - Good luck for the rest of the season!

COBHAM 0 V 2 SHEERWATER ,good win for the underdogs,well done Loop and Y.V

Here Here great result for Loop and all at Sheerwater...you may not need that favour after all Loop!! ;)

Great win Loop, just gutted you won when we did! Still that means Chobham remain rooted and FNE have gone down two places below both of us! Look forward to meeting you next Saturday and putting a face to the name in the interesting clash! Same points from a tough season, but both off the back of a win and with much improved form, should be a cracker!! :smilewinkgrin:

No mate, as Smudge says, Mole Valley through and through.

Bad knees, back and old age have sadly ended my playing days, but do a variety of other tasks to keep me involved.

Good news for Cove then Duncs. Wonder where the money is coming from ;)

He is a local buisness man who wants to take the club forward to the next level he knows it will cost a lot of money but is prepared to help,as I said he is going to get the pitch completely renewed and that has got to be good news for everyone,also the council are providing us with an all weather pitch that will be used for training and will help to keep people off the main playing surface.

Wood 2-1 Chessington

A "bits and pieces" game (some good bits, some bad) but, I think, just about a deserved win for Wood.

Mario Embalo scored on 13 minutes and sub Nathan Turner on 66 minutes.

Zak Graham scored for Chessy on 85 minutes.

Our Surrey Cup q-final is at Corinthian-Casuals on 5th April.

FULL TIME - EGHAM TOWN 4 (0) BOOKHAM 0 (0). Odd convention, that; a side fails to score in the whole game so clearly has no goals to report in the first half yet we balance it with a "(0)". I remember Steve Webb trying to catch me out once when I told him a partiicular match had ended 0-0. "What was the score at half time?", he joshed. I nearly bit. Anyway, we were pony in the first half, having 98% of the possession but being too intent on trying to score the perfect goal. We barely looked like scoring once, but then Jamie Hennessey got one on 58n minutes, a superb solo strike on 65, and our fourth on 88. Our third was scored by Chris Robinson, a defender (his first for us) even though John Pomroy had clearly controlled the ball with his hand in the build up. Sometimes they go for you...

The Staines & Egham News continued their fine tradition of not letting the truth getting in the way of a good story in saying that Hennessey's hat-trick at Cove was on his debut, even though my match report said "Hennessey had made a promising, lively debut against Guildford City". It looked good on the page, though. Does anyone know if Mr "Ash Ash Ash United" is still around to drive us mad as we have a trip to Youngs Drive next week.

Referee was sideways on to John Pomroy for third goal and suspected a handball but was not certain. Unfortunately for Bookham an official can not (or should not) give decisions on what he thinks may have happened. Assistant said it was not handball so a goal awarded

I was not complaining! (Hands up all those thinking "for once".)