Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th March Games.

Smudge

There are lots of ways you can come to the arena m25 or not it's doesn't matter because if the traffic's there it's there nothing you cam do about it, sometime it will be clear and sometimes a bloody nightmare so all depends on the day.

I WENT TO WATCH CROYDON LAST SEASON FOR THE FIRST TIME, TOOK ME 2 HR 10 MINS AND MISSED THE FIRST 25 MINS ! I DIDN'T GO ON THE MOTORWAY 'COS IF THERES A TRAFFIC JAM YOU'RE STUCK AND POSSIBLY MISS THE GAME ! AT LEAST OTHER ROUTES YOU CAN DO DETOURS...... GETTING BACK WASN'T TOO BAD 1 HR 50 MINS ! ................ SO NOT POSSIBLY GOING TO EXPERIENCE THAT HORRENDOUS JOURNEY AGAIN THATS WHY I WON'T GO THERE AGAIN, PLUS LIKE THE SPECTRUM IT HAD NO ATMOSPHERE AND SOULESS. I WISHED I HADN'T GONE, BUT AT LEAST I CAN SAY I'VE VISITED THE PLACE.

BBM hope I didn't put you off mate but asking my team what way u shoot!

Plus I ran away once the ref blew the whistle to tap my post

We've still got to play u at your place right?

I got some stick for missing that... especially as you were on the other side of the goal!

Yeah your coming to us on a Tuesday night! It took us 2 hours to get to you on Saturday, so good luck with your trip wink.gif

2 hours, How come? Which way did u go? To anyone not knowing how to get to the arena I think junction 6 of the M25 and follow the sat-nav from there! But I know the M25 can be rubbish

That was my first pen save of the season out of 6. Did u hear me ask everyone "which way does he go?"

Yeah i did hear but didnt look which way you were pointing! Thats only the 2nd ive missed out of 12 so not too bad of a record. Just hope I get on the score sheet when you come to us to make up for the pen miss! We went up the A3 so obviously abit of a school boy error!

Smudge nobody from us is moaning, even if it did take us 2 hours to get there we all still came in for a couple of beers and a sandwich with the hosts. I was pointing out that it took 2 hours on a Saturday, so during rush hour on a Tuesday night would take even longer.

As I couldn't make the MVSCR v Camberley clash on Saturday, i took the chance to watch our Reserves take a big step toward the Reserve Division title, when they beat 2nd placed Frimley Green, to move 8 pts clear, with a game in hand.

Managed to get a few pictures as well.

post-5526-0-94211300-1300053498_thumb.jpg

post-5526-0-37293300-1300053597_thumb.jpg

To see full image collection, click here

Nice pics. After speaking to Cameron on Friday night I said I'd try and get to this but sadly missed out. Good to see all the ex-Merstham boys down there doing well.

Thanks for that - now i have packed up playing, gives me a lot of enjoyment going and photographing the matches.

Camo has done really well there, but with the squad he has got, he should do (fair play to him though for getting them in). His team Saturday included two (if not three - not sure about Glenn Garman) of the Merstham boys who played in the Vase Quarter Final a couple of years back.

Joe Hill made a big difference, and notched both goals, whilst Chris Read had a mixed day, played took, but took one for the team with 20 to go - bought down forward when last man, and was sent off, but we survived the free kick, and held on for the win.

Edited by Briggers

YOUR REALLY WHAT THE C.C.L.NEED,LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD,BEING THE FACELESS PERSON YOU ARE,THAT NO ONE ON HERE HAS EVER MET,I PERSONALLY THINK YOUR A DICKHEAD.

CHEEKY, DO YOU LIKE DICKHEADS......... UMMM TUTT TUTT SMUDGY BOY OH PURIST ONE, DOES IT FRUSTRATE YOU NOT KNOWING WHO I AM............. PROBLEM IS SMUDGE, I KNOW, SEEN AND STOOD NEXT TO YOU AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW, SO FACELESS I'M NOT..............LOL !

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME TALKING THE TRUTH, I CAN LIE IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ?.......THE ARENA AND SPECTRUM ARE THE BEST GROUNDS IN THE CCL... DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW ? SO SORRY I HAVE OFFENDED YOUR BELOVED CROYDON ON WHOM YOU WALKED OUT ON I BELIEVE SAYING YOU WOULD NEVER GO BACK AFTER BEING A BALL BOY AND TREATED DISRESPECTFULLY ? INFACT, I ACTUALLY WONDER HOW MANY BOTHERED TO TURN UP ON SATURDAY AT THE ARENA........ MUST HAVE BEEN A MASSIVE CROWD !

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

Edited by NICE GUY

YOUR REALLY WHAT THE C.C.L.NEED,LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD,BEING THE FACELESS PERSON YOU ARE,THAT NO ONE ON HERE HAS EVER MET,I PERSONALLY THINK YOUR A DICKHEAD.

CHEEKY, DO YOU LIKE DICKHEADS......... UMMM TUTT TUTT SMUDGY BOY OH PURIST ONE, DOES IT FRUSTRATE YOU NOT KNOWING WHO I AM............. PROBLEM IS SMUDGE, I KNOW, SEEN AND STOOD NEXT TO YOU AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW, SO FACELESS I'M NOT..............LOL !

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME TALKING THE TRUTH, I CAN LIE IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ?.......THE ARENA AND SPECTRUM ARE THE BEST GROUNDS IN THE CCL... DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW ? SO SORRY I HAVE OFFENDED YOUR BELOVED CROYDON ON WHOM YOU WALKED OUT ON I BELIEVE SAYING YOU WOULD NEVER GO BACK AFTER BEING A BALL BOY AND TREATED DISRESPECTFULLY ? INFACT, I ACTUALLY WONDER HOW MANY BOTHERED TO TURN UP ON SATURDAY AT THE ARENA........ MUST HAVE BEEN A MASSIVE CROWD !

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

There were 3 times as many spectators at Croydon on Saturday than watched Hayes Gate at Hanwell.

Edited by Green_Fingers

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

There were 3 times as many spectators at Croydon on Saturday than watched Hayes Gate at Hanwell.

THATS 3 THEN I TAKE GF......HA HA !!! ................. SERIOUSLY GF DO YOU KNOW?

Camo has done really well there, but with the squad he has got, he should do (fair play to him though for getting them in). His team Saturday included two (if not three - not sure about Glenn Garman) of the Merstham boys who played in the Vase Quarter Final a couple of years back.

Just checked my match report from the day (as I couldn't remember) and Glen was an unused sub that day. :)

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

THATS 3 THEN I TAKE GF......HA HA !!! ................. SERIOUSLY GF DO YOU KNOW?

Close....

Division 1 Chobham 0-1 Westfield 67 Cobham 0-2 Sheerwater 25 Eversley 1-1 Warlingham 36 Farleigh Rovers 2-0 Farnham Town 12 Frimley Green 1-0 CB Hounslow Utd 22 Hartley Wintney 1-3 Feltham 29 Hayes Gate 1-9 Worcester Park 4 South Park 7-0 Farnborough North End 52 Staines Lammas 2-0 Bedfont Sports 62

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

Close....

Division 1 Chobham 0-1 Westfield 67 Cobham 0-2 Sheerwater 25 Eversley 1-1 Warlingham 36 Farleigh Rovers 2-0 Farnham Town 12 Frimley Green 1-0 CB Hounslow Utd 22 Hartley Wintney 1-3 Feltham 29 Hayes Gate 1-9 Worcester Park 4 South Park 7-0 Farnborough North End 52 Staines Lammas 2-0 Bedfont Sports 62

THANKS GF

HA HA ...........YOU ARE JOKING ME... YOU MEAN A MASSIVE 12 TURNED UP AT THE ARENA SATURDAY............. LOADS STILL PROBABLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC !!! .....................AND WHAT HAYES PARK ONLY....... 4 (FOUR) !!! TROUBLE AHEAD I THINK FOR HAYES PARK.

SEE MY POINT SMUDGY BOY ?

Edited by NICE GUY

BBM hope I didn't put you off mate but asking my team what way u shoot!

Plus I ran away once the ref blew the whistle to tap my post

We've still got to play u at your place right?

I got some stick for missing that... especially as you were on the other side of the goal!

Yeah your coming to us on a Tuesday night! It took us 2 hours to get to you on Saturday, so good luck with your trip wink.gif

2 hours, How come? Which way did u go? To anyone not knowing how to get to the arena I think junction 6 of the M25 and follow the sat-nav from there! But I know the M25 can be rubbish

That was my first pen save of the season out of 6. Did u hear me ask everyone "which way does he go?"

Yeah i did hear but didnt look which way you were pointing! Thats only the 2nd ive missed out of 12 so not too bad of a record. Just hope I get on the score sheet when you come to us to make up for the pen miss! We went up the A3 so obviously abit of a school boy error!

Smudge nobody from us is moaning, even if it did take us 2 hours to get there we all still came in for a couple of beers and a sandwich with the hosts. I was pointing out that it took 2 hours on a Saturday, so during rush hour on a Tuesday night would take even longer.

Thats not a bad record to be fair... Bit of an error going A3 but you'll learn from these mistakes, gettinh to croydon most of the time its always easier (dependant on traffic) heading down to J6 of M25 and up the A22

And credit to you all at Farnham, staying for drink & sandwhiches.... we know it's not the best looking place in the world but it's our home for now & we welcome any visiting team to join us.

Looking forward to the tuesday night game! i have work in the mornings like everyone else but always like to stay for a drink & a bite to eat... see u in April BBM & good luck

TRS. I honestly don't know the purpose but I guess cos we wanted to go higher, maybe the FA vase etc!

Our support has suffered a bit as were now down at the arena but we still get the regulars (Inc the tea lady) down to watch. Our reserves still play at Farleigh and they get good support most weekend.

Our derby days vs. Warlingham @ Farleigh would attract 100+

Smudge - I'm a Croydon boy, like most Farleigh players! It's got a bad rep but it's home!

I saw Dorking play at Farleigh when we needed to win well to go up. Only won 3-0 i think (should have had 10!!) and everyone thought all was lost, only for you lot to unbelievably beat Knaphill in the final game the following Saturday! Parking at Farleigh is tricky though, if you can't get in the car park!