Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wed 23rd results

WAS at colliers wood, this was a typical nothing to play for game. with both teams not up for it. at one point duncs was heard to shout out,we look like we cant be bothered. thought JJ had a fair game. but how is he at 5foot and a bit, allowed to win every header. but it was a dire dire night.coffee%20%282%29.gif

that 'bit' on the end of the five foot is oh so important though! Its all about the spring, the timing and the technique. I am still carrying my hammy injury which I will be resting on Saturday for sure! Cant keep playing on it as it just wont get better.

Struggling for players last night as you could see with Koo on the bench....AGAIN!

No recognised centre backs in the team and only 1 forward. We pulled together although a little bit disjointed and came away with a 1-0 win which I think was a deserved fair result. Colliers Wood look a shadow of what we played in the Vase in September!

WAS at colliers wood, this was a typical nothing to play for game. with both teams not up for it. at one point duncs was heard to shout out,we look like we cant be bothered. thought JJ had a fair game. but how is he at 5foot and a bit, allowed to win every header. but it was a dire dire night.coffee%20%282%29.gif

DUNCS ''CANT BE BOTHERED'' WHAT YOUR TEAM ? ......... AS I SAID BEFORE CLUBS WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, SO WHY WATCH GAMES AS TF PROCLAIMED WAS DIRE............TF ASK FOR YOUR £6 BACK....LOL !

NOW IF THESE 2 TEAMS HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR TF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER MORE ENTERTAINING GAME............ BUT WHAT DO I KNOW !

WHAT SP[RINGS TO MIND 'COS ITS RECENT, LOOK AT MOLESEY RECENT RESULTS FOR EXAMPLE, LOST A FEW GAMES SO WHEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE OUT OF THE RUNNING FOR THE LEAGUE, RESULTS REMAINED TO TUMBLE AGAINST HANWORTH VILLA, COVE, SANDHURST, YET ON TUESDAY WITH THE SURREY SENIOR CUP WITHIN THEIR GRASPS THEY GO AND BEAT RYMAN PREMIER CARSHALTON !................. 'COS SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR ..........UNDERSTAND NOW WEEBS !

No.

DUNCS ''CANT BE BOTHERED'' WHAT YOUR TEAM ? ......... AS I SAID BEFORE CLUBS WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, SO WHY WATCH GAMES AS TF PROCLAIMED WAS DIRE............TF ASK FOR YOUR £6 BACK....LOL !

NOW IF THESE 2 TEAMS HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR TF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER MORE ENTERTAINING GAME............ BUT WHAT DO I KNOW !

WHAT SP[RINGS TO MIND 'COS ITS RECENT, LOOK AT MOLESEY RECENT RESULTS FOR EXAMPLE, LOST A FEW GAMES SO WHEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE OUT OF THE RUNNING FOR THE LEAGUE, RESULTS REMAINED TO TUMBLE AGAINST HANWORTH VILLA, COVE, SANDHURST, YET ON TUESDAY WITH THE SURREY SENIOR CUP WITHIN THEIR GRASPS THEY GO AND BEAT RYMAN PREMIER CARSHALTON !................. 'COS SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR ..........UNDERSTAND NOW WEEBS !

You are right to question that NG. coffee%20(2).gif

that 'bit' on the end of the five foot is oh so important though! Its all about the spring, the timing and the technique. I am still carrying my hammy injury which I will be resting on Saturday for sure! Cant keep playing on it as it just wont get better.

Struggling for players last night as you could see with Koo on the bench....AGAIN!

No recognised centre backs in the team and only 1 forward. We pulled together although a little bit disjointed and came away with a 1-0 win which I think was a deserved fair result. Colliers Wood look a shadow of what we played in the Vase in September!

could see you where struggling. nice shout when asked if you wanted to come off, with mins left. NO I AM IN THE ZONE. coffee%20%282%29.gif

No.

HA HA THATS A SURPRISE, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU WOULDN'T........

I agree with NG in that end of season games can get tedious between sides with nothing to play for and no matter what Duncs and Weebs say it is down to players mindset and no management will change that. There will be some players in all teams that will coast through games now. I don't agree however that an extra cup will change things, play offs with a promotion spot may do but only for 2 or 3 sides. Not the masses as NG seems to think.

I agree with NG in that end of season games can get tedious between sides with nothing to play for and no matter what Duncs and Weebs say it is down to players mindset and no management will change that. There will be some players in all teams that will coast through games now. I don't agree however that an extra cup will change things, play offs with a promotion spot may do but only for 2 or 3 sides. Not the masses as NG seems to think.

AGREE about cup. but if there was something to play for, then im sure that clubs would stay up for it, for longer. EGHAM is a good example. would they have made changes, if they had something to play for.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Spot on SF. Play-offs (and NG's brainchild the "Best of Also-Rans Trophy") are for teams finishing 2-5 in the League. Can't see any team outside current top 7 finishing in top 5, so how would an extra cup change things?

Even to the extent GF that teams in 3 and 4 won't be catching top side but probably guaranteed a play off spot few games from end will end up resting and easing off for a few games to prepare for play offs. No matter what you do when you do it some games will always be a nothing game. On the flip side some nothing games can be great to watch as teams go out and enjoy themselves.

Nice Guy. To be fair to our lads you have to look at the games on an individual basis.

The Sandhurst cup defeat was a game that myself and DT10 had to get played, and we both agreed it would be a fringe/youth game and we both got something out of it. On the night we were 2-1 up in the 97th minute and they nicked one. All subs had been used and we lost two more during extras, losing 3-2. No disgrace and it was a full on game.

Hanworth are flying but we could have been a couple up, and they scored a good one early on then our young keeper unfortunately made an error for their second. we pulled it back to 2-1 before half time and looked set to get back into it, but a bad error let them in for 3-1. We still pressed all the way and pulled it back to 3-2, but too little too late. The endeavour was still there.

Cove was partly my fault, as I knew the threats Carshalton posed and only knew of one striker being available for Cove, so we tried a 4-5-1 formation in the first half, just to see how it suited us. This clearly did not work and we went in 2-0 down. We changed it second half and looked more balanced, but then a correct penalty decision made it 3-0. Again, the endeavour after that was ther and we pulled one back, but all to no avail. Duncs has even claimed his keeper was MOM.

In every game we have conceded first and it is true to say that this is never the ideal scenario.

In our case, we would never go into a game with the view there is nothing to play for, but we did hit a "wall" after the Bookham game as our side have worked very hard in all our matches this season, but the stuffing seemed to get knocked out of what is quite a young side who were maybe feeling a bit of pressure. We won 17 games on the run and that takes a lot out of you, and for some reason I pinpoint that particular day as one that had a very defined effect on our season. We were rubbish at Farleigh, but were again favourites. At Carshalton we were the underdogs, but worked no harder that night than most others, but we knew the opposition were fragile at the moment and took full advantage.

I am hoping that we will start to pick up again, results wise, but I expect (and get) everything from my lads week in week out.

I cannot disagree with your view that this is not always the case, however, but that is up to the relevant management to sort out.

Nice Guy. To be fair to our lads you have to look at the games on an individual basis.

The Sandhurst cup defeat was a game that myself and DT10 had to get played, and we both agreed it would be a fringe/youth game and we both got something out of it. On the night we were 2-1 up in the 97th minute and they nicked one. All subs had been used and we lost two more during extras, losing 3-2. No disgrace and it was a full on game.

Hanworth are flying but we could have been a couple up, and they scored a good one early on then our young keeper unfortunately made an error for their second. we pulled it back to 2-1 before half time and looked set to get back into it, but a bad error let them in for 3-1. We still pressed all the way and pulled it back to 3-2, but too little too late. The endeavour was still there.

Cove was partly my fault, as I knew the threats Carshalton posed and only knew of one striker being available for Cove, so we tried a 4-5-1 formation in the first half, just to see how it suited us. This clearly did not work and we went in 2-0 down. We changed it second half and looked more balanced, but then a correct penalty decision made it 3-0. Again, the endeavour after that was ther and we pulled one back, but all to no avail. Duncs has even claimed his keeper was MOM.

In every game we have conceded first and it is true to say that this is never the ideal scenario.

In our case, we would never go into a game with the view there is nothing to play for, but we did hit a "wall" after the Bookham game as our side have worked very hard in all our matches this season, but the stuffing seemed to get knocked out of what is quite a young side who were maybe feeling a bit of pressure. We won 17 games on the run and that takes a lot out of you, and for some reason I pinpoint that particular day as one that had a very defined effect on our season. We were rubbish at Farleigh, but were again favourites. At Carshalton we were the underdogs, but worked no harder that night than most others, but we knew the opposition were fragile at the moment and took full advantage.

I am hoping that we will start to pick up again, results wise, but I expect (and get) everything from my lads week in week out.

I cannot disagree with your view that this is not always the case, however, but that is up to the relevant management to sort out.

Agree and I do the same.... Always something to play for or get out.......... SIMPLE.

Wood 0-1 Cove

I think that is as bad as I've seen any Wood side play since my time at the club.

From the first minute, Cove hassled and harried us and we simply never got going.

Might have been diferent if Nathan Turner's shot had not been cleared off the line.

It was a poor game but the effort, once again, could not be faulted on both sides.

One subtle moment in the 71st minute won the game when Shaun Hayes finished nicely following a good flick.

Only one of three very good subs used was an error on our part IMHO.

Wood 0-1 Cove

I think that is as bad as I've seen any Wood side play since my time at the club.

From the first minute, Cove hassled and harried us and we simply never got going.

Might have been diferent if Nathan Turner's shot had not been cleared off the line.

It was a poor game but the effort, once again, could not be faulted on both sides.

One subtle moment in the 71st minute won the game when Shaun Hayes finished nicely following a good flick.

CC what was john thinking about. re subs. it was obvious to everyone, that turner needed a hand.and as ive said JJ never lost a header. i know ageyman, would at least of competed. if mario is injured then fine otherwise i think he made a big mistake.coffee%20%282%29.gif

CC what was john thinking about. re subs. it was obvious to everyone, that turner needed a hand.and as ive said JJ never lost a header. i know ageyman, would at least of competed. if mario is injured then fine otherwise i think he made a big mistake.coffee%20%282%29.gif

?? not Tiny Temper from Badshot, surely!!

Wood 0-1 Cove

Subs were Mario Embalo (came on too late), Joe Frimpong (man of the match v RPV Saturday!) and youth team captain Harold Odamatey

He is not at CWUFC!

SORRY I MEANT FRIMPONG :doh:

DUNCS ''CANT BE BOTHERED'' WHAT YOU'RE TEAM ? ..........

NOADSEY WATCH asked one of cove people,where the angry one was, they said signing for egham. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Wrong and wrong again wasn't any of us who shouted out anything like that, I think you'll find it was uncle Albert on the Colliers bench who said it more than once,Noady is not going to Egham he is staying with us,we are aiming for a top 6 finish so plenty to play for NG

DUNCS ''CANT BE BOTHERED'' WHAT YOU'RE TEAM ? ..........

NOADSEY WATCH asked one of cove people,where the angry one was, they said signing for egham. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Wrong and wrong again wasn't any of us who shouted out anything like that, I think you'll find it was uncle Albert on the Colliers bench who said it more than once,Noady is not going to Egham he is staying with us,we are aiming for a top 6 finish so plenty to play for NG

TOP 6 WOW ! I DO UNDERSTAND DUNCS AS ITS A CLUB MILESTONE, BUT IT WINS YOU NOTHING. NOW IF YOU HAD A 'PLAY-OFF CUP'' TO PLAY FOR YOUR LADS AND CLUB COULD ACTUALLY WIN SOME SILVERWARE .................... OH WELL