Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

Does anyone have any info on where they will be Playing if accepted into the C.C.L.,if so will there ground have to be inspected by 31st March 2011.Reason being their entry into the League Pyramid has to be accepted by the F.A.has this been done already?Not read any articles about it anywhere,or will they be treated as a SPECIAL case.

They'll probably be playing at Footes Lane which is a 6000 capacity ground of which 720 are seats. It has a running track around it.

There are four other floodlit grounds on Guernsey (I think) all of which should pass the grading. Bear in mind they have teams playing in mainland county cups and teams who've entered the FA Vase in the past.

They'll probably be playing at Footes Lane which is a 6000 capacity ground of which 720 are seats. It has a running track around it.

There are four other floodlit grounds on Guernsey (I think) all of which should pass the grading. Bear in mind they have teams playing in mainland county cups and teams who've entered the FA Vase in the past.

NOT ANOTHER ONE LOL !!!

NOT ANOTHER ONE LOL !!!

Like at Gateshead ... and only 500 turn up its almost eerie..........But who knows they may be another Wimbledon and fill it...Now that would be worth a trip.

The letter I have says the meeting to discuss this is next Monday at Imber Court, so I assume it is then. I would imgaine that they would have met the criteria for the CCL, it is just a question of whether or not clubs are wiling to accept them. At least clubs have been given ample notice about this and have been able to discuss/investigate the matter thoroughly, rather than have something sprung on them at an AGM, which sometimes can happen.

No I do not think so,google shows nothing at all.Find it strange that a meeting is going to be held after the 31st March Ground Grading date, to even see if the F.A. will sanction there inclusion even.You would think that they would be shouting from the tree tops,if they had been accepted,after their failed bid to join the Kent League.MAYBE WHITELAW has some news.

The ground grading issue is different to the acceptance one. We received a "D" grading a while back, which is more than enough to progress. We are not going to need quite that as we are not looking likely to get in a position to do so, but the work required was done anyway. I would be surprised if they do not have the required grade, as I said before, so when the meeting is held is irrelevant. Clubs will make their decision based on how they feel it will effect them as individuals in the first instance, then the league itself. Croydon had all the requirements when they applied at the AGM a couple of years ago, but they were dependant on the clubs voting them in, which they did. This will be the same, and it will certainly be an interesting meeting next Monday.

I don't wish to say too much about Guernsey at present, pending the Clubs' meeting on Monday, which will take the form of a presentation from officers of Guernsey FA, following which they will answer all questions from the floor. They have been made aware of all the concerns and enquiries that clubs have already raised. Clubs will then be able to make up their own minds.

I try only to deal in facts when I post on the forum, rather than giving my views and opinions but I will make an exception this time. I think that we have to give it a try. It may indeed be spectacularly unsuccessful and of course there are challenges to overcome, but it is also a very exciting opportunity and will hopefully be a superb experience for our clubs.

If the League had turned down the overtures from Guernsey, without exploring them and without putting the matter before the Clubs, I am sure that we would have come in for some strong criticism.

maybe the combined counties and easyjet league

Good shout... Sponsorship from an airline free for discounted travel.......Smudge over to u son.

Years ago it was called the Dan Air league...... Now that was an experience flying with them.......

The sponsors of Guernsey FC haven't been formally announced to my knowledge but, reading various pieces written by people on the island, if it's who I think it is the league may want to try and do a deal when the current one with Cherry Red runs out. They already sponsor a few teams at the top levels of football in at least three European countries and aren't short of a few bob.

Don't want to [****!!****] up any potential deals so I won't say any more. The info's out there if you look hard enough.

I used to referee in CCFL back in the old days, and we all called the league DAN DARE LEAGUE. Happy days!

You must have Reffed me at Ashford then Middleman......