Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

V.P.C.T.F.C your our stats man, always ready with a link, so tell us where,you are not slow going forward with your info.The reason you cant is there is none

Turns out I was wrong in that last post. The sponsors were formally announced on Monday.

Guernsey F.C. have released their logo, Guernsey Evening Press, Monday 28th March 2011

1114437_350.jpg

The Green Lions of Guernsey F.C. are almost here after the official unveiling of the new club’s crest and motto. At a private presentation last week, organisers of the proposed new club unveiled the logo as well as sponsorship and advertising opportunities to members of the island’s business community.It marks another massive step on Guernsey's journey to joining the league pyramid, probably the Combined Counties League. We wanted to adopt a club badge that stood for what the new community club is all about said Steve Dewsnip, one of the club’s directors.

http://www.thisisgue...ons-roar-nears/

It's said on Non-league matters -

Guernsey F.C. are being sponsored by Sportingbet for £750,000 per season.

They have apparently already signed up a number of locally born players with U.K. experience

such as Chris Tardif (ex Bournemouth and Oxford United) and Ryan "Zico" Black (numerous teams in the North-West)

They are meeting with the F.A next Monday,followed by a Meeting with the Combined Counties League on the same day.Interestingly their new kit is light blue shirts,white shorts,likened to Man City by the Guernsey Press.If V.P.C.T.F.C. is correct their Sponsorship is akin to them also.LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER,enjoy your trip,you will only be going once.

They are meeting with the F.A next Monday,followed by a Meeting with the Combined Counties League on the same day.Interestingly their new kit is light blue shirts,white shorts,likened to Man City by the Guernsey Press.If V.P.C.T.F.C. is correct their Sponsorship is akin to them also.LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER,enjoy your trip,you will only be going once.

Not sure where I stand on this and frankly it doesn't matter what I think. There are a lot of plus points but undoubtedly will cause a few headaches.

I officiated at a match in Guernsey last season and enjoyed every moment of it and sure if they do join it will be a great experience

Our home kit will be Green and White

Website under construction here http://www.guernseyfc.com/

Our rugby team plays at Footes Lane every other Saturday so if games are to be there then it will have to be worked around them.....the preference of the supporters is to have the home games at 'The Track' on Victoria Avenue.

Edited by Trebor

Our rugby team plays at Footes Lane every other Saturday so if games are to be there then it will have to be worked around them.....the preference of the supporters is to have the home games at 'The Track' on Victoria Avenue.

HI TREBOR WELCOME. WHICH OF THE 2 GROUNDS MENTIONED HAS THE BETTER PITCH ? FOOTES LANE WILL BE PLAYING FOOTBALL AND RUGBY SO THAT PITCH WILL TAKE A BATTERING (HAS THAT GOT A RUNNING PITCH AROUND IT ? ) THE OTHER BEING CALLED THE TRACK, APPEARS TO HAVE A RUNNING TRACK AND IS THERE ANY RUGBY BEING PLAYED ON THAT PITCH ?

HI TREBOR WELCOME. WHICH OF THE 2 GROUNDS MENTIONED HAS THE BETTER PITCH ? FOOTES LANE WILL BE PLAYING FOOTBALL AND RUGBY SO THAT PITCH WILL TAKE A BATTERING (HAS THAT GOT A RUNNING PITCH AROUND IT ? ) THE OTHER BEING CALLED THE TRACK, APPEARS TO HAVE A RUNNING TRACK AND IS THERE ANY RUGBY BEING PLAYED ON THAT PITCH ?

Footes Lane probably has the better playing surface but the track benefits from having no rugby played on it. Having said that no local team uses Footes Lane for football but the track is the home ground of Belgrave Wanderers so will see other games in that respect.

There is no athletics track around the track but there is a Go Kart track which is where it gets it's name from. It is an extremely narrow track and does not push the supporters back as far as an athletics track would. I don't know how this would affect the Kart Company on a Saturday though, i'm not sure how much it is in use on a saturday afternoon.

Footes Lane does have an athletics track around it.

zGR9Map10a71HHqJH0UC.jpg

guernsey-1.jpg

Edited by Trebor

Footes Lane probably has the better playing surface but the track benefits from having no rugby played on it. Having said that no local team uses Footes Lane for football but the track is the home ground of Belgrave Wanderers so will see other games in that respect.

There is no athletics track around the track but there is a Go Kart track which is where it gets it's name from. It is an extremely narrow track and does not push the supporters back as far as an athletics track would. I don't know how this would affect the Kart Company on a Saturday though, i'm not sure how much it is in use on a saturday afternoon.

Footes Lane does have an athletics track around it.

zGR9Map10a71HHqJH0UC.jpg

guernsey-1.jpg

THANKS TREBOR FOR THE VALUED INFORMATION FOR THE CCL CLUBS.

Not sure why this didnt show up in my previous post but this is the Track...as you can see you cant even notice the go-kart track between the pitch and the stand.

guernsey-1.jpg

Edit - Or maybe it did, my browser is being tempremental

Edited by Trebor

Still no photo of The Track showing, Trebor. Mind you, my computer's shagged as well.

Anyway, a little tweet from Tony Vance today regarding their sponsorship deal. As I mentioned the figure on here (taken from another forum) I think it's only right I should mention his response -

"Lots of interesting non factual info flying around the non league forums on GFC. £750k pa sponsorship deal.....I wish!!"

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Edited by NICE GUY

SLOW DOWN NG! The vote last night was for the CCL to now progress discussions with Guernsey. The details from the meeting will come out in due course from the CCL I imagine, so it would be improper of me to say too much. The chaps from Guernsey gave a good presentation and they were then subject to quite a prolonged Q&A session by the member clubs, and there were some extremely good points raised from the floor. Several of these were taken on board by them and they seemed receptive to these ideas. I can confirm that the annual budget quoted has been inflated in the various forums/news as far as they are concerned. It was, as required, a majority vote from the clubs to move the process forward and Guernsey are now in a position to tweak their proposal and tie up certain loose ends that they have. I understand the final call will come at the AGM, which is often the case with any new team coming in under such circumstances. It certainly was an interesting evening.

i just want to know why cc are letting them in when others havent, not that i am against it but still doesnt make a lot of sense to me as to why they are not in a closer league to there location, any info if they have been rejected by wessex or sussex?

I have heard that Gretna Green and Kirkwall also want to enter the CCL 2012-2013 season....Where will it all end?

At the conclusion of yesterday evening's meeting, a card vote was taken, with 30 clubs in favour of accepting Guernsey FC into the CCL next season, with 9 against. As has been said, the "final" vote will be taken at the AGM and approval stil has to be given by the Leagues Committee of the FA.

A number of searching questions were asked to which honest answers were given and which presumably satisfied the majority. Although the Management Committee is in favour of them joining, no pressure was put on the clubs and it was entirely the decision of the club reps present.

In response to one or two of the questions that have been posed on here, Guernsey are taking out insurance at their own cost, which will cover all medical expenses for visiting clubs, including repatriation should the need arise. As I understand it, visiting clubs will not have to take out any kind of insurance themselves.

Guernsey have offered to supply such items as training balls, cones etc. and will also provide kit for the visiting side to use if they wished, rather than taking it out themselves. In any event, the agreement they have negotiated with the airline includes a generous baggage allowance, which would allow for all kit etc. to be carried anyway.

Although we would have preferred it to be 25, they will pay all travel and accommodation costs (one night) for up to 22 persons. They have agreed to review that number in future seasons. The names of the travelling party can be changed without difficulty up to one day before hand and even later than that if there is an emergency, although hopefully that can generally be avoided. The visiting party will be met at the airport, conveyed to and from their hotel and the match and transported back to the airport afterwards. A pre-match lunch will also be laid on, if required. Clubs will be able to choose whether they wish to go and come back the same day, or stay overnight or for two nights (second night at club's expense).

I believe that the way it will all work is that Guernsey will liaise with visiting club secs well in advance of matches, to agree all travelling arrangements, which Guernsey will then book.

The hotel that will generally be used is a three star hotel, just ten minutes from the airport. There is likely to be a discounted package available for any supporters who wish to travel.

Horley Town have offered, in principle, to provide parking for clubs flying from Guernsey and maybe even ferry them to the airport. The League will be talking to Horley concerning this over the coming weeks.

Guernsey categorically stated that none of their players will be paid and I think they are as concerned that they will be able to compete at Step 6 as some are convinced that they will waltz through the leagues - only time will tell.

Apparently the interest on the Island continues to grow and Guernsey are anticipating crowds well into the hundreds. They were obviously not able to be specific as to the number of supporters that will travel with them to the mainland, as it is an unknown quantity but they hope it will be up to fifty. They are also hoping to arrange for similar discounted packages for Guernsey supporters which may increase the numbers travelling over.

It was again re-iterated that, as far as possible, all matches on the Island will be on Saturdays (although there is the possibility of using Sundays if the need arose) and it is accepted by Guernsey that, if necessary, some of their scheduled Saturday away games will be re-scheduled for midweek, to allow any postponed home matches to be re-arranged for a Saturday if the need arises. They will be using Footes Lane as their ground although they will have access to one or two other grounds on the island that will meet all Grade G requirements if the need arose in an emergency.

Whilst writing, can I respectfully state again that whilst I am more than happy to contribute to the forum with facts as and when I can (usually after they have been advised to club officers in the required manner) I can't be whistled up, as it were, to respond to every post where someone disagrees with a decision taken by the Management Committee. I suspect that I am possibly the only League Sec in the country who does at least try to provide some info from time to time to forums and I hope you can accept that.

I can remember that someone asked why it is that Worcester Park have a number of home fixtures at the present moment. The reason is that W Pk cannot play any Saturday home games until mid September, due to cricket and this, coupled with all the normal postponements, plus other 1st team games that had to be called off to allow their reserves to play home County Cup matches (they had a long run in the Surrey Intermediate Cup) creates a backlog. Where clubs have lights, it is fairly straightforward to re-arrange matches in midweek but with clubs like W Pk who do not have lights, all such re-arrangements have to be towards the end of the season, as Saturdays cannot easily be found.

I have also read some criticism that insufficient officers attend matches. Although I myself do not get to too many CCL games due to my Ashford commitments, (I've still managed about ten midweek games this season, albeit fairly locally) our Vice Chairman attends a match virtually every week, as did the Chairman until his recent heart attack (from which he is recovering well but still not yet mobile again) and so do various other officers, including Barbara our Registration Sec. If clubs see my dual commitment as a problem, I am sure they will vote me out in due course!

As far as Farnborough NE is concerned, I was surprised to read criticism from one person of the decision taken to allow them to play wherever they could within reason for the remainder of the season as I thought this decision was generally accepted at the time as being in the best interests of the League overall. I take the point that some clubs may be slightly advantaged/disadvantaged as a result of he various venues used since then but I dare say there will always be an element of rough justice in football at times especially at our level.

I will be at Knaphill's opening floodlit match this evening if anyone wants to say hallo.

Edited by whitelaw